Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:06 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times

Advertisements

Things are not like in South Florida. The Haitian and Jamaican communities are not like here (south Florida) or in NYC. Things are a bit scattered. I've been going to GA a lot in the last three years, and everytime I go there, some new Jamaican or Haitian restaurant/bakery pops up. They're out there. There is or was a Haitian bakery on Memorial Hwy (Stone Mountain area). (Local, please) Correct me if I'm wrong. There are few Jamaican restaurants there as well. Ask friends and family, or co-workers who might be open minded to Caribbean and/or African culture.
I just checked Google..., and here are a few I found. Check them out, and let us know how things work out for you. (Dont be affraid to check good ole Google.)
Chateau Creole

Caribe Cafe

SUNSHINE BAKERY & RESTAURANT

Bistro Creole Restaurant

Haitian Events Posters - ATLANTA ZIP compa live in QUISQUEYA @ QUISQUEYA Restaurant, Georgia

Atlanta - Haitians in America - Dynamics of an Evolving Community

This one's in Marietta.
CARIBE CAFE Restaurant | Haiti Yellow Pages

JP Chicken Haitian Cuisine - Riverdale, GA, 30274 - Citysearch

Let me know how your experience is going so far. I'm planning to move there in 2009. I've been working on this for a while. If you can PM me, feel free to do so. Hope all works out for you. Best of luck.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:10 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times
Check this out. It's a PDF file. It has some interesting information you may already know or not know, but there are some addresses at the bottom for more information. Basically stats of Haitians in ATL/Ga area. Hope this helps.

http://www.atlantaregional.com/documents/GAWSnapshot_Haiti_Web.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-22-2008, 06:56 AM

162 posts, read 683,721 times
Most caribbean cultures have an association here metro Atlanta. I would suggest you try looking up Haitian American Association or something similar. My spouse is Barbadian (Barbados) and they have their associations. Good luck.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM

3 posts, read 40,718 times
We are pleased to welcome you to the Haitian American Community in Greater Kansas City MO area, with Glory House Services. The information you heard to the community, was very important to our team. We want you know as much as possible about the Haitian Community's and the goals and objectives set forth by out mission statement.Our goal is to be the premier is to equip, family, community for the rebuilding of their lives from the streets. As you know Glory House Services here at this location to help the Haitians who are not fluent English. Along with other GHS volunteers make Haitians Community in Greater Kansas City or in Heart in Kansas City a fun and happy neighborhood to be in. Next year, we are planned this place will be beautiful and a place to adults , kids and youths to learn and have more access just one block off I-70 and 23 rd street in Kansas City Missouri. If someone you know would be willing to donate computers or lap top for the staff and boards members that would be nice for the Haitian Community in Greater KC Mo area.Glory House Services (GHS) ministers and engages to the community to save people lives in the neighborhood., English Second Language , Computers, Job Training, After School Programs, Job skills.Rockhurst University -ESL Training, the ESL class benefits from Rockhust University students to provide instructors for all ESL class for the clients, and soon will have a citizenship class for those who will be United States citizens. The instructors truly help the clients to learn to speak, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and American life skills to the clients.Our service at Glory House Services is to train the Haitians community and make them aware of all the services they have available and teach to embrace the "American Dream". GHS is to train people for a better job, offer a variety of classes, to teach computer skills and serve for the members of the community, and other services agent.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM

Default Haitian American community in Kansas City

Our service at Glory House Services is to train the Haitians community and make them aware of all the services they have available and teach to embrace the "American Dream". GHS is to train people for a better job, offer a variety of classes, to teach computer skills and serve for the members of the community, and other services agent.

To accomplish this goal, I start working at Children's Mercy Hospital as a volunteer and learn to develop a sense of unity among the Misourian. The computer center is there to help the folks after school to come when they are not in school, it will be there for everyone, said my staff trainers

Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 AM

4 posts, read 54,537 times
Hi Again KC MO,We are pleased to welcome Altema Mackly in Kansas City area. A native Haitian, but Arizonian, the Haitian American Community in Greater Kansas City MO area, welcome him with Glory House Services. The information he heard to the community, was very important to our team. We want him know as much as possible about the Haitian Community's and the goals and objectives set forth by out mission statement.Our goal is to be the premier is to equip, family, community for the rebuilding of their lives from the streets. As you know Glory House Services here at this location to help the Haitians who are not fluent English. Along with other GHS volunteers make Haitians Community in Greater Kansas City or in Heart in Kansas City a fun and happy neighborhood to be in. Next year, we are planned this place will be beautiful and a place to adults , kids and youths to learn and have more access just one block off I-70 and 23 rd street in Kansas City Missouri. Haitian Center in Mid West Locate4305 E 24 thKansas City, MO 64127Rockhurst University -ESL Training, the ESL class benefits from Rockhust University students to provide instructors for all ESL class for the clients, and soon will have a citizenship class for those who will be United States citizens. The instructors truly help the clients to learn to speak, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and American life skills to the clients.madichon@hotmail.com

Old 03-21-2009, 12:08 AM

Default Haitian, Haitian Community in kansas city, Haitian Church, Haitian Association in Mid west, Haitian American, American H

Hi Again KC MO,

We are pleased to welcome Altema Mackly in Kansas City area. A native Haitian, but Arizonian, the Haitian American Community in Greater Kansas City MO area, welcome him with Glory House Services. The information he heard to the community, was very important to our team. We want him know as much as possible about the Haitian Community's and the goals and objectives set forth by out mission statement.
Our goal is to be the premier is to equip, family, community for the rebuilding of their lives from the streets. As you know Glory House Services here at this location to help the Haitians who are not fluent English. Along with other GHS volunteers make Haitians Community in Greater Kansas City or in Heart in Kansas City a fun and happy neighborhood to be in. Next year, we are planned this place will be beautiful and a place to adults , kids and youths to learn and have more access just one block off I-70 and 23 rd street in Kansas City Missouri.

Haitian Center in Mid West Locate
4305 E 24 th
Kansas City, MO 64127

Rockhurst University & Glory House Services -ESL Training, the ESL class benefits from Rockhust University students to provide instructors for all ESL class for the clients, and soon will have a citizenship class for those who will be United States citizens. The instructors truly help the clients to learn to speak, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and American life skills to the clients.
madichon@hotmail.com

Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 AM

Rockhurst University, Haitian Association in Greater KC MO area -ESL Training, the ESL class benefits from Rockhust University students to provide instructors for all ESL class for the clients, and soon will have a citizenship class for those who will be United States citizens. The instructors truly help the clients to learn to speak, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and American life skills to the clients.

Music Directors………………..
Assistant Music………………….Open

Programs Committee:
Preparation for Job
Interpretation ,and Translation
Educational Programs/ Services
Job Application
Job Training English Classes
Food Services
Clothing
Relief Program
Referral Services
School Teaching to the youth
Computer Training
Soccer,and Medical to Haiti, More.
Help us meet the needs of our community by giving your time, effort and a gift.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:23 AM

Default Haitian, Haitian Community in kansas city, Haitian Church, Haitian Association in Mid west, Haitian American, American H

The computer center is there to help the folks after school to come when they are not in school, it will be there for everyone, said my staff trainers.
Our service at Glory House Services is to train the Haitians community and make them aware of all the services they have available in KC MO area, and teach to embrace the "American Dream". GHS is to train people for a better job, offer a variety of classes, to teach computer skills and serve for the members of the community, and other services agent.

Haitian Association in KC MO
4305 E 24th
KC MO 64127
daltema2002@yahoo.com

Good Luck

Old 03-22-2009, 01:59 AM

ORGANIZATION AND ITS EXPERTISE—
It is the goal of Glory House Services to help the Haitian immigrant population of the greater Kansas City area by acting as a liaison between their clients and the Kansas City social and business communities by offering bilingual support staff through the use of dedicated volunteers. The “English as a Second Language” Program will assure that this goal is met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta