Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 09:44 AM

1,150 posts, read 615,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I don't doubt pride at all. They're pretty popular elsewhere, I prefer the old one in Virginia Highland with the big front porch. This particular location has never been busy, had crappy unfriendly service and was unbelievably slow. To blame leaving on crime is a cop-out, plane and simple.
Seems like it was a combination of reasons, as I posted earlier.

“The combination of recent restaurant closures in the development, safety challenges in the parking garage, and a recent uptick of crime in Buckhead has made this location no longer safe for our team members.”

Which other restaurants closed?

Old 08-20-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Just like Mossberg wrote in an earlier post, pride. Again, if it was so bad chili's, Longhorn and Pike would be out of there.
Sounds like they left in 2019?

https://whatnowatlanta.com/chilis-li...ptly-shutters/

Old 08-20-2021, 12:04 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
Seems like it was a combination of reasons, as I posted earlier.

“The combination of recent restaurant closures in the development, safety challenges in the parking garage, and a recent uptick of crime in Buckhead has made this location no longer safe for our team members.”

Which other restaurants closed?
Yes, I read their statement. Still not buying it. I had no idea chili's closed 2 years ago. Things were pretty calm over there back then, so they certainly wouldn't have said 'crime.'

Longhorn considers Lindbergh to be their flagship Atlanta store. If things were clearly bad, they would leave - no matter the lease terms.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, I read their statement. Still not buying it. I had no idea chili's closed 2 years ago. Things were pretty calm over there back then, so they certainly wouldn't have said 'crime.'

Longhorn considers Lindbergh to be their flagship Atlanta store. If things were clearly bad, they would leave - no matter the lease terms.
At one point, Longhorn probably was their flagship Atlanta store. But Darden, a public company, isn't going to walk from a long term lease, without justification. Investors would be none to pleased.

Maybe the other factors were key and the crime is what pushed them over the edge.

Buckhead has been pretty active this past week.

https://spotcrime.com/GA/Atlanta/Buckhead

Old 08-20-2021, 12:38 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times
The Transit Oriented Development there has been a total failure. This area has been trending downhill for a long time. Five Guys, Chili's, Hot Stix, Bobby G's, Taco Mac, and Urban Flats have all failed there. The apartments in the back of the development are Section 8 and the parking garage has long had issues with stolen cars, break ins, etc. I believe shortly before the Chili's shuttered a Valet was victim of a car jacking at gun point. The area is a mess and it is no shock these business are failing for whatever reason(s). I believe there was/is a Wet Willies next to the development that had all kinds of issues with violent crime by patrons. It's very unfortunate.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The Transit Oriented Development there has been a total failure. This area has been trending downhill for a long time. Five Guys, Chili's, Hot Stix, Bobby G's, Taco Mac, and Urban Flats have all failed there. The apartments in the back of the development are Section 8 and the parking garage has long had issues with stolen cars, break ins, etc. I believe shortly before the Chili's shuttered a Valet was victim of a car jacking at gun point. The area is a mess and it is no shock these business are failing for whatever reason(s). I believe there was/is a Wet Willies next to the development that had all kinds of issues with violent crime by patrons. It's very unfortunate.
All of THAT makes sense. Now we're getting somewhere.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:12 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times
Quote:

Lot of information out there on this for people who are willing to search for it regarding to how this development failed. Half of the housing around the development failed because of the housing market downturn. It was supposed to be for sale condos and turned into rentals due to foreclosure/repossession by banks. Lot of moving pieces that got this Development to where it is today. I seem to remember it being pretty nice when it first opened. I think most the restaurants were open first and the housing component came second and by that time the market had tanked. I think the current events in Buckhead are the death knell. This has been brewing and getting progressively worse for many years.

https://www.ajc.com/business/condo-l...6n3f2ffpSSMTK/

Old 08-20-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
At one point, Longhorn probably was their flagship Atlanta store. But Darden, a public company, isn't going to walk from a long term lease, without justification. Investors would be none to pleased.

Maybe the other factors were key and the crime is what pushed them over the edge.

Buckhead has been pretty active this past week.

https://spotcrime.com/GA/Atlanta/Buckhead
There's no maybe about it. Longhorn considers Lindbergh to be their flagship for Atlanta. If things were so bad their patrons were in danger, Darden would close up shop and pay off the lease if they had to. Period.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Of course, it's what you were hoping to hear. Now that Mr. Positive has arrived to 'juice' the thread, I'm out.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Of course, it's what you were hoping to hear. Now that Mr. Positive has arrived to 'juice' the thread, I'm out.
Don't like facts, I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta