Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 27,641 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a Hawaii Club in Atlanta? Are there any transplated locals out there looking for other locals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfr808 View Post
Does anyone know of a Hawaii Club in Atlanta? Are there any transplated locals out there looking for other locals?
I've never been but always loved Hawaii. I found some great sites for the art/crafts of Hawaii. If you like we could start such a group.

Hawaiian Quilts from QuiltsHawaii.com - Your Hawaii Quilting Connection - FREE Electronic Quilt Patterns

I taught 4th grade social studies--and we always studied the Pacific Rim thoroughly.

Love it, love it, love it.

Pineapples, sugar cane, volcanos, orchids and everything to do with the sea.

Atolls...
Fascinating.

Robert Louis Stevenson went there when Scotland got to be too stifling and bad for his health. He might have gone to Tahiti--all the great ones --writers, artists headed west. I know I would fit in well there.

Annette Bening prefers to vacation there--that is enough of a recommendation for me.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:36 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,790 times
I was in Maui and The Big Island in March and I loved everybit of it! Going back this fall to Kauai and Honolulu. Hawaii is such a great place and I would love to retire to The Big Island . Luckily they have Wal-Mart which has made the Island much more affordable for groceries and products in the past few years. The Real Estate more than makes up for it though! If you need someone in your Hawaii club I will be the 1st to join. Unfortunately I don't know any native Hawaiians here in Atlanta but back home in California there were tons of Pacific Islanders and Hawaiians.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM

5 posts, read 18,484 times
I am not a local but I lived their for 6 years. Me and my family just moved from Ewa Beach (oahu)to Atlanta in April.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 PM

3 posts, read 15,400 times
Smile Aloha from STone Mountain but visiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfr808 View Post
Howzit grfr808
I am currently on vacation with my husband and my 2 kids here in Stone Mountain Georgia. We got one more week until we fly back to Japan where we are currently stationed at. My husband is in the Navy and weve been living in Japan for 3yrs. But Im born and raised from Honolulu Oahu townie side of the island. I am also Hawaiian mixed as we say in Hawaii chop suey. Every time we come to visit my inlaws here in Atlanta area I am just like you in wondering how many Hawaii people there are here in Atlanta area. So do you live here now? Honestly with me I cant ever live here Im glad my husband respects my wishes even though he was raised out here. Beautiful homes, apts and much more to see and do here. But its not my type of living I rather live closer to the Pacific Ocean and closer to home . I always get stared at by many out here in Atlanta and STone Mountain area. Maybe because I have a black husband who is a good man with that Hawaii heart in him or maybe because they see me wearing a plumeria or hawaiian flower behind my left ear and they wonder what in the heck I am. You are welcome to stay in touch with me okay please do. By the way I do know of a Samoan girl that lives out in Atlanta that grew up on Oahu. Her cousin is my best friend. I do know there is a hula halau down in Savannah sorry if I know I misspelled. aloha and please help share the aloha out here.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngaines23 View Post
I am not a local but I lived their for 6 years. Me and my family just moved from Ewa Beach (oahu)to Atlanta in April.
aloha ngaines23
Wow so good to see you use to live on Oahu my home Island. I notice here in ATlanta area people have love for Hawaii but they dont know to much about us Hawaii locals. I hope you could help tell people and share to others here about Hawaii and our aloha spirit.
aloha!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:20 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
If you don't know about this place - it's great in my opinion. They serve the typical lunch plate. Give it Waikkie Hawaiian BBQ a try:

The Blissful Glutton: Waikikie Hawaiian Barbecue: Atlanta

Old 08-08-2008, 03:30 PM

Smile Waikiki Hawaiian BBQ, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
If you don't know about this place - it's great in my opinion. They serve the typical lunch plate. Give it Waikkie Hawaiian BBQ a try:

[URL="http://blissfulglutton.blogspot.com/2006/07/waikikie-hawaiian-barbecue-atlanta.html"]The Blissful Glutton: Waikikie Hawaiian Barbecue: Atlanta[/URL]
Hey George Chong,
My husband knows the address for this restaurant. I will try it and Im hoping its similar to what I am use to eating back at home in Hawaii if not oh well the main thing is that Atlanta has love for hawaii how awesome is that!! . I do cook Hawaii foods in my home and Ive been cooking it for my inlaws here in Atlanta..oh they are in love with the great flavors from hawaii. Cooking hawaii foods helps me ease my way of being home sick. THank you so much! I will let you know how it is when we try it next week.
aloha!!

Old 08-08-2008, 04:02 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Native View Post
Hey George Chong,
My husband knows the address for this restaurant. I will try it and Im hoping its similar to what I am use to eating back at home in Hawaii if not oh well the main thing is that Atlanta has love for hawaii how awesome is that!! . I do cook Hawaii foods in my home and Ive been cooking it for my inlaws here in Atlanta..oh they are in love with the great flavors from hawaii. Cooking hawaii foods helps me ease my way of being home sick. THank you so much! I will let you know how it is when we try it next week.
aloha!!
There were some good reviews from native Hawaiians so hopefully you will enjoy it too. They have a location in Hawaii also.

Mmmmm...I am getting hungry Maybe one day I will try the Spam.

Can't wait to hear your opinion.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,933 times
Talking Kinda Late. But I'm Responding. Lol...

I came from the Puna Side of the Big Island in '05 Sometime to Hinesville, GA. I now reside in Atlanta, GA. I have met a lot of Poly's out here, more are surrounding the military bases. We even regularly go to a place called Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ. Their food is great, Musubi even! Lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta