Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 02:56 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
National developer Fairfield Residential closed on a property in recent weeks at 125 Milton Avenue where 320 apartments are planned, the company’s vice president of development, Marc Brambrut, tells Curbed Atlanta.

The venture is expected to break ground in the second quarter of 2020 and deliver the first phase about 18 months later, Brambrut says. A small commercial component is planned to overlook the Beltline corridor, though the design process is ongoing.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/8/19...xO8e4-bwjc****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 03:44 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Interesting that the rendering appears to show 100% white folks living there. But maybe that is how they envision it.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:56 PM

104 posts, read 61,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Interesting that the rendering appears to show 100% white folks living there. But maybe that is how they envision it.

Par for the course. They go full mask off in a lot of these renderings. This building is also ugly as hell...a slice of Charlotte in Atlanta but I bet the units are dirt cheap to build because of that.

This is not the first apartment complex/condo on the Southside Trail between Boulevard and Metropolitan and I doubt it will be the last. There is tons of undeveloped land along there still.

I do hope we will get a little more than high density housing along here. I know they are extending that park/fields up to the Beltline near Boulevard to look similar to O4W Park. Some restaurants and bars as well would be great.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:27 PM

340 posts, read 321,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLUTD View Post
Par for the course. They go full mask off in a lot of these renderings. This building is also ugly as hell...a slice of Charlotte in Atlanta but I bet the units are dirt cheap to build because of that.

This is not the first apartment complex/condo on the Southside Trail between Boulevard and Metropolitan and I doubt it will be the last. There is tons of undeveloped land along there still.

I do hope we will get a little more than high density housing along here. I know they are extending that park/fields up to the Beltline near Boulevard to look similar to O4W Park. Some restaurants and bars as well would be great.
I would agree. They'll also probably use some cheap materials. Also, just try to stop dragging Charlotte. While they might have some less than stunning architecture (so do we) they also have some gorgeous modern buildings that we wouldn't complain about if we had them in the ATL.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 PM

104 posts, read 61,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
I would agree. They'll also probably use some cheap materials. Also, just try to stop dragging Charlotte. While they might have some less than stunning architecture (so do we) they also have some gorgeous modern buildings that we wouldn't complain about if we had them in the ATL.
I'm definitely not an expert on Charlotte but I have seen the gentrified bits and ... it ain't pretty. The city lacks character to me (pretty skyline though). Plaza-Midwood is sweet. We definitely have areas that look very much like copy-pasted versions of the building in the initial post -- Old 4th Ward, Lindbergh, Buckhead, Chamblee/Brookhaven -- looking at you.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:54 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
I just want to know why the blazes "It could be years before the entire 4.5-mile Southside Trial is open!" Bridges and lighting aren't necessarily easy, but it's a strip of concrete on an old railroad, there shouldn't be many challenges there.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I just want to know why the blazes "It could be years before the entire 4.5-mile Southside Trial is open!" Bridges and lighting aren't necessarily easy, but it's a strip of concrete on an old railroad, there shouldn't be many challenges there.
The bridges that carry a concrete trail over streets isn't important?

Old 08-20-2019, 07:16 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Probably the same picture they use for Minneapolis and Seattle.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:17 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
I've wondered that myself. How long does it take to build a sidewalk when you already own the land?

Whose pockets are being filled first before the concrete vendor?

Old 08-20-2019, 07:20 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Sounds about right, although the original Eastside trail looks to have taken only just over a year, but half the length.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta