Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 01:00 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times

Advertisements

We had to run out there the other day and traffic was almost as bad as usual. That whole area has gotten so built up.

And what is with the Krystal in Snellville? Is it permanently closed?

Old 05-13-2020, 09:09 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default What in tarnation is going on in Loganville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
We had to run out there the other day and traffic was almost as bad as usual. That whole area has gotten so built up.

Krystal's bankruptcy filing was done in late January and I suspect that there is a sorting out process occurring in terms of which locations are temporarily or permanently closed in the aftermath. And there may also be the complicating situation of corporate-owned or &/or licensee-owned franchise locations being dealt with that only complicates that process.

In terms of your query abut Loganville, it's a case of too much population growth & too much development all occurring simultaneously until the point of overload of capacity is reached. Combine those factors with a sorely lacking secondary road network and you have the same formula for disastrous traffic problems and gridlock that is playing out elsewhere in metro Atlanta.

Living in south suburbia now for almost a decade, I've come to repeatedly ask that same question of "What's going on in...or ...?"
I now understand that it's best to stay away from certain areas at certain times & generally to be on the lookout proactively before getting on the road. If leaving on an errand that amounts to more than a few miles, I always consult an online traffic page.

As such, I've learned to stay away from areas of Stockbridge & McDonough for example in view of their terrible gridlock problems that are the result of too much too soon in terms of development and population growth.

Last edited by atler8; 05-13-2020 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: simplified a sentence

Old 05-13-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
In terms of your query abut Loganville, it's a case of too much population growth & too much development all occurring simultaneously until the point of overload of capacity is reached. Combine those factors with a sorely lacking secondary road network and you have the same formula for disastrous traffic problems and gridlock that is playing out elsewhere in metro Atlanta.

Living in south suburbia now for almost a decade, I've come to repeatedly ask that same question of "What's going on in...or ...?"
I now understand that it's best to stay away from certain areas at certain times & generally to be on the lookout proactively before getting on the road. If leaving on an errand that amounts to more than a few miles, I always consult an online traffic page.

As such, I've learned to stay away from areas of Stockbridge & McDonough for example in view of their terrible gridlock problems that are the result of too much too soon in terms of development and population growth.
Well, I think you are right. Loganville has flat blown up in the last 20 years.

Hopefully that Krystal can make a comeback. I'd gotten used to stopping in that location whenever we were out that way.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:

We had to run out to Snellville the other day and it was sad to see the old Krystal just sitting there abandoned. In my opinion that was one of their better locations.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:37 PM

7 posts, read 5,890 times
Yes that Krystal is good huh? I live by one in Athens & they redid the wall recently... It's open tho... I've been to that location a long time ago, I mean I'm very keen on most things in that vicinity. Family commuted to mom parents and dad's grandparents every week ITP and we moved from Buford to monroe & I work at Eastside snellville hospital occasionally. That golden crust is good man,,, the Jamaican restaurant..... But yea it's been a long time coming for those loganville folks,,,, they area eons behind everyone else really.... & The schools are terrible along with any sort of local government workers or anything they're just shade tree. It's funny how it's obvious the big city areas like closer to atlanta would be better but it's mind boggling experiencing it first hand

Old 07-03-2023, 05:43 PM

7 posts, read 5,890 times
The traffic is going to happen because they literally designed it like that. They should shut off those side roads and create a exit ramp to funnel everyone in... But they need developments there for instance. Noone works and it leads to depression ECT. Some badass company was going to redo the whole downtown and put in a ton of affordable housing in loganville or between or something but since everyone is so country they shot them down after it was already in the works. I doubt if it was legal or not they way they took the contract away

Old 07-04-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecitykid1 View Post
Yes that Krystal is good huh? I live by one in Athens & they redid the wall recently... It's open tho... I've been to that location a long time ago, I mean I'm very keen on most things in that vicinity. Family commuted to mom parents and dad's grandparents every week ITP and we moved from Buford to monroe & I work at Eastside snellville hospital occasionally. That golden crust is good man,,, the Jamaican restaurant..... But yea it's been a long time coming for those loganville folks,,,, they area eons behind everyone else really.... & The schools are terrible along with any sort of local government workers or anything they're just shade tree. It's funny how it's obvious the big city areas like closer to atlanta would be better but it's mind boggling experiencing it first hand
I would have thought Loganville had strong schools. Doesn't Grayson cover part of that area?

Old 07-04-2023, 02:51 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
I would have thought Loganville had strong schools. Doesn't Grayson cover part of that area?
You are right that Loganville is an area that is generally regarded as having strong public schools.

The Gwinnett County side of the Loganville area is served by the schools of the Grayson High School cluster of the Gwinnett County Public Schools system.

The Walton County side of the Loganville area is served by the schools of the Loganville High School cluster of the Walton County School District.

Both Grayson and Loganville high schools are rated 8 out of 10 on GreatSchools.

Grayson HS has an A rating and Loganville HS has an A- rating on Niche.

And both Grayson and Loganville high schools have a 4 out of 5-star rating on SchoolDigger.

Both the Grayson HS and Loganville HS clusters are known to be and recognized as being areas of above-average schools.

Old 07-04-2023, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
You are right that Loganville is an area that is generally regarded as having strong public schools.

The Gwinnett County side of the Loganville area is served by the schools of the Grayson High School cluster of the Gwinnett County Public Schools system.

The Walton County side of the Loganville area is served by the schools of the Loganville High School cluster of the Walton County School District.

And both Grayson and Loganville high schools have a 4 out of 5-star rating on SchoolDigger.

Both the Grayson HS and Loganville HS clusters are known to be and recognized as being areas of above-average schools.
That's what I was thinking. Grayson has been one of the top teams in the state for nearly 20 years.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:27 PM

847 posts, read 1,457,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post

Another portion of the Gwinnett side is served by the schools of the Archer High School cluster of Gwinnett County Public Schools. Although our house is physically closer to Grayson High, our subdivision and most of the neighboring ones fall within the Archer cluster.

Both the Grayson and Archer clusters have taken a dip recently, but they are both still some of the better clusters in Gwinnett. Growth and crowding are definitely concerns on the Archer side since the only middle school in the cluster is literally the largest middle school in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta