Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM

4 posts, read 6,229 times

Advertisements

Me and my family are looking also. I'm still researching what area will be best for us plus I'm planning on transferring to KSU and attending hair school so it looks like Cobb County will be the best area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTee73 View Post
Unfortunately I have not made the move yet; I hear that the job market is not all that great down there (actually it's not great ANYWHERE these days) but it would be nice to have a secure job before moving down there. I've been reading a lot of posts from Atlanta natives and I seem to think that the northern portions of the city are the best areas. The only problem I'm having is that my favorite aunt doesn't want me to move but I'm just not happy in Indy anymore; there's nothing special about this city. I sent my resume to a couple of companies in Atlanta but I have yet to hear from them. Like I said, hopefully I'll be in Atlanta by next summer and I hope you will too!

The job market isn't great anywhere so don't let that hold you back if you have a dream you are trying to accomplish. Plenty of people tell me stay where I'm at but if I'm not happy and not making any progress....

Good luck...don't keep putting off, do what's best for you and your family!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasha180 View Post
I want to get a job before I go as well even though I only plan on working part time because of school. I told my family that me being there gives them some place to visit and that I will come home often. I have to get out of here.

Have you thought about work-study or temporary positions at the college? It may not be much money but if you could supplement what you needed with your financial aid refund then it may work for you. HTH!

Old 06-17-2009, 04:53 PM

54 posts, read 97,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownelovely View Post
The job market isn't great anywhere so don't let that hold you back if you have a dream you are trying to accomplish. Plenty of people tell me stay where I'm at but if I'm not happy and not making any progress....

Good luck...don't keep putting off, do what's best for you and your family!

Thanks for the positive words; I'm still sending out my resumes to different companies in the Atlanta area so I'm praying that a few of them will respond soon!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta