Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,605 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to the area and will be working in Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County. I am a single, 35 year old woman and am looking for an artsy environment and an area that I can walk to restaurants, shops, book stores, etc. I also don't want to be too far from Mid-town and Buckhead.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a good place to live in Gwinnett County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 01:41 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Check out downtown Norcross...I was very impressed with it, visiting it for the first time a couple of months ago...I didn't know anything like existed in Gwinnett.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:15 PM

122 posts, read 346,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Check out downtown Norcross...I was very impressed with it, visiting it for the first time a couple of months ago...I didn't know anything like existed in Gwinnett.
Historic downtown Norcross is nice. Just ate at the Norcross Station Cafe the other week. Used to be the old train depot.
Might be a hike into Lawrenceville every day. I guess Old Norcross Rd would do the job

Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,257,678 times
However, no place in Gwinnett is close to Midtown and Buckhead. The drive is always bad.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:46 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Norcross has some beautiful restored historic homes and a few nice restaurants and shops, however they have had their hands full so to speak with the transitions occurring in the surrounding area. They are restoring the park/baseball field. You could contact the Pinckneyville Community Center and inquire about cultural interest groups.
Gwinnett County Georgia Parks and Recreation Centers

Norcross is very close to Peachtree Corners with an active civic group and an outstanding library. I'm certain there are a number of ways to become involved in the community.
~~
You would probably really like Roswell, GA--nowhere near Norcross, Lawrenceville or Midtown.

Roswell Georgia Convention and Visitors Bureau

I really liked what I saw in Buford.
Visit Historic Buford Georgia

I'm pretty bad with directions particularly in that area. You could find a route from Buford to Lawrenceville--perhaps the infamous Sugarloaf Pkwy. Getting to midtown would not be easy.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-07-2008 at 03:28 PM..

Old 05-11-2008, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,806 times
I have to agree with many that Historic Norcross is probably what you are looking for. I know they have started doing a lot of "new" construction of historic looking homes. the commute to Lawrenceville from there really isn't bad depending on where your going. I did the commute from Peachtree Corners area (Peachtree Forest) to Lawrencevile are (Gwinnett Tech) and it took me 30 minutes at most. Mainly because I was going the opposite way of traffic. Buford Highway to 120 across and then poof, I was there.
Happy hunting.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 AM

167 posts, read 769,189 times
Don't sleep on the newly revitalized Lawrenceville historic square. There are all brick townhomes and condos all within walking distance of the Aurora Theatre (which left Norcross for Lawrenceville), restaurants like Dominicks, Little River Grill, McCrary's Tavern, and great shops like Fleet Feet, a day spa, antique stores, Sparkles jewelry, Sikes Interior Design Store, and more!

You can find more info at WELCOME TO LAWRENCEVILLE, GA

Old 05-13-2008, 07:47 PM

196 posts, read 732,165 times
Downtown Lawrenceville has some new upscale condos about ready for purchase. Very nice

Old 05-13-2008, 07:55 PM

21 posts, read 90,256 times
I have lived in Georgia for a number of years and have not seen downtown Norcross. I would love to go there after reading these posts!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:45 PM

16,682 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Definitely Downtown Norcross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta