Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM

58 posts, read 269,781 times

Advertisements

Brookstone subdivision, is it always transient? There seems to be a ton of homes for sale, is this most likely due to the size of the community or the economy? Anyone know if b/c of the size if the pools, etc are overcrowded. II've also searched and they are 44 reg. sex offenders in the area - YIKES. Is this normal for urban areas? Do the homes hold their value? Any other neighborhoods zoned to Ford Elem. that have home under 275K or so? We are being relocated from MS, so any info would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 PM

304 posts, read 1,430,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prtyof4 View Post
Brookstone subdivision, is it always transient? There seems to be a ton of homes for sale, is this most likely due to the size of the community or the economy? Anyone know if b/c of the size if the pools, etc are overcrowded. II've also searched and they are 44 reg. sex offenders in the area - YIKES. Is this normal for urban areas? Do the homes hold their value? Any other neighborhoods zoned to Ford Elem. that have home under 275K or so? We are being relocated from MS, so any info would be great.
44 registered sex offenders in what area? Brookstone? Acworth? Cobb County? I can't imagine there being that many sex offenders in the Brookstone area.

Keep in mind that not all of Brookstone will attend Ford Elementary starting this fall. Pay close attention to attendence maps as posted on CCSD's website if you have your heart set on Ford Elementary only. Some of Ford is being redirected to Pickett's Mill and Frey, while Ford is picking up some neighborhoods from Vaughan.

Waverly will be redistricted to Ford, and they have a few homes within your price range. I believe they have a community pool as well. Hamlet at Fords Lake is another neighborhood; I think they already attend Ford and will stay there.

My kids attend Ford and a lot of the school is made up of kids from Brookstone. I don't live there so I don't have first hand knowledge, but it seems that homes in Brookstone hold their value. I know some parents from Brookstone I expressed concern at the redistricting meetings that their home values might be affected if they were redistricted to Pickett's Mill. Now whether that will really happen or not, I have no idea. I guess the lesson to be learned is to make sure you are happy with the other schools in the area in case you would get redistricted down the road. This part of the county is growing and I wouldn't be surprised if they change boundaries again in the future.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:47 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
From my understanding, Brookstone was one of many subdivisions where illegal cash-back flippers wrecked havoc.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 AM

897 posts, read 2,824,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs fan View Post
I don't live there so I don't have first hand knowledge, but it seems that homes in Brookstone hold their value.
Speaking from experience - even at the top of the real estate market - homes just barely retain their value in Brookstone. This is a very transient community and there are always many, many homes on the For Sale.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,679,870 times
Lived in there for several years. I'd say for the most part, the original people who settled in there didn't start moving out until their kids were out of high school or close to leaving. My father still lives there, but I'd say 80% of the families have moved away that I grew up with. Many times it's been for job relocation, downsizing, etc.

I turn 30 this year and we moved there in 5th grade. One of the first homes at the time, but yeah there's always homes for sale in there. Alot also depends on what section you're looking at.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
The northern part of the mega-subdivision of Brookstone (maybe a fourth or a third of the neighborhood) will attend Pickett's Mill Elementary in August 2008.

Check out the elementary attendance zones on the Cobb County Schools Website:

Cobb County School District Home Page.

Good Luck.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 7,064 times
Smile Brookstone II subdivision

Quote:
[FONT=Arial]Brookstone subdivision, is it always transient? There seems to be a ton of homes for sale, is this most likely due to the size of the community or the economy? Anyone know if b/c of the size if the pools, etc are overcrowded. II've also searched and they are 44 reg. sex offenders in the area - YIKES. Is this normal for urban areas? Do the homes hold their value? Any other neighborhoods zoned to Ford Elem. that have home under 275K or so? We are being relocated from MS, so any info would be great.[/FONT]
We have lived here for over 21 years and love it. Raised two children thatwent to local schools, on to graduate from college. The neighborhood is like living in a forest. Beauftiful old trees, new tennis courts and club house entirely re-done this year. Beautiful pool and play ground for children. Great family neighborhood with a touch of grandparents moving in. Sidewalks, neighbor hood watch group and a fantastic youth swim team.

Not heard of anything about sex offenders however their are over 6 Brookstone communities in the area.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 6,401 times
I just checked the National Sex Offender site & there are actually NO registered sex offenders anywhere near Brookstone. The closest would be New Hope area (which is in a totally different county). Brookstone is a very upscale community with families and older couples who raised their children here. I have been nothing but pleased raising our children here. It is and has been for a long time one of Cobb county's nicest communities and very well known for it's award winning schools like Ford Elementary & Harrison High. These are some of the best public schools in Georgia. This area is beautiful & the people are very family oriented and friendly. The only "transient" people I've seen or heard about were due to job transfers.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,358 times
We have lived in Brookstone for 12 years and have enjoyed living here. It is built in a Country Club golf course --not necessary to join as the golf course is owned by American Golf Corporation. However, you can join the country club if you like --there is another pool and amenities area for 350 a year which is very nice and has a lot of activities and concerts and a lovely pool, tennis courts, etc. There are various areas of Brookstone --I live in Brookstone 1 which has somewhat larger homes than some of the other sections of Brookstone. My children graduated from Cobb County schools and went on to college and graduated. This area has very good public schools. I am not sure about the quality of Paulding County schools...Allatoona High School (Cobb) is the newest and state of the art complex. Harrison is a good school also as well as Kennesaw Mountain High School. I have not noticed transiency here --lots of people get transferred, some have downsized and moved because their children have grown. We chose to stay here, near our married children and grandchildren. Many have done the same. I have seen many homes for sale --I am sure it has to do with the economy for the more recent buyers who found out they bit off more than they can chew so to speak. My close neighbors have staayed the same even though our children are grown and gone. There is also a mixture of various aged children on the adjoining street. IN a subdivision this size there is bound to be houses for sale. Other subdivisions are the same. Good luck in your house hunt. Now is the time to buy as the prices have come down. Also, I do not know of any sex offenders in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta