Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post

Northerners are complete fakes . Who watch their fellow citizens jump ,burn and be crushed in sky scrappers by radicals ,then walk by like nothing is going on when the radicals stand in the streets of downtown NYC in broad daylight and threaten to do it again . It was on vidio showing a few muslim men stomping our flag while displaying the jihad muslim flag , cursing America and screaming , 'allah ackbar like they did before they flew into the buildings ' and making threats . Like you yankees were invaded by the body snatchers or something. No emotions, no honor for their dead, just walking on by .
Looks like we have an overripe peach. The fuzz is starting to go moldy.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 PM

8 posts, read 15,256 times
There were no 'good old days' around here. If the very wealthy today had bumper stickers that read "Heritage and not hate''- that would make sense. And they wouldn't dare because they KNOW what the outcome for them would have been in another life. But the 16 hr day dry-wall guy sings dixie all day long.. whats wrong here???

The sad fact is, the South really didn't get the Gov it deserved. I couldn't be happier to leave either. If I raised a child(s) here I would insist on trips around the world to combat the mental suffering natives go through here.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 AM

750 posts, read 2,275,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post
There were no 'good old days' around here. If the very wealthy today had bumper stickers that read "Heritage and not hate''- that would make sense. And they wouldn't dare because they KNOW what the outcome for them would have been in another life. But the 16 hr day dry-wall guy sings dixie all day long.. whats wrong here???

The sad fact is, the South really didn't get the Gov it deserved. I couldn't be happier to leave either. If I raised a child(s) here I would insist on trips around the world to combat the mental suffering natives go through here.

Where do you live now?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

27 posts, read 111,111 times
[quote=Ga.Peach;4833578]

Northerners are complete fakes . Who watch their fellow citizens jump ,burn and be crushed in sky scrappers by radicals ,then walk by like nothing is going on when the radicals stand in the streets of downtown NYC in broad daylight and threaten to do it again . It was on vidio showing a few muslim men stomping our flag while displaying the jihad muslim flag , cursing America and screaming , 'allah ackbar like they did before they flew into the buildings ' and making threats . Like you yankees were invaded by the body snatchers or something. No emotions, no honor for their dead, just walking on by .
quote]

With all due respect:

I would strongly argue that our fellow Americans from NYC most certainly did have - and do continue to have - deep emotions and honor for the dead of 9/11. Many New Yorkers pass that site every day to go to work. These Yankees did not need to watch a video to see and smell the sights of that day.

Have you, my friend, ever actually been to NYC?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:40 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
[quote=Natali26;4847041]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post

quote]

With all due respect:

I would strongly argue that our fellow Americans from NYC most certainly did have - and do continue to have - deep emotions and honor for the dead of 9/11. Many New Yorkers pass that site every day to go to work. These Yankees did not need to watch a video to see and smell the sights of that day.

Have you, my friend, ever actually been to NYC?
Natali, I lived in NYC and worked for many years for a company that was based there. No one that does not live there can understand what the residents of that city have been through or what they feel to this day. Your comments are spot on.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
[quote=LovinDecatur;4849530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natali26 View Post

Natali, I lived in NYC and worked for many years for a company that was based there. No one that does not live there can understand what the residents of that city have been through or what they feel to this day. Your comments are spot on.

Just by coincidence, I've read two of your posts in quick succession. I didn't plan on it; it just happened. I was going through the various threads in no particular order.

In a matter of minutes, I read two completely contradictory statements.

In an earlier post you said that you have lived your entire life in Atlanta. This was dated in May of this year.

Now, you are saying quite the opposite. This post states that you lived in New York City for many years.

I'm not here on this forum to make waves. No! However, If the input on this forum is not accurate or factual, how can people trust the data?

Our opinions can be quite different and we can discuss it here, but let's get the information and data correct.

Last edited by Zel Ya; 08-13-2008 at 08:05 PM..

Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
[quote=Zel Ya;4850320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post

Just by coincidence, I've read two of your posts in quick succession. I didn't plan on it; it just happened. I was going through the various threads in no particular order.

In a matter of minutes, I read two completely contradictory statements.

In an earlier post you said that you have lived your entire life in Atlanta. This was dated in May of this year.

Now, you are saying quite the opposite. This post states that you lived in New York City for many years.

I'm not here on this forum to make waves. No! However, If the input on this forum is not accurate or factual, how can people trust the data?

Our opinions can be quite different and we can discuss it here, but let's get the information and data correct.
For the record, I grew up in Atlanta. (1955-1973)
Lived in FL (1973-1977)
Washington, DC (1977-1980)
Atlanta (1980-1983)
NYC (1983-1987)
FL (1987- 1989)
Atlanta (1989-present)
Satisfied, stalker?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 PM

BTW...for all of you who have this notion of places like Boston and NY (both places I've lived for many years) and think that northern cities are utopias of racial equality, tolerance, and diversity, you may want to review this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/bosto...on-racist.html

Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
BTW...for all of you who have this notion of places like Boston and NY (both places I've lived for many years) and think that northern cities are utopias of racial equality, tolerance, and diversity, you may want to review this thread.
Every city has some type of racism but any other New Yorker and person from the Northeast will tell you that the South is more "In Your Face" with it; that's what all my friends from Philly, NY, and New Jersey tell me. I know that NYC had that Sean Bell (did I get that right?) fiasco and I saw video from AMNY and most were not happy. In the South you have more history of being less diverse and proud of it. I'm still ATL till I die but I guess I hang with to many NY and Philly people. I'm native and I don't see the problem with transplants moving here in droves;I think it's a good thing.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
Every city has some type of racism but any other New Yorker and person from the Northeast will tell you that the South is more "In Your Face" with it;
I might agree with you if you compare urban centers like Boston with rural areas in GA or Alabama, but that's not an apples to apples comparison. If you compare Atlanta with another urban area like Boston, I'm here to tell you that Boston is overwhelmingly white and segregated, and I saw more overt racism than I've ever seen in Atlanta, even 25 years ago.

Heard of Howard Beach, Bensonhurst, or Crown Heights, NY? South Boston, Charlestown, MA?

I love NYC and enjoyed my time in New England, but to read some of the comments where people who may have lived there for a couple of years in college think it's a paradise of social tolerance, while they trash Atlanta as being some redneck backwater makes me shake my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta