U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Atlanta/Decatur/Emory area
1,320 posts, read 3,922,080 times
Reputation: 496

Advertisements

Another vote for Top Spice! Yummm!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 AM
 
8,862 posts, read 15,460,939 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Briarcliff High, to thee we're singing
Hear our voices ever ringing
Noble sons and daughters bringing
Glory to thy name

March we ever onward
Barons brave and strong
We will always love and cherish
Days together when our hearts were young

To our colors blue and silver
Pledging our loyalty forever
Sing to thee with praise and honor
Hail to Briarcliff High

LD, BHS Class of 73

BTW where is the Italian Villa in Briarcliff Heights?
LOL--LD, I suspected you were a product of BHS--could have also gone to 'The Devil'--based on your location. Better to be a Baron--as geeky, nerdy as we could be.

I suppose we sang the anthem--commenced our lives in Adams Memorial Stadium on 6-7-66 should have happened on 6-6-66 but the community didn't think that was a good day, IYKWIM. 'You'll Never Walk Alone'--Sound of Music was popular that year --so we sang that.

Bob Cassells was the valedictorian. Played an oboe--was headed on to Harvard--math/science. Highest test scores in the county that year. Nice guy certain he could have done what Bill Gates did if he wanted to do that.

Yup--who can ever 'Forget' the 12 years of Excellence provided by the DeKalb School System from W.D. Thomson/Margaret Harris, to Kittredge to BHS. Then I went to West Georgia College and taught at Idlewood and Rock Chapel. Moved to Savannah and taught at Port Wentorth, Fine Arts Magnet in the heart of the inner city and ended up at Lee Roy Myers middle school--teaching English. My teaching career stopped abruptly in May '91.
'Divine Intervention'--that is what it was.

I have done many things since then. Like Kramer on Seinfeld I adopted N.Druid Hills Rd --and that has been a major undertaking. Just noticed something that needs to be taken care of --but--today I am not going to 'Go Insane' about it. ROFLMAO--sometimes that helps--but I try to restrain myself.

After working for a real 'SOB'/Sweet Old Boss at Idlewood, former Marine--I cannot stand to see trash on my road. Good times at Idlewood--good teachers--still moving heaven and earth for each and every kid--quite diverse. They have a good principal. I'd go back but now believe I need to do 'Something' else.

I mentioned to Pless that we should go to lunch at Violette's--why don't you come with us--if and when we ever do this. I think you spoke of France in one of your post--must have paid attention in class. I unfortunately was somewhat 'Distractable' and now don't know much about the language. I read Peter Mayle's books and know that it is a place I should go.

The Italian Villa is the first house actually on Beacon Hill. We are right next door--brown shingle house that needs major renovation. LOL--guess I should get a paying job and quit worrying about the litter and traffic on N. Druid Hills and Briarcliff Roads. 'Somebody' has to DO IT--I have heard that enough in my lifetime and I am very good at motivating others--so that was what I thought of to do. cough

'Thick as a Brick' --Jethro Tull --at times.

I should go talk to my neighbor about houses and working with people who build them. I guess I will do that--'Tomorrow'--Scarlett that I am.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 07:12 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,120 posts, read 37,235,586 times
Reputation: 15576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
The Italian Villa is the first house actually on Beacon Hill.
Oh, that...LOL, I'm surprised the neighbors have allowed that to remain standing...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
 
8,862 posts, read 15,460,939 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Oh, that...LOL, I'm surprised the neighbors have allowed that to remain standing...
Well, I am the main neighbor and I watched it being built--love Tuscany and I was thrilled. Darren is just great --what a guy.

Fingers crossed that my luck is finally changing. Born on '911' --if that helps you understand my life.

In a heart beat I would do just as Darren did. More likely that I will try to find away to go with the 'Craftsman Bungalow' style--people are really doing some interesting things with these houses.

Someone on Bridgeport is creating a Craftsman Bungalow and every time I walk my dog it looks better and better.

If you have friends here, you know.

(((Craftsman Bungalows))))
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Inception
962 posts, read 2,391,677 times
Reputation: 1085
Where is the "Bagel Place" located?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Inman Park (Atlanta, GA)
21,871 posts, read 13,635,317 times
Reputation: 14287
Bagel Palace Deli & Bakery

2869 N Druid Hills Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30329
Phone: (404) 315-9016

It's tucked away in the corner by the shoe store.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
 
8,862 posts, read 15,460,939 times
Reputation: 2280
I plan to try Meshereth/Ethiopian Cuisine next.
Meshereth
2781 Clairmont Rd
Atlanta, GA 30329
404-417-0991

At Briarcliff and Clairmont in the shopping center with the Post Office and Pure/nightclub.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,120 posts, read 37,235,586 times
Reputation: 15576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Well, I am the main neighbor and I watched it being built--love Tuscany and I was thrilled. Darren is just great --what a guy.

Fingers crossed that my luck is finally changing. Born on '911' --if that helps you understand my life.

In a heart beat I would do just as Darren did. More likely that I will try to find away to go with the 'Craftsman Bungalow' style--people are really doing some interesting things with these houses.

Someone on Bridgeport is creating a Craftsman Bungalow and every time I walk my dog it looks better and better.

If you have friends here, you know.

(((Craftsman Bungalows))))
There is a RIOD on Beacon Hill Blvd now, isn't there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 AM
 
8,862 posts, read 15,460,939 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
There is a RIOD on Beacon Hill Blvd now, isn't there?

'RIOD'--not familiar with that acronym. Those who already own houses renovate them--I guess you are talking about the Infill Overlay?

Those that are renovating are doing a great job that is all I know. There is a 'new' house going up on Belle Isle that looks good--there are two 'craftsman bungalow' new houses on Beacon Hill and I like both of them.

LOL--there is an absolute 'palace' on Berkeley--with 3 car garage--but it seems to fit in well.

I really don't care as long as I am surrounded by good neighbors. 'Dog People' preferably--the Best. We have weimaraners, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, labs, shelties, a golden, mixes of all kinds and one delightful lhasa apso--LOL. ''Best Dog" in the neighborhood. 'Josh Dylan' --named for Josh Groban and Bob Dylan. :-=
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,120 posts, read 37,235,586 times
Reputation: 15576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
'RIOD'--not familiar with that acronym. Those who already own houses renovate them--I guess you are talking about the Infill Overlay?

Those that are renovating are doing a great job that is all I know. There is a 'new' house going up on Belle Isle that looks good--there are two 'craftsman bungalow' new houses on Beacon Hill and I like both of them.

LOL--there is an absolute 'palace' on Berkeley--with 3 car garage--but it seems to fit in well.

I really don't care as long as I am surrounded by good neighbors. 'Dog People' preferably--the Best. We have weimaraners, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, labs, shelties, a golden, mixes of all kinds and one delightful lhasa apso--LOL. ''Best Dog" in the neighborhood. 'Josh Dylan' --named for Josh Groban and Bob Dylan. :-=
You are correct...Residential Infill Overlay District (RIOD).
I have many friends in your 'hood, all of whom sing the praises of 'The Heights'.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top