Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:20 AM

6 posts, read 37,824 times

Advertisements

Actually, I know a "tawana" and the original post may not be fake. I work for a company that occasionally hires temps from Kelly Services and other temp agencies. In December, we got a temp named Chiquitha to fill in for a couple of weeks as a receptionist.

There is a computer at that desk. Though it was not necessary for her to use it for her job - she asked if she could use the computer to access the internet while she was not busy. Sure. Well, Chiquitha was on chat forums doing the exact same thing as this person....she was trying to find information on how to get her food stamps back. (She actually told me this when I asked her if she was researching something in particular). She said that she was supposed to sign some 're-enrollment' agreement in order for her food stamps to continue and that she had lost the paper and did not turn it in on time...so had lost her benefits.

She said she had to go to a temp agency to get a job 'temporarily' until she was able to get her food stamps back and that this was the only reason that she was working. She was posting questions on Craigslist in the strictly platonic section (and other forums) trying to get a food stamp 'hook up' to avoid having to wait 60 or 90 days to get back into the system.

Long story short - we had a flat screen tv disappear from the conference room. Security cameras revealed Chiquitha and a male accomplice returning to the office and taking it after hours (she had a key as the receptionist usually arrives before anyone else). Upon further investigation it was found that this person had 2 theft of property first degree felonies and that the temp agency never ran a background check on her.

Even though the OPs story sounds a little far fetched, I would not bank on it being a 'fake' post.

To Pless: If you figured the poster wasn't real, then why did you post the replies that you did - defending her to the death...even sharing your own welfare story?

To Trianrida: Unless you are the OP posting under 2 different names, then you have no way of knowing if the OP is fake or not.

There are lots of folks out there who are savy at beating the system and know how to do their research. I also saw the OPs post when it was first posted and it did not include any information about her being a secretary with Northwest airlines. That part of her post was only added after the first fiery response.

If this person is a hoax, they seem to know a whole lot about various types of welfare benefits. I think that there are too many specifics in that post (regarding welfare benefits that I have never heard of) for it to be fake. Fake or not, this is an interesting thread and I'm sure that there is at least 1 slacker who will read it and learn how people really feel about folks who bilk the system. There are lots of unproductive citizens who feel that they are entitled to benefits and abuse its purpose. Instead of using it as a temporary situation, they remain on it for life and then their fatherless children grow up only to repeat the cycle. Sad.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:31 AM

513 posts, read 1,631,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPat View Post
There are lots of folks out there who are savy at beating the system and know how to do their research.
This is probably the part of welfare that most of get mad about. I have no idea if the OP is a joke or not, but the attitude of deserving something is a little frustrating to people who'd do everything possible not to use welfare. I'm glad it's available for those who truly need it, though.

My wife came to this country six years ago and helped translate at some medical facilities around the city. She was shocked by how many people on welfare pulled up in fancy cars and didn't seem to lack for much. Conversations peppered with activities they were going to do and things they were going to buy all the while playing the system. Pretty sad.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
There's a similar post in the GA forum with 0 response.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawana404 View Post
I've decided to move may 15 to Clayton.
Great choice.

I think this thread just "jumped the shark".

Last edited by JPD; 05-01-2008 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-01-2008, 05:06 PM

46 posts, read 232,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Not you km08, the OP.

During the last election I visited a forum that was beseiged with trolls and verbal warfare ensued. It's about that time again.

FWIW, I share many of your views.
Okay...no problem. My apologies for misreading your post.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Default Closing this thread.

This thread is beyond repair, veered off topic in many ways, violated so many TOS rules.....
We also don't need to discuss trolls on here, because THAT'S exactly what they thrive on.
Thread closed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: