Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 12:08 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,151,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
MJ68, thanks as always for chiming in. To reply, I prefer public school, as I call it, The Real World. But thinking about it, I am open. Continue with your thoughts please, but school is not an issue I will PM you.
The reason I was thinking depends on schools - if you’re ITP (inside the Perimeter) your kids would go to Atlanta Public Schools. If you lived in Buckhead there are truly excellent private schools - but they are competitive and expensive. So it would be convenient if you lived there, kids went to school there, and your wife had a short commute.

Otherwise I’d still consider somewhere closer to East Cobb for the schools and space, even though your wife would have a bit of a commute. I’m sure others will have more specifics around Vinings but from what little I’ve seen it’s nice.

You won’t likely get as much land or house for the $ as you would in Milton though but I’m sure you already know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 01:01 PM

3,714 posts, read 3,656,210 times
Smyrna is where all the East Cobb families moved from. As in, its where young couples buying their first house live because they don't want to be too far from the city. But once they have kids, the schools in Smyrna become a factor and they move to the East Cobb's of the metro. Smyrna has good city access, but bad schools.

Vinings is nice, but it's basically a small, "old-money" enclave of mansions. Steve Harvey just bought a 17 millon dollar house there. There seems to be very few homes that come for sale there, and most are very expensive. It's sort of a more rural extension of Buckhead.

Brookhaven has passable (not awesome) schools. It is also a place that young families without kids live in. It's nice, but houses will be sub 2K sqft, but as expensive as Alpharetta.

I'm certainly not here to convince you on East Cobb if you tried and didn't like, but I think for most people that would be a logical nice area with good schools for someone commuting to Vinings. Woodstock and Kennesaw are also both options, and they are a good value, just be mindful of how far from the interstate you start to get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta