Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 12:03 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times

Advertisements

Sad update: the 7 year old girl that was shot with the stray bullet has died.

Old 12-27-2020, 01:35 PM

821 posts, read 725,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Sad update: the 7 year old girl that was shot with the stray bullet has died.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:51 PM

4,377 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Of course there's lots of bad apples that are homegrown, but there is truth that a lot of the criminals are from out of state, since Atlanta is a transplant city. In 2020, they did find a lot of the incidents involved people from other states that had stricter lockdown restrictions. The high profile case involving the shooting of the Chicago based rapper outside of a nightclub was an example. Personally I've always felt that we should have border control and immigration screening for people visiting or moving from other states the same way as ones from other countries. People are so worried about the border wall and immigration, but people can freely move about within the country since all Americans are seen as the same. In my mind, I've always viewed other states as if they are foreign nations.

Switching back to KLB, she's all talk and stated that she's concerned about the rise in violence, but offers no solutions. She's also like "well every other city is having the same problem" as an excuse to just accept and let things be the way and not do anything about it. I was also thinking about the lame speech she made on the night of the George Floyd protests that turned violent, about how her city was like her 17 year old son when he doesn't come home. She's too emotional and reactive, not proactive. I feel like we're back in the pre-1996 Olympics days when there was the negative press about Atlanta having more killings than Sarajevo.
There might be some truth to that theory of out of towners but it's greatly exaggerated. I would actually say it's the opposite. Homegrown people taking advantage of out of towners coming into the city and looking for an easy come up. Even the Chicago based rapper your talking about got killed by a rapper from SAVANNAH not Chicago.

Also that rapper King Von had been living in Atlanta for quite some time now. Him along with another popular Chicago rapper Lil Durk were involved in a attempted murder at Varsity last year.

Now here's where the hypocrisy lies, the same out of towners that they try to portray as boogiemen are the same ones they embrace to represent the city in some shape form or fashion. How do you complain about a Chicago based artist like King Von committing acts of crime but have a big billboard of him in downtown? Why did the city allow that? Why does the city embrace so many rappers who rap about selling drugs to the community and committing acts of crime. I mean city officials plop some of these rappers front and center to pander to the youth of this city. What message are you sending to the youth?

I saw city officials popping up in the Jeezy vs. Gucci Mane battle where Gucci Mane was bragging about killing a man years ago. And people don't understand why these incidents continue to happen? It's some real cognitive dissonance in Atlanta with the affluent Black community and everybody else. That's why it's easy to come up with this "out of town" theory instead of dealing with reality. Cause no way natives would partake in the destruction of the "Black mecca". It's gotta be people who can't appreciate what we've "built". LOL

Old 12-27-2020, 04:26 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's a durn shame to see nice places like Lenox and Phipps going downhill because of a bunch of foolish and unnecessary shooting. Can't folks simply go shopping without opening fire?

They are not there to shop. They are there to be seen, be tough, and maybe rob someone at gunpoint if the opportunity presents itself. That 7yr old story is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. I really want to contribute to the reward.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 12-27-2020 at 05:34 PM..

Old 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
They are not there to shop. They are there to be seen, be tough, and maybe rob someone at gunpoint if the opportunity presents itself. That 7yr old story is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. I really want to contribute to the award.
Spot on.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:50 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,206 times
Quote:
They are not there to shop. They are there to be seen, be tough, and maybe rob someone at gunpoint if the opportunity presents itself. That 7yr old story is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. I really want to contribute to the reward.
It’s Secoriea Turner all over again. I am sure the usual suspects can make up some sort of explanation or excuses and try to place blame elsewhere. It’s beyond time for this to stop.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:38 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times
Quote:
What a terrible way to spend Christmas in an already terrible year. The family was Christmas shopping, not looking for any trouble.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:24 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
Quote:
What a terrible way to spend Christmas in an already terrible year. The family was Christmas shopping, not looking for any trouble.
It is sad, and what will happen is that if it's not brought under control people will start to avoid the area altogether, which will make things worse financially. It'll go into a death spiral.

Given I have Avalon and other places closer to me I rarely went into Lenox anyway but with all this gun violence I have zero plans to go there again.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:39 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
It would be nice if we can eradicate the thug culture of all of Atlanta/Georgia, but that would be almost impossible. Instead we keep having more moving down here (or up if they are from Florida) and they are not checked like immigrants from other nations.
What is thug culture?

Old 12-30-2020, 04:49 PM

290 posts, read 368,705 times
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...DXOPYV46OCPN4/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta