Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2020, 07:19 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,380,481 times

Advertisements

Mary Norwood, the former Atlanta City Council member who narrowly lost the 2017 mayoral election to Keisha Lance Bottoms, is not ruling out another run for a city office in 2021.

Norwood spoke to the Buckhead Business Association, where she noted the importance of those 2021 elections, when the Mayor’s Office and City Council seats will be on the ballot. She also touted her organization’s recent work on street racing and other public safety issues, and gave her take on “inequity” in the city..."

https://www.reporternewspapers.net/2...afety-efforts/

SOURCE: Reporter Newspapers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 10:02 AM

859 posts, read 2,120,300 times
I know it's waaay too early and things can change by next summer but considering Norwood has come close to winning twice and with the city proper continuing to increase its white population I think she has a good shot of becoming mayor if she in fact decides to run. Last go around early on my top picks were Hall, Mitchell then Norwood before her dancing around the issue of whether or not she supported Trump. Now that it looks like he's going to lose we'll see if she retains any of the Trump rhetoric of "law and order" when appealing to voters. I support KLB and I hope she gets re-elected, but with the perception of Atlanta not being safe by some, changes within and the morale of APD along with demographic shifts it's going to be a tough race. As I said things can change by next summer. If by this time next year there is a vaccine, people are getting back to work, the cloud of Trumpism dissipates, and overall morale of the country is better I think KLB ekes out a win.

Sidenote- it would be interesting if four years from now Atlanta had a white right leaning mayor yet the state turns blue. GA possibly turning blue this go around is more voting against Trump than voting for Biden. With Trump not on the ballot in 2024 (hopefully) it will be interesting to see if the Dems can keep GA blue in 2024.

Last edited by ATLHRLGUY; 11-06-2020 at 10:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta