Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 PM

356 posts, read 316,719 times

Advertisements

You might like East Hampton. Has the kid and family amenities you’re seeking. Very convenient location. Also less than 10 min to Canton Street in Roswell. Top end of your price range. Best schools.

By the way, definitely check out Canton Street in Roswell. Similar but different from Marietta square. I like both, but go to Canton Street much more often from
East Cobb (10 min vs 20-25 min).

Jackson’s Creek might suit you in the 500s to 600s if you like colonial style. Over 200 homes and a lake. Best schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 07:41 PM

356 posts, read 316,719 times
One more thought, check out the Roswell river walk. Boardwalk along the river near Cobb county and Fulton county line. We can walk to it and it’s pretty great for family walks. Might be something you’d value being close to.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:24 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,086 times
Just looked it up... yup been there, nice place, just forgot the name of the street.

Thanks for the heads up to those other places, East Hampton in Roswell I think.

We knocked out Roswell and Alpharetta in favor of Milton.. need more open space which we are used to here in Charleston... but appreciate some of the places there and Milton being close to those areas.

But will look into Jackson's Creek, Marietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2atl View Post
One more thought, check out the Roswell river walk. Boardwalk along the river near Cobb county and Fulton county line. We can walk to it and it’s pretty great for family walks. Might be something you’d value being close to.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:49 AM

FYI

Here is my city-date posting for Alpharetta/Milton area

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atla...area-over.html

Old 08-15-2020, 01:44 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
Michael, this one might be up your alley. Toll Brothers is building a large community in Milton called Blue Valley that has 230 homes. It will be a swim/tennis hood and is in the Northwestern MS/Milton HS cluster.

https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-...ia/Blue-Valley
Blue Valley is pretty much built out, their next community is Milton Overlook (which is right over the border in Cherokee County). What doesn't thrill me about BV is that there is very little landscaping for most of the lots - I don't know what was there before, but in other communities they're leaving more trees where possible.

It was built by Sharp Construction who was just bought out by Toll Brothers.

In my Milton community the houses have been selling like crazy, but they are above the OP's price point - usually in the $800's to $1M range.

Personally if I was commuting to McKesson on Windward I wouldn't pick East Cobb. Milton would be a better choice.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:24 PM

Thanks for another chime in MJ68 !

Just saw BV is gated........... no thank you.... now plus no landscaping.. you saved us a trip there
Knocked out Crooked Creek for that.
Well C.C. also was very bland and talk about landscaping etc... there isnt any.
Giving up palm trees here at the house for Atlanta......... but to go to no trees, no thank you
With regard to commuting, McKesson now said don't come back till easily Jan 2021 and with Google saying Juny 2021 others will follow suit. Plus turns out, Mrs hardly has to go in once they are up and running anyway, perhaps 1 day, 2 days max, she will commute it for Cobb if we decide.
Cobb holds that school tax exemption.. hard to pass up
Open Cherokee Cty as well as in Woodstock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Blue Valley is pretty much built out, their next community is Milton Overlook (which is right over the border in Cherokee County). What doesn't thrill me about BV is that there is very little landscaping for most of the lots - I don't know what was there before, but in other communities they're leaving more trees where possible.

It was built by Sharp Construction who was just bought out by Toll Brothers.

In my Milton community the houses have been selling like crazy, but they are above the OP's price point - usually in the $800's to $1M range.

Personally if I was commuting to McKesson on Windward I wouldn't pick East Cobb. Milton would be a better choice.

Old 08-15-2020, 04:21 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Thanks for another chime in MJ68 !

Just saw BV is gated........... no thank you.... now plus no landscaping.. you saved us a trip there
Knocked out Crooked Creek for that.
Well C.C. also was very bland and talk about landscaping etc... there isnt any.
Giving up palm trees here at the house for Atlanta......... but to go to no trees, no thank you
With regard to commuting, McKesson now said don't come back till easily Jan 2021 and with Google saying Juny 2021 others will follow suit. Plus turns out, Mrs hardly has to go in once they are up and running anyway, perhaps 1 day, 2 days max, she will commute it for Cobb if we decide.
Cobb holds that school tax exemption.. hard to pass up
Open Cherokee Cty as well as in Woodstock.
Why no desire for gated? Given some of the petty crime I've been seeing in my Ring alerts I prefer some level of access control. At least keeps riffraff out.

Old 08-15-2020, 04:47 PM

If it keeps the riff raff out......... how do I get in ?

Just funnin'

Just can't go that way......... if a place needs a gate.......... ain't my area

We actually have 1 gated neighborhood here where we are...... among the 100 that aren't gated and that 1 gated neighborhood is right next to mine........... our neighborhood homes range from 400K to 1M+
Some Northernors want gates, feel more secure.
Homes that have alarm systems put in their home here......... usually moved from the north.
Yes I am a Northerner ...... but doesn't fit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Why no desire for gated? Given some of the petty crime I've been seeing in my Ring alerts I prefer some level of access control. At least keeps riffraff out.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:56 PM

1,150 posts, read 614,003 times
East Cobb, Roswell, Milton and Alpharetta are all strong options. I would be less inclined to look in Smyrna, or Powder Springs.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:50 PM

Thanks for input.

Toured a lil bit of East Cobb... around Walton HS... a bit old for us.
Have to look for other areas.
Tomorrow Kennesaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
East Cobb, Roswell, Milton and Alpharetta are all strong options. I would be less inclined to look in Smyrna, or Powder Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta