Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 09:32 PM

17 posts, read 14,005 times

Advertisements

https://www.tonetoatl.com/2022/04/Ch...rookhaven.html

Thought this was a pretty interesting move by Chick-fil-A. They will open in the former Hudson Grille space (8,100 SF !!) at the Brookhaven Station retail center. Even weirder is that the location will have no drive-thru, indicating a focus on dine-in which strikes me as counter to Chick-fil-A's more recent strategy (thinking of the newer Perimeter Mall drive-thru location).

I will say I live down the street and have always wondered why CFA hasn't expanded its footprint to Brookhaven... there certainly would be an appetite with the with the large number of single-family homes immediately north of Peachtree Rd and parks, children's sporting activities, etc. It also makes sense with the lack of fast food along Peachtree Rd/Johnson Ferry corridors and the VERY disappointing leasing outcomes at both Brookhaven Town Center and Cambridge Square.

However, I cannot imagine a Chick-fil-a without a drive-thru here, as the parking located directly behind the building is very limited and will serve other restaurants as well. Not to mention, the Hudson Grille space is a very large box, and the Peachtree/Dresden intersection is congested with poor accessibility to retail. These are a few of the obstacles I believe CFA will encounter, but overall I like it and hope this will bring life back to Brookhaven Station which has been bleeding restaurants these past few years.

What do you guys think about having a Chick-fil-A in Brookhaven? Curious to hear others' thoughts on this move - Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 05:27 AM

1,150 posts, read 614,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravomey View Post
https://www.tonetoatl.com/2022/04/Ch...rookhaven.html

Thought this was a pretty interesting move by Chick-fil-A. They will open in the former Hudson Grille space (8,100 SF !!) at the Brookhaven Station retail center. Even weirder is that the location will have no drive-thru, indicating a focus on dine-in which strikes me as counter to Chick-fil-A's more recent strategy (thinking of the newer Perimeter Mall drive-thru location).

I will say I live down the street and have always wondered why CFA hasn't expanded its footprint to Brookhaven... there certainly would be an appetite with the with the large number of single-family homes immediately north of Peachtree Rd and parks, children's sporting activities, etc. It also makes sense with the lack of fast food along Peachtree Rd/Johnson Ferry corridors and the VERY disappointing leasing outcomes at both Brookhaven Town Center and Cambridge Square.

However, I cannot imagine a Chick-fil-a without a drive-thru here, as the parking located directly behind the building is very limited and will serve other restaurants as well. Not to mention, the Hudson Grille space is a very large box, and the Peachtree/Dresden intersection is congested with poor accessibility to retail. These are a few of the obstacles I believe CFA will encounter, but overall I like it and hope this will bring life back to Brookhaven Station which has been bleeding restaurants these past few years.

What do you guys think about having a Chick-fil-A in Brookhaven? Curious to hear others' thoughts on this move - Thanks for sharing.
I think a CFA in Brookhaven makes a ton of sense, but not a sit-down CFA with no drive-thru. I can't imagine this is a concept that will expand into other areas.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:33 AM

34 posts, read 22,424 times
Brookhaven has a MARTA station, this is good. Brookhaven station is a walkable mixed use destination that should have good urban planning.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:33 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,467 times
So, a Dwarf House

Old 04-25-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
So, a Dwarf House
That's insensitive.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:15 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
This is confusing, as this was supposed to be a new Fox Brothers location.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
This is confusing, as this was supposed to be a new Fox Brothers location.
That sucks. Fox Brothers is fantastic.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
That sucks. Fox Brothers is fantastic.
I know, a lot of us were pretty excited. I'm only 10 minutes from Brookhaven Station.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I know, a lot of us were pretty excited. I'm only 10 minutes from Brookhaven Station.
The Fox Brothers burger is so good. That was one benefit of working near the one on Dekalb Ave.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
The Fox Brothers burger is so good. That was one benefit of working near the one on Dekalb Ave.
I like everything I've ever had there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: