Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 02:12 PM

84 posts, read 333,294 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm finding the early 30's single scene in Pittsburgh to be pretty rough and am strongly considering a move. How is the singles scene for a straight professional in my age bracket in ATL?

As far as living goes, I would really prefer to live in the city in a safe, walkable area where I could mingle with women my age. From what I've heard, Midtown and Buckhead might be a good fit. Any other ideas?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm also looking at Chicago for what it's worth...

Lance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 05:55 PM

23,444 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Buckhead and Midtown would be good areas to find what you're looking for...I would add Virginia-Highland and Inman Park to your list as well.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the advice. I assume then that you think Atlanta would be OK as far as the dating scene for my age goes?

I should mention that I'm not into the bar scene or one night stands, I'm looking for an area that would have a nice selection of quality single women in their late 20's/early 30's...

Lance

Old 07-06-2008, 06:30 PM

23,444 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30somethings View Post
Thanks for the advice. I assume then that you think Atlanta would be OK as far as the dating scene for my age goes?

I should mention that I'm not into the bar scene or one night stands, I'm looking for an area that would have a nice selection of quality single women in their late 20's/early 30's...

Lance
Are you kidding? They will throw a parade for you...I'm just sorry my twentysomething daughters are already married .
The stats in this town are a bit skewed in your favor.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Are you kidding? They will throw a parade for you...I'm just sorry my twentysomething daughters are already married .
The stats in this town are a bit skewed in your favor.
Thanks very much for the feedback, it's very much appreciated!

I'll probably be coming down in a few weeks to check the area out...

Lance

Old 07-07-2008, 06:18 AM

308 posts, read 1,037,589 times
If you are a church- goer then NorthPoint Church- either their Alpharetta location or Buckhead location would be the mecca of Atlanta's singles scene.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinwreck17 View Post
If you are a church- goer then NorthPoint Church- either their Alpharetta location or Buckhead location would be the mecca of Atlanta's singles scene.
Thanks, I do go to church and will check NorthPoint out.

Do they have a young professionals singles group or activities? I find that it's often difficult to meet people at church otherwise, especially if it is quite large.

Thanks!

Lance

Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 AM

308 posts, read 1,037,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30somethings View Post
Thanks, I do go to church and will check NorthPoint out.

Do they have a young professionals singles group or activities? I find that it's often difficult to meet people at church otherwise, especially if it is quite large.

Thanks!

Lance
They do. Just hold on to your hat brother.

You will learn their lingo but it entails groups getting together of various sizes.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM

4 posts, read 13,717 times
I am moving to Atlanta soon and found a number of singles and other social groups on meetup.com. I have been involved with meetup groups in California and it is a great way to meet new people who have common interests.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:42 PM

54 posts, read 168,385 times
Single women are every where. I'm sure you will do fine no matter what area you live in.
Unless you look like the boogy man.
What is making me raise an eyebrow, is your reason for wanting to move.
I mean if your sole purpose for moving is to find a date. Not to move because of weather, money, etc...but because of the dating scene. The bigger question to me is...Is it your scene or is it you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta