Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 AM

5 posts, read 18,495 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
Could any one tell me a good hospital besides Northside, to delivery at that would be close to the South Atlanta area. I would like a more attentive atomsphere. I just moved here a month ago from Hawaii, I am not familiar with the area but I have been reading post on Northside Hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 5,641 times
Piedmont is also a very good hospital, but still in Atlanta.

I had my first at Northside and my second at Henry County Medical, which has a brand new Woman's Center, both has their plus and minus.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:57 AM

13 posts, read 59,057 times
I had my baby at Piedmont and it was a very good experience. It's not in south atlanta, but it is closer to it than Northside.

I heard very mixed reviews about Northside and decided to stick with Piedmont, where my OB practiced. I didn't want to change doctors for what might be a bad experience!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 PM

297 posts, read 1,539,032 times
I would highly recommend Piedmont. We have had a great experience there with each delivery and will be delivering our next child there within a few weeks. Good luck!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,752,778 times
Is this your first child? Selecting the right doctor is more important that the hospital. There are a lot of doctors out there that are too quick to do a c-section. I recommend you visit ICAN of Atlanta. You do not want to end up with an unnecessary c-section that can cause problems for future pregnancies.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,862,024 times
I had both of my deliveries at Northside, and had a very good experience both times. Not sure what you've been reading.

Having said that, I had major complications after going home following my second child's birth (pulmonary edema/congestive heart failure), and had to be re-hospitalized for another four days. Let me tell you, there is a HUGE difference between the N'side Women's Center and the rest of the hospital. The Women's Center is like the Ritz-Carlton, comparatively speaking, in terms of both service/attentiveness and the actual facility itself.

I found the nurses/lactation consultants to be very attentive and helpful. The poor Lactation Consultant had to come into uncharted portions of the hospital (the Cardiac floor) to find me the second time, but she was so very helpful with my unusual situation. I wound up not being to breastfeed because of the cardiac medication they put me on (very upsetting at the time), and she helped me to "dry up" and to psychologically deal with the disappointment.

Don't rule out Northside without visiting yourself. I truly did not feel like "just a number" either time!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 AM

17 posts, read 65,946 times
I delivered my son at Piedmont. We too were new to the area and I ended up with a wonderful last few weeks of my pregnancy and delivery.

Check out awog (or .com) this is the group I ended up with and they are great.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:09 AM

60 posts, read 246,122 times
Dekalb Medical Center is great. They have an amazing new Women's Health building that opened last year (just in time for our third delivery...)

Outstanding staff, and less of a baby-mill than Northside can be.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 PM

297 posts, read 1,539,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DofThoreau View Post
I delivered my son at Piedmont. We too were new to the area and I ended up with a wonderful last few weeks of my pregnancy and delivery.

Check out awog (or .com) this is the group I ended up with and they are great.

I second AWOG (that is where we currently are)! Dr. Siegel delivered our first child, and she did an awesome job! I am praying she is on call when we deliver our next one in the coming days!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 PM

17 posts, read 65,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
I second AWOG (that is where we currently are)! Dr. Siegel delivered our first child, and she did an awesome job! I am praying she is on call when we deliver our next one in the coming days!
Aww don't you just love their office? Dr Williams delivered my son b/c Dr Hood (who is my reg OB) was doing a c section when I was ready to push. I love them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: