Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:14 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,275,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDuritz View Post
By the way, yesterday I went to "The School Box" thinking that I could find some teaching resources, but I found it quite limited. I was specially looking for these huge books you can use to read in the classroom, kids sitting on the floor. But I found nothing. Does anyone know where could I find this kind of books? You know, nursery rhymes, fairy tales or even some science stuff (I've used one about the Water Cycle that was really cool).

I've already tried Borders and Barns and Novels.

Thank you.

There's a bookstore in Decatur called the Little Shop of Stories:

http://littleshopofstories.com/allAboutus/ (broken link)

I've never actually been there, but they claim to have a very wide selection of children's books so they might have what you're looking for.

Since Decatur is rather far from the Perimeter Mall area, your best bet would probably be to take the MARTA rail from the Perimeter station to Five Points and transfer over to the East-West line out to Decatur. All of Decatur is very walkable and it would make a lovely day trip. The trip on the train might give you a good opportunity to strike up conversations as well.

I'll tell you what. If you decide you want to take the trip out to Decatur, I'll try to meet you for lunch. Perhaps we can even get LovinDecatur to join us.

Last edited by IntownHomes247; 07-22-2008 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
There's a bookstore in Decatur called the Little Shop of Stories:

Little Shop of Stories :: All About Us (broken link)

I've never actually been there, but they claim to have a very wide selection of children's books so they might have what you're looking for.

Since Decatur is rather far from the Perimeter Mall area, your best bet would probably be to take the MARTA rail from the Perimeter station to Five Points and transfer over to the East-West line out to Decatur. All of Decatur is very walkable and it would make a lovely day trip. The trip on the train might give you a good opportunity to strike up conversations as well.

I'll tell you what. If you decide you want to take the trip out to Decatur, I'll try to meet you for lunch. Perhaps we can even get LovinDecatur to join us.
Intown, that is very sweet of you but I'm on St Simons Island all summer being lazy with my sister!
LSOS is a great children's bookshop; for teacher resources, though, I would check out the following:

www.abcschoolsupply.com

Yes, Mr Duritz would dig the Brick Store Pub, I'm guessing...

Old 07-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Intown, that is very sweet of you but I'm on St Simons Island all summer being lazy with my sister!
Wow. Nice work if you can get it.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 AM

25 posts, read 81,089 times
Thank you, guys. I'm checking those places right now and I'll try to go next week. I might drive there but I don't like driving in such a big unkown city. I'm getting lost for sure. I could go with my brother... he's my personal GPS when I'm driving here!

Now I've seen that Counting Crows are playing in Charlotte next monday... I would kill for going there... but all the people I know here work on monday and tuesday... I saw them in Cardiff (Wales) in 2003 and I think it's time to have seconds...

Any CC fan ready for an 8 hour drive for a concert? Don't worry, I understand it. They're coming to Atlanta in October. Anyway, I don't think there are any tickets left.

Have fun and take care.

P.S.: Intown, I jot down that lunch. What time do you have lunch here? 12h? 13? (In Spain we usually have it at 14h-15h!)

Old 07-23-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDuritz View Post
P.S.: Intown, I jot down that lunch. What time do you have lunch here? 12h? 13? (In Spain we usually have it at 14h-15h!)

Either is fine. Lunch or afternoon snack. Just let me know a couple of days in advance when you plan to come to Decatur so I can be sure my schedule is clear.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 PM

58 posts, read 221,061 times
Of course you're bored. Atlanta has nothing to offer. It's a dead city, no pulse.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:09 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
How about a therapist?
you were so wrong for that.LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta