Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2022, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 478 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a young professional looking for a new place to live in Atlanta.

Background:
Born and raised in Atlanta but lived in Fayette County the majority of my life. I am a 25 year old recent college grad working in the aviation industry. I have a hybrid schedule and my job require me to be in the office 2-3 times per week. I make a decent living and can afford a luxury apartment. I plan on moving in June.

Requests:
I am looking for a nice neighborhood which is less than a 30 min or so drive from the airport. I like going to the gym, park, and trying new restaurants. I like to be within distance to entertainment and having somewhat of a social life.

I am looking at Old Fourth Ward, Midtown, and Vinnings. Can you please tell me the pros and cons. I would really appreciate your opinions. I also heard about Newnan. Is that also a good option?

I appreciate your opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 10:56 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemj View Post
Hi,

I am a young professional looking for a new place to live in Atlanta.

Background:
Born and raised in Atlanta but lived in Fayette County the majority of my life. I am a 25 year old recent college grad working in the aviation industry. I have a hybrid schedule and my job require me to be in the office 2-3 times per week. I make a decent living and can afford a luxury apartment. I plan on moving in June.

Requests:
I am looking for a nice neighborhood which is less than a 30 min or so drive from the airport. I like going to the gym, park, and trying new restaurants. I like to be within distance to entertainment and having somewhat of a social life.

I am looking at Old Fourth Ward, Midtown, and Vinnings. Can you please tell me the pros and cons. I would really appreciate your opinions. I also heard about Newnan. Is that also a good option?

I appreciate your opinion!
Old Fourth Ward and Midtown are good areas to live in if one wants a robust level of social, entertainment and community activities in an urban environment.

Vinings is a good location to live if one wants to be close to the urban amenities of Atlanta, but live in an inner-suburban metropolitan environment. Vinings also can provide for a good, nearly straight-shot to the Atlanta Airport by way of the West Wall of the I-285 Perimeter.

Newnan is an outer-suburban community with a good level of outer-suburban amenities but a somewhat large walkable historic downtown village area. Newnan also provides a good straight-shot commute to the Atlanta Airport by way of I-85.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:16 PM

450 posts, read 271,812 times
You strike me as more of a Midtown person. O4W is a little more of that grungy 'look-how-quirky-we-are!' vibe where Midtown is just straightforwardly nice. And much better chances that you'll have bad neighbors in an apartment building there compared to a Midtown high-rise. O4W/the area around the beltline is nice to visit, but I wouldn't recommend living there (especially since it's not even cheaper than Midtown).
As for Newnan, that's out of left field compared to the other two and I wouldn't at all recommend it for a young person.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:04 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I wouldn't overlook the Brookhaven Village area. It's very nice and has great shopping, dining and the amenities you're considering. It also has easy access to the airport via automobile or the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta