Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2022, 10:34 AM

162 posts, read 70,593 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon! Hoping to find some help.

We currently live in Queens, NY. 3B/2BA $2500. I've been here since 2016 and have a perfect rental history/never paid late, etc. Unfortunately the neighborhood continues to decline. Within a span of a week, six people were shot (two fatal), the robberies are increasing (neighbors car stolen at gun point) and the panhandling in front of local establishments make patronizing distressing and/or a safety hazard. I LOVED the neighborhood initially (more so the neighbors) as we're all Caribbean/Indo-Caribbean (Trinidadian, Guyanese, Jamaican, Panamanian, etc). but as a Mom, with FIVE children, there's nothing left here for us.

I've been quite interested in relocating to Georgia (Atlanta), however I'm not familiar with the areas/school districts. After doing some calculations. I would like to know would it be possible to find a 3/4 BD rental within a good school district under $2000 (cheaper the better, lol)? If it is, would you kindly list the areas I should consider?

Eventually, I would like to purchase a home. I have a 778 FICO but I was D/C from bankruptcy in 2021. It would have to be after my auto loan/student loans are paid off (approx 2024).

I would prefer to be no more than 1:30 from Northside Hospital vicinity.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2022, 11:52 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
Good Afternoon! Hoping to find some help.

We currently live in Queens, NY. 3B/2BA $2500. I've been here since 2016 and have a perfect rental history/never paid late, etc. Unfortunately the neighborhood continues to decline. Within a span of a week, six people were shot (two fatal), the robberies are increasing (neighbors car stolen at gun point) and the panhandling in front of local establishments make patronizing distressing and/or a safety hazard. I LOVED the neighborhood initially (more so the neighbors) as we're all Caribbean/Indo-Caribbean (Trinidadian, Guyanese, Jamaican, Panamanian, etc). but as a Mom, with FIVE children, there's nothing left here for us.

I've been quite interested in relocating to Georgia (Atlanta), however I'm not familiar with the areas/school districts. After doing some calculations. I would like to know would it be possible to find a 3/4 BD rental within a good school district under $2000 (cheaper the better, lol)? If it is, would you kindly list the areas I should consider?

Eventually, I would like to purchase a home. I have a 778 FICO but I was D/C from bankruptcy in 2021. It would have to be after my auto loan/student loans are paid off (approx 2024).

I would prefer to be no more than 1:30 from Northside Hospital vicinity.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
My apologies for the delayed response to your inquiry.

If you want to place an emphasis on staying close or relatively close to Northside Hospital, look in nearby areas like:

> Sandy Springs (where Northside Hospital is located near the eastern boundary of the Sandy Springs municipality near the neighboring municipalities of Brookhaven and Dunwoody)...

> Brookhaven...

> Dunwoody...

> Chamblee...

> Buckhead.

... These communities will provide numerous rental options in areas with numerous metropolitan amenities (including retail and restaurants of a fairly wide price range). These communities will also provide access to public schools that have socioeconomically student populations but are of high quality.

If you want to place an emphasis on being in the absolute highest-rated school systems and don’t necessarily mind having a longer drive time (through what may often be very heavy traffic) to and from Northside Hospital, look in areas like:

> The Wheeler High School cluster of the Cobb County School District in eastern Cobb County (commonly known as “East Cobb”). The Wheeler HS cluster is a highly diverse area with numerous rental options, and Wheeler High School itself has a STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) magnet that is recognized as one of the best public school STEM magnet programs in the entire country. Wheeler has a good regular curriculum as well.

Though, one likely drawback to the Wheeler HS cluster will be getting between there and Northside Hospital during peak traffic hours when traffic will be very heavy on a very limited transportation network with few commuting options besides driving on what will often be a crowded Top End of the I-285 Perimeter...

> The Alpharetta High School cluster of the Fulton County Schools system, which is an area of very highly-rated schools with a very diverse student population in a booming suburban city (Alpharetta) of numerous very high-quality metropolitan amenities...

> The Roswell High School cluster of the Fulton County Schools system...

> The Milton High School cluster of the Fulton County Schools system...

The Roswell HS and Milton HS clusters are less socioeconomically diverse than the Alpharetta HS cluster, but (though they may have less apartment housing than the Alpharetta HS cluster) the Roswell HS and Milton HS clusters also have a noticeable amount of affordable quality apartment housing and cannot be overlooked because of the extremely high quality of the schools in those clusters.

And though it is enjoys lower academic ratings than the Alpharetta HS, Roswell HS and Milton HS clusters because of the very high socioeconomic diversity of the area, the Centennial HS cluster of the Fulton County Schools system might also be an option because of the high quality of the schools in that area.

The drawback to the Alpharetta HS, Roswell HS, Milton HS and Centennial HS clusters is that you would have to use the extremely busy Georgia 400 freeway to commute to and from Northside Hospital, which is not something that would always be pleasant, particularly if it had to be done during morning and/or afternoon/evening peak traffic hours on weekdays and even some weekends.

So because the traffic often can be so very/extremely heavy on Northside roads like I-285 and GA-400, you most likely should concentrate your search for a rental dwelling to areas closest to Northside Hospital like Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Chamblee and maybe even Buckhead.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:16 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
I guess that the Johns Creek HS and Northview HS clusters of the Fulton County Schools system are also areas where you could look for a rental dwelling because of the extremely high academic ratings of the schools in those areas.

Though, the Johns Creek HS cluster has a reputation for having a highly competitive social environment in some key circles, while the Northview HS cluster has a reputation for having a strenuous and highly competitive academic environment in many circles.

The Johns Creek HS and Northview HS clusters would also be a longer drive away from Northside Hospital and would require you to commute along extremely busy routes like GA-141 and I-285, routes that can be prone to delays during peak traffic hours.

The Norcross HS and Duluth HS clusters of the Gwinnett County Public Schools system probably should also be mentioned as ultra-diverse areas with an abundance of affordable rental dwellings served by high quality public schools.

Though, the Norcross HS and Duluth HS clusters would also be a longer drive away from Northside Hospital and would require you to commute along extremely busy routes like PIB (Peachtree Industrial Boulevard), GA-141, I-85 and I-285.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:30 AM

162 posts, read 70,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
My apologies for the delayed response to your inquiry.

If you want to place an emphasis on staying close or relatively close to Northside Hospital, look in nearby areas like:

> Sandy Springs (where Northside Hospital is located near the eastern boundary of the Sandy Springs municipality near the neighboring municipalities of Brookhaven and Dunwoody)...

> Brookhaven...

> Dunwoody...

> Chamblee...

> Buckhead.

... These communities will provide numerous rental options in areas with numerous metropolitan amenities (including retail and restaurants of a fairly wide price range). These communities will also provide access to public schools that have socioeconomically student populations but are of high quality.

If you want to place an emphasis on being in the absolute highest-rated school systems and don’t necessarily mind having a longer drive time (through what may often be very heavy traffic) to and from Northside Hospital, look in areas like:

> The Wheeler High School cluster of the Cobb County School District in eastern Cobb County (commonly known as “East Cobb”). The Wheeler HS cluster is a highly diverse area with numerous rental options, and Wheeler High School itself has a STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) magnet that is recognized as one of the best public school STEM magnet programs in the entire country. Wheeler has a good regular curriculum as well.

Though, one likely drawback to the Wheeler HS cluster will be getting between there and Northside Hospital during peak traffic hours when traffic will be very heavy on a very limited transportation network with few commuting options besides driving on what will often be a crowded Top End of the I-285 Perimeter...

> The Alpharetta High School cluster of the Fulton County Schools system, which is an area of very highly-rated schools with a very diverse student population in a booming suburban city (Alpharetta) of numerous very high-quality metropolitan amenities...

> The Roswell High School cluster of the Fulton County Schools system...

> The Milton High School cluster of the Fulton County Schools system...

The Roswell HS and Milton HS clusters are less socioeconomically diverse than the Alpharetta HS cluster, but (though they may have less apartment housing than the Alpharetta HS cluster) the Roswell HS and Milton HS clusters also have a noticeable amount of affordable quality apartment housing and cannot be overlooked because of the extremely high quality of the schools in those clusters.

And though it is enjoys lower academic ratings than the Alpharetta HS, Roswell HS and Milton HS clusters because of the very high socioeconomic diversity of the area, the Centennial HS cluster of the Fulton County Schools system might also be an option because of the high quality of the schools in that area.

The drawback to the Alpharetta HS, Roswell HS, Milton HS and Centennial HS clusters is that you would have to use the extremely busy Georgia 400 freeway to commute to and from Northside Hospital, which is not something that would always be pleasant, particularly if it had to be done during morning and/or afternoon/evening peak traffic hours on weekdays and even some weekends.

So because the traffic often can be so very/extremely heavy on Northside roads like I-285 and GA-400, you most likely should concentrate your search for a rental dwelling to areas closest to Northside Hospital like Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Chamblee and maybe even Buckhead.
Thank you soooooo much. This is EXTREMELY helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta