Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 11:25 AM

1,347 posts, read 888,763 times

Advertisements

Dacula and Grayson are still relatively cheap but Suwanee prices are increasing rapidly. Suwanee near North Gwinnett High School you see prices increasing a lot because of demand. Suwanee near Collins Hill High School not as much.

I have a friend who bought new construction near North Gwinnett High School. When she bought the house the starting price was $400,000 for her model. Several months later, they increased the starting price to $420,000 for her model with the other available models having similar increases and all the lots sold out fast. My father's home value around the area increased quite a bit as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM

7,574 posts, read 10,705,589 times
I'm a bit perplexed by this thread.

The age, housing stock, and prices are similar in these cities. All are known for having cheaper housing stock.

Atlanta is a much bigger city and I would note we have more housing stock in areas 15-20 miles out of town and more aggregate total housing stock due to size.

We do have more of a situation where you can't live anywhere and then work anywhere in our region, so housing costs do rise and fall a bit based on what your commute would be a bit more than a smaller metro.

The other aspect to the OP was house size. I highly recommend you link that to the year a property was built. Houses got big in the late '90s through about 2010 and have since come down to size a small bit. In any of these regions, you will find larger houses in areas that were predominately built in those periods. Whereas if you look in an area mostly built in the 70s or 80s, you'll find small units and even smaller if it was '40s-50s era housing. If you look in areas with mostly infill housing being built, you will find a combination of smaller properties or expensive larger properties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta