Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 6,942 times

Advertisements

Hey all.
Our school semester starts in about a month, and I'm desparately looking for roommates. I'm leasing a house and due to school changes my two other roommates are no longer living there. I've put ads up on craigslist.com, roommates.com and other sites but I've got nothing.
Is there anywhere else I could go?
Please help me with suggestions. I can't afford this alone and I don't have time to get another job

This is close to the ad i've been posting (this was before one transferred):

My roommate and I are looking for another roomie. We are KSU students, and both fun and laid back. She is 22, and I'm 21. Her major is Nursing; I'm a Sport Management major. We are looking for another fun female- sorry no drama. We do go out to clubs/bars together, you're always more than welcome to come
The house is about 5 mins from the mall and about 1.5 mile from I75. You don't have to get on 75 to get to the campus; it's less than two miles. It's also about 10 mins from Acworth Beach, i have other friends that live around the area and we normally use their pool if we have free time
The house is a 3 bed- 2 bath (adding another room soon= rent would go down)
395 rent includes phone, dsl, trash and sewage. other utilities would be split
The bedroom is about 9x12, maybe a little bigger
The backyard is fenced and we also have free storage available.
you would share common areas: den, kitchen, bathroom, large deck, etc
Gas, electric, and water would be split. It's normally less than 80 after the split.
Contact me if you're interester (# and Email)
thanks
BonnieMarie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 09:18 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
Thumbs up Make advertisement and post on Campus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie7286 View Post
Hey all.
Our school semester starts in about a month, and I'm desparately looking for roommates. I'm leasing a house and due to school changes my two other roommates are no longer living there. I've put ads up on craigslist.com, roommates.com and other sites but I've got nothing.
Please help me with suggestions. I can't afford this alone and I don't have time to get another job

My roommate and I are looking for another roomie. We are KSU students, and both fun and laid back. She is 22, and I'm 21. Her major is Nursing; I'm a Sport Management major. We are looking for another fun female- sorry no drama. We do go out to clubs/bars together, you're always more than welcome to come
The house is about 5 mins from the mall and about 1.5 mile from I75. You don't have to get on 75 to get to the campus; it's less than two miles. It's also about 10 mins from Acworth Beach, i have other friends that live around the area and we normally use their pool if we have free time
Gas, electric, and water would be split. It's normally less than 80 after the split.
thanks
BonnieMarie

You should post the ad on campus in the Student Center, Cafeteria, Housing Office/List Serve, Financial Aid office and around places were students congregate and hang out like campus restaurants close to KSU and on Facebook/Myspace groups/list serves that are associated with KSU and otherwise. I've found that to be successful with housing in the AUC that I rent out to students. Hope that helps .

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 07-14-2008 at 10:19 AM..

Old 07-14-2008, 10:07 AM

894 posts, read 4,348,545 times
are you on facebook or my space?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
craigslist is how I find my roommates.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,865 times
Hi! I am an incoming Georgia State grad student wanting to live in Kennesaw or near (my boyfriend goes to Kennesaw and I want to be near him). I am all but desperately looking for a roommate as well, and I've been a bit frightened by some of the craigs list postings so I haven't found anyone yet. I have my forum settings where you can email me directly from here, so please do. For the record, I'm a normal, non-psychotic, pay my rent, and won't steal your stuff (or boyfriend) student and from your post you sound quite normal as well. Please do email me so we can talk, possibly meet, and see about maybe being able to help each other out. (If for some reason the email doesn't work just repost and I'll get my contact info to you some way.) Thanks!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,632 times
Hi, i am looking for a place to move to for the Spring 09 semester. I am in my third year at KSU and i am looking for a fun no drama place to live. I do have a small kennel / house broken puppy. She is about 15 lbs. My email is {moderator removed}: No private email addresses please. Use city-date private site mail! , if you could email me and let me know if you have an available room i would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 11-20-2008 at 10:53 PM..

Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,679,870 times
On this board, first you'll want to do is post pics of you and your roommate.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:39 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie7286 View Post
Hey all.

thanks
BonnieMarie

Please be advised that Cobb County has a Roommate Ordinance Law. As far as I know, only TWO UNRELATED PEOPLE may share a house. Three unrelated people sharing a house together would be a clear violation of the law.

You might want to check the monetary and legal consequences for breaking the Cobb County Roommate Ordinance Law. College students generally don't have a lot of money to pay fines.

One purpose of the Cobb County Roommate Ordinance Law was to target the gay and lesbian community. Since Cobb County right-wing Republicans have their fingerprints on this roommate ordinance law, I would not want to hazard a guess as to the legal consequences for breaking the law. These days right-wing Republicans are not happy campers, so who knows where breaking the law might lead.

If you're heterosexual, you may have nothing to fear except a monetary fine. However if you're homosexual, all bets are off.

I would suggest that Cobb County residents not seek roommates on Craigslist, since to do so would be breaking the county law. Law enforcement agencies are monitoring Craigslist to a much greater degree these days.

Hopefully, this absurd roommate ordinance law will be taken off the books. Currently, 350,000 Georgians are unemployed, and it's projected that as many as 500,000 Georgians may be unemployed within a year or so. Where are these unemployed folks supposed to live?

Three or four roommates sharing a house should certainly be an option in Cobb County.

For Cobb County residents, one alternative is to rent a house in Fulton County. In Fulton County, FOUR UNRELATED PEOPLE may share a house.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:40 PM

81 posts, read 310,646 times
Zel-ya, Do you have any first hand experience with the laws you are stating or any post 1975 case law regarding this? Or is this just an attempt to turn a post into a political anti republican post?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:13 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlv289 View Post
Zel-ya, Do you have any first hand experience with the laws you are stating or any post 1975 case law regarding this? Or is this just an attempt to turn a post into a political anti republican post?

I don't live in Cobb County nor do I have roommates, so I have no first hand experience pertaining to this specific roommate ordinance law.

However I am aware of the ordinance, and I'm sure that a rather significant number of metro residents are not. Apparently these Cobb County college students are not well-informed and don't have a clue as to the possible legal ramifications concerning unrelated roommates.

In addition, it's one thing to be seeking roommates through mutual friends and acquaintances, but it's quite another thing to be seeking roommates on Craigslist which is a clear violation of the Cobb County Roommate Ordinance law.

I do feel that this roommate ordinance is an injustice and blatantly discriminatory, so I'm going to point fingers at the movers and shakers in Cobb County, which just happen to be right-wing Republican zealots. Surprise! Surprise! I can guarantee you that most of the movers and shakers in Cobb County are not Democrats.

As far as I know Fulton County has many more college students than Cobb County, and yet their roommate ordinance law is much more accomodating and rational.

There's certain reasons why this roommate ordinance law is on the books. Not discussing this dynamic would not make sense. What are the "real" reasons why Fulton County allows FOUR UNRELATED PEOPLE to share a house, and Cobb County only allows TWO UNRELATED PEOPLE to share a house? Tell me!

Yes, Kennesaw State University is in the equation but so is homophobia. From my point of view, homophobia takes center stage. We're talking about Cobb County. Duh!

If you feel threatened because Georgia is becoming less conservative and Republican, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta