Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times

Advertisements

IMO - Twelve was okay. Trois was better. 1180 may not be appropriate for unruly children.

I have these suggestions:

One Midtown Kitchen
South City Kitchen
Shout in Colony Square
Spice Market also in Colony Square (although I have read mixed reviews)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
1180 may not be appropriate for unruly children.
Is anywhere? I'm sorry, but I am beyond over this...indulgent parents bringing their little darlings into high-priced restaurants. I didn't come in there and pay $50 a head to watch your progeny act out. I see it over and over. Leave them at home.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Is anywhere? I'm sorry, but I am beyond over this...indulgent parents bringing their little darlings into high-priced restaurants. I didn't come in there and pay $50 a head to watch your progeny act out. I see it over and over. Leave them at home.
I do not recall the OP saying that she needed an expensive lunch for her group. And yes, there are places that are tolerant of kids... that is what the OP was asking. I also agree with you that there are some nice places not appropriate for children.

I digress..... I am just so frustrated with people on this board (and I am not referring to you or really this thread in particular) talking about how kids need to be left at home for trips to the grocery store, any meal out, etc. We have three little ones under the age of 4, and quite honestly if I waited until all 3 of them were perfectly happy and content to run my errands, nothing would ever get done. Having said that, sometimes one of them will melt down so badly that we have to abort our shopping outing in the middle of it. When we dine-out with our kids, we stick to Moe's, fast food, or Chili's (if we are feeling really adventurous).... places condusive to a quick exit and noise (just for the record, we do not allow our kids to scream, reach over our booth, throw things on the floor). I also have to say that it is not any fun for the parents of the kids acting up either.... not only are they listening to the screaming, but they have to attempt to finish the errand, calm the kids down, etc. Believe it or not, it is quite stressful to have the "kid acting out". I just ask that next time you see a screaming kid to realize that it may have taken that parent a whole heck of a lot to even get out the door! Just to clarify, that does mean that you need to accept it either... sometimes a kid (and I guess our perception is skewed because we have 3 toddlers/infants) acting out is not what it seems to the casual observer.

Last edited by kagmypts; 04-30-2008 at 07:26 PM..

Old 04-30-2008, 06:58 PM

10 posts, read 47,370 times
Smile restaurants

Those actually sound pretty fancy if you have kids with you (esp. "Table" at the High). I live near there and like Rosa Mexicana in Atlantic Station. It's nice for the adults, but they do some cool stuff like make your own guac at the table that the kids would enjoy.

I would also suggest Pasta Figo at Howell Mill and Huff Road (not very far from Atlantic station at all). That is a great place with fresh pasta (choose your pasta, choose your sauce).

Enjoy!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
I do not recall the OP saying that she needed an expensive lunch for her group. And yes, there are places that are tolerant of kids... that is what the OP was asking. I also agree with you that there are some nice places not appropriate for children.

I digress..... I am just so frustrated with people on this board (and I am not referring to you or really this thread in particular) talking about how kids need to be left at home for trips to the grocery store, any meal out, etc. We have three little ones under the age of 4, and quite honestly if I waited until all 3 of them were perfectly happy and content to run my errands, nothing would ever get done. Having said that, sometimes one of them will melt down so badly that we have to abort our shopping outing in the middle of it. When we dine-out with our kids, we stick to Moe's, fast food, or Chili's (if we are feeling really adventurous).... places condusive to a quick exit and noise (just for the record, we do not allow our kids to scream, reach over our booth, throw things on the floor). I also have to say that it is not any fun for the parents of the kids acting up either.... not only are they listening to the screaming, but they have to attempt to finish the errand, calm the kids down, etc. Believe it or not, it is quite stressful to have the "kid acting out". I just ask that next time you see a screaming kid to realize that it may have taken that parent a whole heck of a lot to even get out the door! Just to clarify, that does mean that you need to accept it either... sometimes a kid (and I guess out perception is skewed because we have 3 toddlers/infants) acting out is not what it seems to the casual observer.
I think that we're talking about two different subjects and are not in disagreement at all...you sound like a responsible parent. I'm not talking about parents out on errands or trying to live their lives with their children in tow. But eating out for most people is a time when they are paying good money to have a relaxing social experience, and I don't think I'm alone in my feelings when I assert that some parents simply don't 'respect the boundaries' when they bring their tired and very cranky kids into an adult restaurant and refuse to remove them when they act out.
Case in point: the other night my group was walking towards Teds' Montana Grill in Decatur when a couple walking in before us carrying a baby and toddler that was rigid with rage went right into the restaurant without a second thought about the scene they were causing...we just looked at other and moved on to the next restaurant. Not an isolated incident, either.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,660,509 times
Actually, I think I caused confusion (maybe cause I am confused myself -- to much company in to short of a time syndrome).

Table 1820 is far fancier than what I need... I know the Mexican place in Atlantic Station. Casual is fine -- just not ketchup on the table kind of places please!

thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I think that we're talking about two different subjects and are not in disagreement at all...you sound like a responsible parent. I'm not talking about parents out on errands or trying to live their lives with their children in tow. But eating out for most people is a time when they are paying good money to have a relaxing social experience, and I don't think I'm alone in my feelings when I assert that some parents simply don't 'respect the boundaries' when they bring their tired and very cranky kids into an adult restaurant and refuse to remove them when they act out.
Case in point: the other night my group was walking towards Teds' Montana Grill in Decatur when a couple walking in before us carrying a baby and toddler that was rigid with rage went right into the restaurant without a second thought about the scene they were causing...we just looked at other and moved on to the next restaurant. Not an isolated incident, either.
I agree with you for sure on that point! When my husband and I actually splurge on a nice dinner for ourselves, the last thing that we want is screaming kids! We left ours at home for a reason! In general, I think that most people need to recogonize the difference between a screaming kid at the check-out line in Publix and an out of control toddler at a place like Chop's. Parents should be held accountable for the actions of their young kids and be responsible for their behavior, but there are times and places when kids are just going to act out (which is why parents need to show restraint in places where they bring their kids). I apologize for threadjacking, and I will stop now. It is just that I have read so many posts on this forum lately about people being completely intolerant of any kid acting out anywhere.. it happens to all kids, even the best of them!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
How about JCT Kitchen?
JCT Kitchen & Bar - Classic neighbhorhood Bistro with autentic Southern Style
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: