Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 05:52 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times

Advertisements

OK, gang--one more time name the places that a transplant/tourist would enjoy in your part of Atlanta.

Why? You ask?

After we gather all the FYI in one place someone might possibly be able to do something creative with it--looking at you web designers and other 'Geeks'.

All I can do is make a blog with prepackaged software. FWIW.

Let's see --we need some categories--feel free to add/revise this list:

--??Downtown Atlanta
--West End
--Grant Park
--Cabbagetown
--Other areas Southwest Atlanta that regretfully I have not visited in a while
--Inman Park
--Candler Park
--Midtown/Atlantic Station
--Buckhead
--Smyrna
--Marietta
--Kennesaw
--NW sector
--Emory Corridor
--Druid Hills
--VA Highland
--Toco Hill
--Decatur
--Chamblee
--Dunwoody/Perimeter
--Roswell
--Norcross
--Duluth
--Conyers
--Athens, Winder, Braselton and others in NE metro area
--Avondale
--Tucker
--Clarkston
--Stone Mountain
--Lithonia

Add your thoughts/opinions and whatever FYI you have to offer those less familiar with Atlanta.

tia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 06:09 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Okay, I will start. Here is a list of restaurants in Inman Park:

Fritti & Sotto Sotto (which are side by side) U Restaurants

Parish: Concentrics Restaurants

Zaya: ZAYARESTAURANT.COM

North Highland Pub: Welcome to Cuisine Management

Wisteria: www.wisteria-atlanta.com

Loco Lino: www.localino.info

Of course, the holy trinity of Rathbun's, Rathbun's Steaks and The Krog Bar: Rathbun's by Chef Kevin Rathbun of Rathbun's & Krog Bar - Restaurants in Atlanta - restaurantsinatlanta.com

Shaun's: www.shaunsrestaurant.com

Inman Perk Coffee: www.inmanperkcoffee.com

The Albert: www.thealbertatlanta.com

Son's Place: Son's Place / Atlanta Restaurants

I know this is not Inman Park - but I have to let you know about Fox Brothers BBQ: www.foxbrosbbq.com

Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 PM

88 posts, read 304,244 times
Post Puhlease include Suwanee in this post

Just this evening I've been trying to locate some good Chinese or Japanese, Thai something along those lines- by way of these internets of course and I've had no such luck. We'll be having fried chicken from Popeye's b/c you really can't go wrong with that. I'd give my pinky toe for some good reviews.

We live between peachtree Ind. & Buford Hwy but WILL DRIVE for Food But really if we could get some ideas for Suwanee my rumbling tummy would thank you for it

Also, what about Mexican out this way I have found NOTHING authentic AT ALL. What a shame. Everyone should have some good Mexican food w/in 10, 20 mi. I miss Chicago for this reason - FOOD!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futrMrsJ View Post
Just this evening I've been trying to locate some good Chinese or Japanese, Thai something along those lines- by way of these internets of course and I've had no such luck. We'll be having fried chicken from Popeye's b/c you really can't go wrong with that. I'd give my pinky toe for some good reviews.

We live between peachtree Ind. & Buford Hwy but WILL DRIVE for Food But really if we could get some ideas for Suwanee my rumbling tummy would thank you for it

Also, what about Mexican out this way I have found NOTHING authentic AT ALL. What a shame. Everyone should have some good Mexican food w/in 10, 20 mi. I miss Chicago for this reason - FOOD!
Well, head to Doraville--there should be plenty of ethnic food there.

'A million years ago'--We all thought a Mexican restaurant on Ponce de Leon around the Borders shopping center was as authentic as anyone could ask for--what did we know quite a distance from Mexico. My friend from El Paso could cook authentic Mexican or Tex/Mex --she's in Duluth.

If you cannot find authentic Mexican in Hall County/Gainesville area I don't know why.

Somebody may post a specific restaurant. I tend to just 'drop in' and try them out for myself and I go to 'inexpensive' restaurants. All up and down Buford Highway/Clairmont to N. Druid Hills.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futrMrsJ View Post

futurMrsJ--

You can use the Advanced Search feature to find previous threads on where to eat in Atlanta--this forum has been pretty active in the past couple of years and there are thousands of posts on where to dine all over the city.

ie

Here>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=6204548

Mexican Food:
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-buckhead.html

From Google--Mexican Restaurants/Ponce de Leon/Midtown/Inman Park and etc>>>
atlanta mexican restaurant ponce de leon - Google Search (http://tinyurl.com/5oxaqr - broken link)

Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 AM

66 posts, read 432,462 times
Go to Nuevo Laredo for Mexican food. Welcome to Nuevo Laredo Cantina! | Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Be prepared to wait for a long time if you get there after 6:45 pm. I recommend going for lunch on a Saturday when the crowds are small
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta