Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 06:15 PM

450 posts, read 271,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
A primary reason Microsoft chose Atlanta for its East Coast hub was related to increasing diversity within their workforce. That objective likely still factors into consideration.

That's the kind of thing that's cute to say in a raging bull market fueled by 0% interest rates when you're hiring 40,000 people per year, but then quietly disappears when financial reality starts creeping back. If Microsoft really wants to hire more black people so badly, I'm sure they're capable of recruiting them to their Seattle offices just like they recruit so many white/Asian/Indian people.

Put it in the bank, the fabled Bankhead Microsoft campus won't be there by 2030.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2023, 07:56 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smocaine View Post
That's the kind of thing that's cute to say in a raging bull market fueled by 0% interest rates when you're hiring 40,000 people per year, but then quietly disappears when financial reality starts creeping back. If Microsoft really wants to hire more black people so badly, I'm sure they're capable of recruiting them to their Seattle offices just like they recruit so many white/Asian/Indian people.

Put it in the bank, the fabled Bankhead Microsoft campus won't be there by 2030.
No way I'm putting this in any bank, they are breaking ground this year on phase I. It's never a good thing to bet against Atlanta, you can take that to the reality bank. It never seems to end well for the people who underestimate this place.

Old 01-20-2023, 08:35 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
No way I'm putting this in any bank, they are breaking ground this year on phase I. It's never a good thing to bet against Atlanta, you can take that to the reality bank. It never seems to end well for the people who underestimate this place.
Amen.

Old 01-20-2023, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post

Yeah. And Opus broke ground, what, five years ago? Eight?

Old 01-20-2023, 11:08 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,098,420 times
Quote:
Yes because it isn't like Midtown hasn't built a bunch other mid and high rises last decade.

Quote:

Seattle isn't a popular city amongst African Americans Atlanta has been amongst if not the popular city gaining Africans Americans the last two to 3 decades. Atlanta is also home to the AUC the largest consortium of African-American higher education institutions in the country. Atlanta in general has advantage over most cities because the talent pool Metro Atlanta creates it's one largest higher education center in the country.

Also you really think Microsoft would buy 2 billions dollar of land, have a PR meeting with Atlanta mayor and Georgia governor, and have local meeting with community groups for input. For Microsoft not to be serious?

Then Microsoft stated it's only 5% cuts. That not significant to stop a building of another campus. Microsoft will likely restructure and relocated some professional to Atlanta, and as the market improves expand more.

But my thing to you is......... what is your deal? what makes it so hard for you believe Atlanta can attract tech. Even when tech companies say they have plans for Atlanta you still deny it?

Old 01-20-2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Yes because it isn't like Midtown hasn't built a bunch other mid and high rises last decade.

Seattle isn't a popular city amongst African Americans Atlanta has been amongst if not the popular city gaining Africans Americans the last two to 3 decades. Atlanta is also home to the AUC the largest consortium of African-American higher education institutions in the country. Atlanta in general has advantage over most cities because the talent pool Metro Atlanta creates it's one largest higher education center in the country.

Also you really think Microsoft would buy 2 billions dollar of land, have a PR meeting with Atlanta mayor and Georgia governor, and have local meeting with community groups for input. For Microsoft not to be serious?

Then Microsoft stated it's only 5% cuts. That not significant to stop a building of another campus. Microsoft will likely restructure and relocated some professional to Atlanta, and as the market improves expand more.

But my thing to you is......... what is your deal? what makes it so hard for you believe Atlanta can attract tech. Even when tech companies say they have plans for Atlanta you still deny it?

Yeah, I'm sure that AUC grads are turning down Microsoft job offers in droves because they don't like Seattle's climate.

Old 01-21-2023, 12:19 AM

493 posts, read 290,683 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that AUC grads are turning down Microsoft job offers in droves because they don't like Seattle's climate.
Sure we'll just take your word over Microsoft

Old 01-21-2023, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Says the guy that claims Atlanta has the stature and reputation of Toledo.

Old 01-21-2023, 05:42 AM

Quote:
LOL!!! So a third rate NYC based ponzi scheme of a development company is now Atlanta's fault? Do you not realize how pathetic these pronouncements make you look?

Old 01-21-2023, 06:01 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,235 times
Quote:

I believe Microsoft is dead serious on making the Atlanta campus a reality and increasing their minority workforce. Read their Global Diversity & Inclusion report published in 2022.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/default.aspx

Also, research WOTC and the myriad of tax credits corporations can qualify for under that policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta