Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 6,992 times

Advertisements

I have recently moved here from WA state and am having a very hard time finding a job as a nursing assistant. I am going to school to finish my prereqs for nursing school, but would like a job in a hospital here while I go to school. I can't seem to get my foot in the door! Any ideas? I am very surprised that there are not more nursing assistant jobs available. they seem few and far between. In WA there aren't enough people to fill all of the positions available. I don't know what to do - I don't want to give up on my dream but may need to if I can't find work - any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 03:45 PM

6 posts, read 21,582 times
Default CNA jobs in ATL

I just moved here also from FL by way of NY and I am a nursing student also looking for work, in a hospital. I was told that the jobs are here for us It just takes time like 4-5 months to get your foot in the door I wouldn't give up on nursing however, the rewards are too great. I plan on just pick up hours at a ALF In which I really hate to work an agency but it beats a blank check. I already found some hours already at an ALF was hired the same day and the work was not too too bad if you know what I mean I have decided to let it go through because I was PRN and they kept putting me on the schedule too much. So I am going to try some other AFL part time and wait it out until my hospital app opens up

Good luck and hang in there

Old 11-05-2008, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,660 times
I moved here a year ago from FL too and the only CNA jobs I have found only pay you up to $9. Back home we make from 10 to 14 an hour. Coming to ATL i thought the pay would be the same but i was suprised to find out that it wasnt. My biggest issue is that we are the people taking care of someones mother,dad,son, or daughter an they only see fit to pay u what someone who works in a fast food job make!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:25 PM

293 posts, read 897,742 times
and it's not going to get better... where would they find the money to pay you?

Old 11-21-2008, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 33,057 times
Kimber,

I came accross this site that seems to cover a broad range of nursing jobs. I saw listings for RN jobs, LPN jobs, Nurse Practitioner jobs, etc. Good luck!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,851 times
I'm having the same problem finding a cna job, looks like medical asst. is making more money than the cna, i just move here and the pay sucks and if i knew then what i know now i would never ever come to georgia. Thinking about moving on i dont have time to be put out and homeless and hungry

Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 11,851 times
need to know where the jobs at

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDee14 View Post
Kimber,

I came accross this site that seems to cover a broad range of [URL="http://www.nursingpost.net"]nursing jobs[/URL]. I saw listings for RN jobs, LPN jobs, Nurse Practitioner jobs, etc. Good nuck!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,548 times
You can go on the Georgia Dept. of Labor website and they have plenty of jobs for CNA's I know because I am one but I'll tell you if you are expecting to get paid anything over $9.00 you may as well change your profession! Georgia doesn't want to pay and it's sad because CNA jobs can be extremly demanding as well as almost demeaning.

Good luck. I gave up and went into customer service at a retail store....I earn just as much without coming home stressed and burnt out!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:14 AM

305 posts, read 1,001,187 times
You know what I am going to print this thread out and show it to my hubby, as an incentive to leave this place, I did a post on here approx one year ago and I am now working as a tech at a hospital. The pay sucks, the benefits are almost gone, no tution reimbursement, and the health benefits I cannot afford becuz I dont make enough money to pay for them and eat. sunshine 38 I am one step ahead of you, I am giving back my apt, I am renting a room from my inlaws and saving up my money should be about 3 to 6 months and I am out.
for ex. I brought home a paycheck the other day. 499.00 for 5 days of work, (I almost vomitted)

Old 10-11-2009, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,554 times
It is so interesting to read all of the comments on this site, becasue I moved here last June and I thought in order for me to get a job that I needed to get my cna license back to quickly get a job, unfortunately that is not the case, I went back to a quick start CNA class to get certified in Ga, but the only work I have obtained is homecare at $9 an hour and that is only part time; so after reading the comments I am really considering another field. May God Bless each and every one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: