Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,426 times

Advertisements

Hi!
My husband and I just moved here and we are looking forward to buy a home in Smyrna. We kind of narrow our search down to two neighborhoods: Hiidden Springs and Reed Place (location anb price range).
Does anyone have any feedback about these two neigborhoods? Are these safe areas to live in Smyrna?
Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 12:40 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dectn View Post
Hi!
My husband and I just moved here and we are looking forward to buy a home in Smyrna. We kind of narrow our search down to two neighborhoods: Hiidden Springs and Reed Place (location anb price range).
Does anyone have any feedback about these two neigborhoods? Are these safe areas to live in Smyrna?
Thanks a lot.
Welcome.

The homes in Hidden Springs were built by McCar Homes (http://www.mccarhomes.com/ - broken link) in 1999.

Reed Place was built by Traton Homes from 1997 to 1998

Watch out for synthetic stucco; and lastly, save money though the details of the transaction.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:40 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times
If those neighborhoods are off Reed Rd, then yes that's a very sought-after part of Smyrna in the Kings Springs area between the sought-after Concord Rd and Cooper Lake Rd areas and that are has been appreciating. The area where Concord Rd meets South Cobb, which isn't too far away, is being improved. There's also a community park with tennis courts called Rhyne Park right near there. The only downside with that area is lack of sidewalks on through roads, and you'll have to drive to get to the silver comet trail.

There's really no part of Smyrna that isn't "safe". There are some lower income neighborhoods bordering Windy Hill and Pat Mell, but definately nothing that's unsafe. It's really all relative, because those "lower income" neighborhoods are actually just affordable housing, which isn't very common in Smyrna.

If you have kids, I'd shoot for homes in Kings Springs, Nickajack, or Teasley Elementary.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 AM

8 posts, read 28,446 times
Default Nickajack elementary

I am house hunting in the Smyrna/Mableton area. I really like Nickajack elementary school in Smyrna. I was looking at homes that have an address in Mableton but are zoned for Nickajack elementary school. Can someone explain this?

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:52 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith9915 View Post
I am house hunting in the Smyrna/Mableton area. I really like Nickajack elementary school in Smyrna. I was looking at homes that have an address in Mableton but are zoned for Nickajack elementary school. Can someone explain this?
The City of Smyrna boundary crosses the E/W Connector and extends south on the east side of Cooper Lake Road for some distance.

One of the main victims/beneficiaries of this is Vinings Estates, but I think there may be other nearby subdivisions in a similar situation. Whether the V.E people requested it to get access to the arguably better Smyrna schools or Smyrna annexed the area to gain some additional tax base is something I'm not sure of, but I suspect others can clarify.

Additional entry: It appears my subdivision (Stoneybrook which is actually *in* Mableton) is also zoned for Nickajack Elementary, so it isn't just City of Smyrna houses. Cool!

Last edited by rcsteiner; 05-20-2008 at 11:34 AM..

Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,537 times
Not sure of your price range(s), but Paces Ferry Park is in the Teasley District (excellent elem. school) and has a bunch of homes for sale. Great neighborhood and very kid friendly.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM

8 posts, read 28,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Not sure of your price range(s), but Paces Ferry Park is in the Teasley District (excellent elem. school) and has a bunch of homes for sale. Great neighborhood and very kid friendly.
I will check it out. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:40 PM

103 posts, read 327,606 times
Smile So happy

I am so happy to hear positive things about Smyrna. I recently rented an apt in the area...the apt complex is called Glen Park right off S. Cobb Drive around the corner from King Springs Elementary. I am also glad to know that there are so many activites going on in the summer for the kids.

I am glad that I was blessed with a great apt in a great area...I cant wait till 6/1/2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta