Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 11:35 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The former Houston’s restaurant across from Lenox Square, one of the most prized development sites in ritzy Buckhead, has sold to a developer that intends to turn the property into a dense, high-rise project.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...L7gKYsORZhD9SQ

As someone who works nearby, this is great! I've often wondered why East Paces Ferry was such low density. Now if someone would just buy the old Firestone and vacant lot just north of Wright Ave, this street could become as dense and inviting as other parts of Buckhead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 01:28 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...L7gKYsORZhD9SQ

As someone who works nearby, this is great! I've often wondered why East Paces Ferry was such low density. Now if someone would just buy the old Firestone and vacant lot just north of Wright Ave, this street could become as dense and inviting as other parts of Buckhead.
Is that end of East Paces Ferry all that low density? One you get past Houston's, there's Atlanta Plaza, Resurgens Plaza, and then wall to wall apartments all the way to Roxboro.

West of Lenox, you've got the mega mall, and there are some new highrises planned next to 400.

Plus there's the MARTA station and they are giving East Paces the Complete Streets treatment.

Old 08-11-2020, 03:04 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,427,134 times
Would rather have Houstons back. I thought this was a known project and why Houstons was shuttered. ABC running out of material.

Old 08-11-2020, 03:36 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times
I meant Lenox road. Going north from the intersection, you have two suburban restaurants (one about to be a high rise), one office building set back from Lenox rd by a pit (yes, really), then the old Firestone and another empty lot, then the semi-suburban Marriott, then a suburban strip mall, then you get to higher density office buildings. But E Paces really isn't that dense either with a small empty lot behind Houston's, the MARTA plaza which is desperately screaming for an air rights development, the pedestrian-unfriendly Resurgens building, then MARTA's surface lot. West of Lenox isn't much better, with the small surface lots of Lenox mall and the rest of the MARTA station. The Hotel there between E Paces and the mall will help a little.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:19 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,519,582 times
Houston's went out in Nashville too. Still in Memphis.

Need more of them. I've had people tell me their ribs were the best they ever had.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:40 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I meant Lenox road. Going north from the intersection, you have two suburban restaurants (one about to be a high rise), one office building set back from Lenox rd by a pit (yes, really), then the old Firestone and another empty lot, then the semi-suburban Marriott, then a suburban strip mall, then you get to higher density office buildings. But E Paces really isn't that dense either with a small empty lot behind Houston's, the MARTA plaza which is desperately screaming for an air rights development, the pedestrian-unfriendly Resurgens building, then MARTA's surface lot. West of Lenox isn't much better, with the small surface lots of Lenox mall and the rest of the MARTA station. The Hotel there between E Paces and the mall will help a little.
Seems like they've already approved some huge highrise between Houston's and the Marriott. Maybe they are waiting on the market to get right.

Re the Firestone, I doubt that owner has much motivation to sell. Just let the money roll in and watch the property value go through the roof.

I remember the Firestone on Peachtree at 11th Street. Now that was handy!

Old 08-11-2020, 05:27 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Would rather have Houstons back. I thought this was a known project and why Houstons was shuttered. ABC running out of material.
They aren't running out of material, this is new. There were rumblings a while back that the new Buckhead Ritz-Carlton was going here. They have decided on a site between 3630 Peachtree and Wieuca Baptist instead.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:00 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
They aren't running out of material, this is new. There were rumblings a while back that the new Buckhead Ritz-Carlton was going here. They have decided on a site between 3630 Peachtree and Wieuca Baptist instead.
Will The Whitley remain The Whitley and they are building an entirely new Ritz-Carlton Buckhead?

Old 08-12-2020, 06:22 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Will The Whitley remain The Whitley and they are building an entirely new Ritz-Carlton Buckhead?
Yes, Sir! The renderings were in the ABC a month or so ago. It's 30 floors, and very sleek and glassy.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:07 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Yes, Sir! The renderings were in the ABC a month or so ago. It's 30 floors, and very sleek and glassy.
Awesome.

I love that Atlanta has always had two Ritz-Carltons...

I'm glad the one in Buckie is coming back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta