Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:18 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,029,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Leaders at all levels need to be held accountable. She is responsible for the APD, and she and the city council have the authority to make changes. If this was such a problem as you mention - and I don’t deny it is a problem - then why did it wait for the latest events to do anything substantial?

She has been in city government for 10 years. She has been mayor for 3. Blaming her or not, she is responsible and needs to be held accountable for this mess. Either fix it or step aside and let someone do it who can.
So crime spiked one weekend after one of the longest, worst riots in US history and she needs to be fired or resign because she hasnt moved fast enough to reorganize a police department with a bad culture a 100 years at least in the making?This is ridiculous.

This is a problem in many major cities and I think she was trying to fic the problem when she gave the highest raise to police offers in APD history.
Ive brought this up several times but obviously it means nothing as some of you just want to keep on laying all the blame on her as if she hasnt or isnt being doing anything.SHE DIDNT WAIT!

Bottom line is in every incident in which police have had the best relations with mayors usually involves a pay raise.
Considering this was done last year,I think those police that didnt sit out should be given something monetarily as an incentive to not catch "the blue flu".
Im a retired Airman and it would be unheard of if this type of something were to happen among the ranks based on something they didnt like by their commanding officer.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
KLB tried to appease violent criminals instead of protecting the public. It was an awful strategy that backfired. She also decided to not support law enforcement and drove a wedge between herself and the police force. It was a recipe for disaster that she now has to own up to. Erika Shields was either forced out or resigned on her own depending on who you ask. It's now time for one of those two options to be applied to Mayor Bottoms. Enough is enough.
What "violent criminals"? This should be real good....

Old 07-07-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
For me, monocultural or not, if I had the opportunity to leave this country for Japan I would be gone without the slightest hesitation. They are just light years more effective at getting things done than we are here in America.
Yes homogeneous societies ted to be like this but if you are a minority you will grow to hate it as much after a while. You will never be a complete equal here but over there you will never be anything more than an honorary non citizen

Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Kemp stepping up to mitigate Bottoms failures in the city of Atlanta.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...j0zkkoO9GLNPL/
Ge needs to step up a mitigate this COVID crisis .

Where was a man was shot in Brusnwick jogging and two DAs didnt send out arrest warrants?Kemp is no better than TRump and panders to his gun totting racist base. He was a terrible Sec of State and a worse Governor

Old 07-07-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Yes, her and the DA's actions played a strong role. The cops eased up their enforcement and stuff hit the fan.
Sounds like cops failed the city not KLM or at the very least both did.
This is not the way to gain public trust that was already low. Especially in higher crime areas.
If i call the police in a scary situation and they dont show up.I would not fewl great about calling them agian. Id get my own gun and be another part of a problem that will just get bigger with more people feeling the need that government cannot protect them as well

Old 07-08-2020, 05:00 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
Sounds like cops failed the city not KLM or at the very least both did.
This is not the way to gain public trust that was already low. Especially in higher crime areas.
If i call the police in a scary situation and they dont show up.I would not fewl great about calling them agian. Id get my own gun and be another part of a problem that will just get bigger with more people feeling the need that government cannot protect them as well
Pretty much. The cops are proving exactly why we don't trust them. All over the country these dudes are quitting over not being able to abuse black people and you STILL have folks that are willing to make xcuses for them no matter what. Those too, are the people that I don't want around me.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:34 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
So crime spiked one weekend after one of the longest, worst riots in US history and she needs to be fired or resign because she hasnt moved fast enough to reorganize a police department with a bad culture a 100 years at least in the making?This is ridiculous.

This is a problem in many major cities and I think she was trying to fic the problem when she gave the highest raise to police offers in APD history.
Ive brought this up several times but obviously it means nothing as some of you just want to keep on laying all the blame on her as if she hasnt or isnt being doing anything.SHE DIDNT WAIT!

Bottom line is in every incident in which police have had the best relations with mayors usually involves a pay raise.
Considering this was done last year,I think those police that didnt sit out should be given something monetarily as an incentive to not catch "the blue flu".
Im a retired Airman and it would be unheard of if this type of something were to happen among the ranks based on something they didnt like by their commanding officer.
If you read what I said carefully you’ll note I said she needs to be held accountable and to fix it or step aside.

When you immediately fire police, force out your highly-regarded chief, call one of your police a murderer (without the benefit of a trial first), support the DA’s ridiculous laundry list of charges and decry violence without taking firm action I don’t think she’s doing anything worthy of leadership. She’s pandering to the mob.

Morale decreases in the police (in her words, 10x lower) are on her. This has nothing to do with pay. It has to do with standing behind your police force.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:44 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times
Quote:

This has been going on for over a month now. You might want to sit this conversation out if you don't even know what has been happening. I can assure you the APD doesn't care about raises right now. They are miserable. If you don't believe me ask one. Even the Mayor admits APD morale is at an all time low.

Last edited by ronricks; 07-08-2020 at 06:23 AM..

Old 07-08-2020, 05:55 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times
Quote:
Ge needs to step up a mitigate this COVID crisis .

Where was a man was shot in Brusnwick jogging and two DAs didnt send out arrest warrants?Kemp is no better than TRump and panders to his gun totting racist base. He was a terrible Sec of State and a worse Governor

Mayor Bottoms is that you?

We just had an 8 year old murdered and you are worried about COVID? From May 31 to June 20 we had 75 people shot in Atlanta and 11 killed. That is double the previous year. Just over the holiday weekend there were 31 more shootings and 5 dead. But this has just been going on a week right? Violence is off the chain in Atlanta and KLB and Paul Howard are directly responsible because of their inept and politically motivated actions. Its time for KLB to suffer the repercussions of her actions that have lead to the shooting deaths of 16 people two of which were essentially children.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:40 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times
95% of violent crime experienced by blacks is at the hands of other blacks, but BLM and left wing media are always crickets over it. This is why BLM is a scam fraud to me and not about black lives at all. It's a left wing political power organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta