Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 AM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 994,926 times

Advertisements

Went downtown last night with a couple of friends looking to see if we could get into the Philips on the cheap. No could do. Fair-weather Hawks fans were snapping up over-priced tix right and left. Good to see, though. I've been to a few Hawks games where I swear there were less than 1000 in attendance.

Nonetheless, we eventually wended our way to a great little sports bar called Stats. Not more than a couple of blocks down the hill from the CNN Center. Sat outside, rooftop seating, WONDERFUL weather, smooth libations, nice views of the cityscape, fans buzzing about, while watching the game on very large HD plasma TVs. FAN-TASTIC!

GREAT WIN! It's hard to believe our never-say-die Hawks have forced a freakin' Game 7!! . You should have seen the looks in the Celtics eyes. They're scared, folks. Now, I won't say that the Hawks are gonna win this thing, BUT...they've certainly shown up on the NBA's national radar screen. Good to see. This town needed that type of shot in the arm. Saw some guys with "Hawks are gonna shock the world!" t-shirts on. It was altogether a darned cool experience to be part of down there.

Oh, and after the game, we almost...ALMOST stopped into the Northside Tavern for some cool licks. Actually, I'm kicking myself that we didn't. Here that THAT's the blues happenin' place in town.

Oh, yeah, also heard about an "extremely" hole-in-the-wall, greasy spoon type of place called Carvers Grocery. Ever heard of it? Was told that judges and plumbers, alike, frequent the place. GREAT meat and three sides type of a place to drop by for lunch.

Anyhoo, again, we had a GREAT time dawntown last night. The city was buzzing and, come to think of it, so was I.

GO HAWKS !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 01:39 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,654,055 times
Yeah man, I agree that Atlanta needs this because those who bash our city just don't get it. I think Atlanta is a "show us what ya got" type of city; do something and you'll get our money and you know what'll happen if you don't produce. I am already proud of the young Hawks and I want them to win on Sunday.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 994,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
Yeah man, I agree that Atlanta needs this because those who bash our city just don't get it. I think Atlanta is a "show us what ya got" type of city; do something and you'll get our money and you know what'll happen if you don't produce. I am already proud of the young Hawks and I want them to win on Sunday.

If they do happen to win tomorrow, then I'm figuring out a way to go to one of the home games in the next series......no ifs, ands, or buts.

I wonder whch day's they'd be playing here? Have the dates been set for the next round as of yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta