Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 06:08 AM

94 posts, read 362,585 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, my sister moved to the ATL area last month from where we are from in Columbus, GA. I want to be closer to her like within 30 but that is negotiable. I don't want to live in the city, but also not too far away from it as well. I will be attending a technical school so a city eith or close to one would be ideal or any state college that is not a university that is credible. Also, I am in a relationship with another man who happens to be Venezuelan. So also a suburb that is gay friendly and diverse with a noticable Latin community. Also, safe obviously with everything we need around us. What would be your top five Atlanta suburbs for us? Btw, I am 25 and he is 33.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 06:29 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,695,422 times
Newnan may be an option for you and your partner if you want to be close to Atlanta but in the suburbs.

It's also the only place between Atlanta and Columbus that has a sizeable Hispanic/Latino population.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:50 AM

94 posts, read 362,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Newnan may be an option for you and your partner if you want to be close to Atlanta but in the suburbs.

It's also the only place between Atlanta and Columbus that has a sizeable Hispanic/Latino population.
Thank you. I love the Newnan area, I reposted this because I did nit kniw how to edit, i failed to mention my sister lives in Flowery Branch. Any suburb 30 mins or less away from here in Southern Hall that meet the criteria?

Old 07-03-2020, 08:22 AM

290 posts, read 368,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer_195 View Post
Thank you. I love the Newnan area, I reposted this because I did nit kniw how to edit, i failed to mention my sister lives in Flowery Branch. Any suburb 30 mins or less away from here in Southern Hall that meet the criteria?
I recommend the Parkview/Brookwood High area in Gwinnett. The Collins Hill High area in Gwinnett is also very nice. The area is very safe and has a very fast growing Hispanic community. You are bound to find a lot of Hispanics anywhere in Gwinnett County. The areas around 85 have the highest concentration of Hispanics but the area is not the nicest.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:37 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,081 times
South Hall has a huge Spanish speaking population--Mexicans working in construction and chicken factories.

Your best bet would be Gwinnett County up and down I-85 in places like Duluth or Gwinnett Place Mall.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:57 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,929,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLForr View Post
I recommend the Parkview/Brookwood High area in Gwinnett. The Collins Hill High area in Gwinnett is also very nice. The area is very safe and has a very fast growing Hispanic community. You are bound to find a lot of Hispanics anywhere in Gwinnett County. The areas around 85 have the highest concentration of Hispanics but the area is not the nicest.
Yep. The areas with the highest hispanic populations tend to not be as nice (and some areas along 85 are outright dangerous and have gang issues). But, there are a lot of areas that have good mix of diversity while still being good areas with good schools. I'd add Peachtree Ridge to that list. Of course depends on budget. You may be better off a little farther towards Buford which is just south of Hall County.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:48 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Sounds like Brookhaven might be a good fit for you. It is diverse and has a strong gay-friendly policy. It also has a lot of Hispanic residents, shopping, and entertainment options. Easy access to closer-in areas by train or automobile as well as access to I-85 when you want to go north.

I'm not sure what kind of technical school you are looking for but there are a number of them not too far away.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:09 PM

1,374 posts, read 922,143 times
Buford, close to Flowery Branch, in Gwinnett County with a lot of Hispanics, and you get a lot of house for the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta