Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,333 times

Advertisements

Google Street View previously only covered a very small portion of Atlanta. Now it covers tons of full neighborhoods! I actually found my house here in Atlanta on it. Give it a try...It's really neat:

maps.google.com

Click on 'street view'.

The wonders of technology continue to amaze me but I'm sure some people aren't too happy about it because of privacy issues.

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 06-15-2008 at 01:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 02:28 PM

39 posts, read 151,984 times
Default google street view

Love this!!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
I noticed this the other day - actually, they added several new cities to the whole thing as well.

The only thing that kinda disappointed me is that a lot of the new areas they added were done in the dead of Winter on an overcast day - so a lot of the newly added shots are very unattractive. It sure would have been nice if they had waited a couple of months and done it in early Spring on a sunny day. Oh well - 'least it's on the map I guess. Kinda odd that here in Powder Springs is added but a lot of the more populated Northside isn't, but I guess they're still adding stuff all the time.

Someone told me they actually saw the Google car driving around in early December here somewhere. Actually says "Google" on the side with that 360degree cam above the roof of it. Wonder if anyone mooned it? lol

Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM

81 posts, read 292,795 times
this is very cool...my car is sitting in front of my house...it's a nice sunny day in my shot....

Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBuKev View Post
this is very cool...my car is sitting in front of my house...it's a nice sunny day in my shot....
Yeah, some of them vary and it's odd. Example - if you go North of Peachtree Road and are just about at the Brookhaven MARTA station, everything is dark, dreery.. car headlights on - blah. Then you go just North of the station and POOF - sun is out, blue sky, etc. I guess a few of the shots were taken on better days earlier on. Powder Springs was apparently all done in the Winter/overcast.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:13 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,259,583 times
My house isn't on it! They sort of weaved in an out of McLendon Ave and totally missed my entire block.

That's pretty neat. I know some people are worried about privacy but I don't see how this is any worse than 411 or the phone book...or even old google maps....

Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 AM

60 posts, read 246,009 times
Neat. I can tell within a couple weeks when then took the shot, due to the Halloween decorations in our yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: