Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 AM

86 posts, read 416,025 times

Advertisements

So what about the areas Douglasville? Lithia Springs? How are those schools and these areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,383 times
I always recommend Candler Park-- we love it there. Our one small block has a new baby, a 1-yr old, three 2-yr olds, two 3-yr olds, a 5-yr old, a 7-yr old , an 8-yr old, a few college-age kids home for the summer, plus a family with a 4-yr old and 2-yr old just started renting next door. People are very friendly-- the community motto is that it brings out the oddity in everyone and it's easy to meet other families in the park-- we've made several good friends there. Several parks are in walking distance, Marta is in walking distance, and a small grocery, coffee shops, and a few inexpensive restaurants are also in walking distance. The public elementary school is one of the better ones in the city. Has gotten quite expensive to buy here in the past few years, since it's walkable (we couldn't afford our house now if we'd waited), but there are still several affordable condos, apartments and rental homes.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 6,627 times
Default East Point unique or next hot spot for super malls?

I am trying to get an idea of East Point and I am getting alot of positive impressions of the place. I read someone said it has the potential to be the next East Atlanta. One major question regarding that: Does it have the community cohesion/desire and planning/political ability to attempt to regulate/direct the reinvestment into the area?

I love EAV and I too think East Point can go in that direction and, indeed has to some extent but then I read about Camp Creek Market and such....any thoughts? Admittedly, I dont know much about the area so any impressions and such to correct my fears would be great!

(essentially, I dont really like the outdoor Disney feel of Decatur and would prefer buying into a place that is going in a more mom and pop feel like EAV)

Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,302 times
Default Douglasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKI View Post
I see a lot of comments here. How are the people in those areas? I mean are they rude? I'm looking at diffrent areas but is Douglasville, Kennesaw, and alpharetta good areas to think about?
I'VE BEEN TO DOUGLASVILLE BACK IN 2005 VISITING FAMLIY FOR TWO WEEKS. IT WAS VERY NICE AND CLEAN.I WOULDN'T MIND LIVING THERE BECAUSE IT WAS VERY LAID BACK. IT'S A PLACE I WOULD SUGGEST TO ANYBODY WHO ARE NOT FROM GEORGIA.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 589 times
I am moving to Georgia in about a month I am looking for a place by atlanta that is affordable also where there jobs at. I have a 16 yr old daughter so it needs to be a safe area but also diverse any suggestions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta