Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 05:04 PM

38 posts, read 199,700 times

Advertisements

hi! what about douglas county? i heard of mirror lake homes there to rent. a city called villa rica? can anyone give me info on that area? i want to start a cleaning business there. i know its near an airport which is nice. but we have 2 dogs and we need some yard space. we dont want our neighbors right on top of us. but to travel to work i dont want to go to far. we have no kids and we are in our 30s. so any info and place to live would be great! o btw...we love lakes and rivers..coming from s. florida im used to that. but we are moving soon...just dont know where to go---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 AM

18 posts, read 85,984 times
Default Villa Rica

I live in Mirror Lake and I (strong) like it . Villa Rica is growing (as is the whole western metro area) and with all the new homes being built (and new people moving to the area) a cleaning business might turn out to be a good venture. The nearest airport I know of is Hartsfield (not sure if there are any small airports you were speaking of) and it's about a 35-45 (or more, depending on time of day, traffic, etc.) min drive away. I think there are some back roads to the airport that will allow you to miss some of the traffic jams. We live less than 2 miles to I-20 and from what I've seen, traffic on this side of the metro area is less congested.

Specifically, about Mirror Lake, it is a community governed by a HOA and there are various 'neighborhoods' that exist in the subdivision. Some have larger yards, it just depends on your price range and neighborhood. Our other house is a subdivision (not Mirror Lake) w/o an association and we had almost an acre of property. BUT, there were not any amenities. I haven't seen to many homes here (Mirror Lake) with fences, but for the most part the yards of most of the homes I have seen are beautifully landscaped. We have several lakes, pools, tennis, walking trails, clubhouse, golf and country club here and we are located near a fairly new "strip" mall (Publix grocery store, a couple of banks, pizza, Chinese, Mexican food, gas station, etc.). Another plus to living in this part of Villa Rica-no train to contend with while on my way to I-20 (this was the case at our other house!) If you need a large, fenced in yard for your dogs I am sure there are some homes in here, but there are also other new subdivisions (and some existing nice ones ) that have that type of space. We have one large dog, but he is an indoor dog.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
The whole west metro area is experiencing rapid growth. If you want lots of land you'll have to stay out of subdivisions and use a realtor to find some of the vanishing rural properties.

Note - there is no need to panic and put so many ????????????????????? in a post. People will answer.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry88 View Post
hi! what about douglas county? i heard of mirror lake homes there to rent. a city called villa rica? can anyone give me info on that area? i want to start a cleaning business there. i know its near an airport which is nice. but we have 2 dogs and we need some yard space. we dont want our neighbors right on top of us. but to travel to work i dont want to go to far. we have no kids and we are in our 30s. so any info and place to live would be great! o btw...we love lakes and rivers..coming from s. florida im used to that. but we are moving soon...just dont know where to go---
Douglas County is a pretty rural area, if that's what you like. It has grown quite a bit and is more inhabitate than it used to be. It used to be the most rural county, now I think it's Carroll County. If you're ever bored, and want to do something like real shopping or go to the theater, you'll have to come to Atlanta. I have friends that live on mirror lake, and I used to hang out there on weekends. It's beautiful and peaceful. They live in a housing development called Fairfield Plantation, which is gated. I don't remember so much rental property being out there, everybody seemed to own. You may find some rentals in Villa Rica itself, outside of a housing subdivision. I can't promise it will be right on the lake though. Who told you it was close the airport? On the contrary, you're looking at about a 35-40 minute drive easily without traffic. I think it's possible to start a cleaning business anywhere.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:14 PM

18 posts, read 85,984 times
As far as rental properties go, I have not seen many (if any) strictly 'for rent' properties in our neighborhood. I do think there are some lease-purchase homes available (owners bought another home without selling their existing one-market isn't great at all-seems to be the majority of lease-purchase scenarios).

And so you won't be confused, unless there is lake called 'Mirror Lake' in Fairfield Plantation, the community of 'Mirror Lake' and Fairfield are two separate communities. Fairfield Plantation is located off of the Carrollton-VR Highway (GA-61) -exit 24 from I-20, and Mirror Lake is located off of exit 26 (from I-20) and lies on Connors Road and Mirror Lake Pkwy. Fairfield Plantation is gated with security patrol; ML is not gated.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:42 PM

11 posts, read 99,259 times
Mirror Lake is actually on the far side of Douglas County. Until recently, it was Paulding County. You can come closer in and still have the Douglas experience. I live in Douglasville, and this is a more suburban area. The mall is here, and just about everything else. We're about 20 mins from Atlanta and the airport, and there is more rental inventory here. There are heighborhoods that are comparable or better than Mirror Lake, so you don't have to give that up. There are also homes outside of subdivisions that could also suit you just fine.

If I can offer you any advice or assistance offline, let me know. I, too, am an implant (I'm in my 30's, and I have three children). I've been in the metro area for 10 years; in Douglasville for 3+.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:28 AM

57 posts, read 263,106 times
Default Any info you can share about Mirror Lake?

I liked the amenities package and have started to build in Mirror Lake. I have seen some nice property in Douglasville (Reserve at Dog Creek, etc.), but have to be closer to my job in Carrollton. Do you know folks in Mirror Lake? Any experiences you can share? We'll be moving in at the beginning of Summer and I have a 5-year old son. Mirror Lake Elementary looks to be pretty good, but Fairplay Middle and Douglas County High School don't necessarily look too hot. Any school ideas?

Thanks,
PMMD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta