Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 02:47 PM

706 posts, read 445,338 times

Advertisements

Do we really need a Chick-fila anywhere on Ponce?

https://atlanta.eater.com/2022/3/30/...-dekalb-county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 02:51 PM

562 posts, read 1,126,688 times
So typical of Atlanta to replace an iconic bar and restaurant with a generic fast food outlet!!

Old 03-30-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS86 View Post
So typical of Atlanta to replace an iconic bar and restaurant with a generic fast food outlet!!
I'll admit this is a really bad look, not something a forward looking city that should be trying to increase density as much as possible, should ever consider doing in a million years.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:08 PM

1,150 posts, read 615,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS86 View Post
CFA is fantastic and I'm sure will be a welcome addition if they take over that spot. Somebody else, or the COA are welcome to purchase that site if they'd like. It may be iconic, but I have never heard of it before.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
CFA is fantastic and I'm sure will be a welcome addition if they take over that spot. Somebody else, or the COA are welcome to purchase that site if they'd like.
LOL you can't be serious... I see why Atlanta does stupid stuff like this.. The people here support a generic *** chain restaurant in an area that should be super high density. Chick-fila is super overrated too by the way. And did you read the article, it mentions Duggans has been in that location or right by it since 1985 I'd say that's iconic for a place to last that long. Surprised you don't support local businesses and would rather have some big corporation chain restaurant.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
LOL you can't be serious... I see why Atlanta does stupid stuff like this.. The people here support a generic *** chain restaurant in an area that should be super high density. Chick-fila is super overrated too by the way.
That CFA will be PACKED every day.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
LOL you can't be serious... I see why Atlanta does stupid stuff like this.. The people here support a generic *** chain restaurant in an area that should be super high density. Chick-fila is super overrated too by the way. And did you read the article, it mentions Duggans has been in that location or right by it since 1985 I'd say that's iconic for a place to last that long. Surprised you don't support local businesses and would rather have some big corporation chain restaurant.
I support local all the time, but I'm not a chicken wing person. 2.5 stars on Yelp seems a bit sub-par.

As I said, I have never heard of that place and didn't even know it existed. Did I read that it's a hookah bar too? That seems odd.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:22 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Well, in Atlanta technically Chick-Fil-A is a local business, in a sense. And it is delicious, and the business will do well as they usually do.

I agree that in-town should be focused on more unique places for the most part, but we don't have any fast food here in Seattle, and I kind of miss good fast food, even though it's not good for me.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:23 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Northlake I bet will have a good future and redevelopment, as that mall area is in a great location. Not a bad move to locate there.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
I support local all the time, but I'm not a chicken wing person. 2.5 stars on Yelp seems a bit sub-par.

As I said, I have never heard of that place and didn't even know it existed. Did I read that it's a hookah bar too? That seems odd.
Yet Atlanta is primarily known for Chicken wings, and hookahs you seem disconnected from what Atlanta actually is like now. Whatever the rating was that place was always backed on the weekends and a fast food drive in place doesn't belong on Ponce, it doesn't have to be Dugan's but anything but a generic fast food place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: