Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
So now everyone knows about the infamous Manhattan "scene". If Atlanta doesn't parallel it in any way, then what I write won't go in that direction. I tend not to be the bar and club scene type. I wonder if I could be accused of soliciting if I asked for interviewees on East Aiko? You are right that Atlanta isn't all that "Southern" I totally agree. I decided to post here because the honest truth is I am scared to drive in ATL, nearly got runned over once and thats no lie.
I meant to say on East Andrews, which is the name of the new bar scene in Buckhead since the old one went out the door...their is restaurant/bar/lounge called Aiko on that street...my mistake...there is also a bar by the name of East Andrews as well. Some good restaurants where you can get a good "Sex In The City" vibe would be One Midtown Kitchen, Tap, Two Urban Licks, Lobby@12, Shout, Twist to name a few. But the leading restaurant groups here in Atlanta that have been at the forefront of the industry are H2S & Concentrics Restaurants. All of the restaurants I mentioned above are their creations so take a look at their websites and have at it!

Those aren't all the Sex & The City Vibe restaurants in Atlanta but it's a GREAT start .

You could also check out Virginia Highlands but it's not as "Sex In The City" as Midtown & Buckhead IMO...

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 07-25-2008 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,207 times
Bad for women-especially if they are no longer in their 20s and intersted in bars and clubs. In a city that is spoken of as having 7 women (or 10, who knows? it depends on if you factor in gays) for every man, you should have a blast. I find it very interesting that so many single women (especially afflunet single women) are drawn to big cities, where there is more competition. Maybe that's one reason this "Chick Lit" is so popular.
I also believe another thing. No matter where you go, people are going to complain about the opposite sex-its just human nature or some type of tribal bonding. I'm sure even women in San Francisco and men in Manhattan are like this.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:41 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Quote:
Bad for women-especially if they are no longer in their 20s and intersted in bars and clubs. In a city that is spoken of as having 7 women (or 10, who knows? it depends on if you factor in gays) for every man, you should have a blast. I find it very interesting that so many single women (especially afflunet single women) are drawn to big cities, where there is more competition. Maybe that's one reason this "Chick Lit" is so popular.
I also believe another thing. No matter where you go, people are going to complain about the opposite sex-its just human nature or some type of tribal bonding. I'm sure even women in San Francisco and men in Manhattan are like this.
In San Diego it's the opposite problem. There's a lot more men than women since it's a military town. San Diego is easy for a girl to get a guy, so all the good girls are taken. That is why I jokingly say that the theme song for San Diego should be "It's Raining Men".

Old 07-25-2008, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 10,372 times
Quote:
In a city that is spoken of as having 7 women (or 10, who knows? it depends on if you factor in gays) for every man, you should have a blast.
omg, i can't wait to move to atlanta

Old 07-27-2008, 03:43 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby Wales View Post
omg, i can't wait to move to atlanta

LOL..Take it easy....Be patient, young (horny) one.....j/k

Old 07-27-2008, 01:22 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,834,932 times
Quote:
7 women for each man? Don't lie like that. It may be 1.1 or 1.2 women for each 1.0 men. However, in some areas of the city, I'm sure that it's the reverse: midtown for example.

In the suburbs, however, the ratio of men to women is fairly equal.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
7 women for each man? Don't lie like that. It may be 1.1 or 1.2 women for each 1.0 men. However, in some areas of the city, I'm sure that it's the reverse: midtown for example.

In the suburbs, however, the ratio of men to women is fairly equal.

Im not sure if your numbers are accurate either. We have to look at different factors, such as race, age, location, and whole lot of other variables before making assumptions or should I say guestimations like that. I have heard that the ratio of women to men in say, the African American community as a whole have numbers closer to the 7 to 1. There again, I'd have to look at real stats before believing any of that. Not sure, but I would prefer cold, hard and accurate stats.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 AM

288 posts, read 958,964 times
Quick question, what is the ratio in Dunwoody? Ive noticed at the different restaurants/small taverns that its always a sausagefest. Any input? Im thinking with Midtown that us straight fellas this would be a great man/woman ratio because of the dudes there, most are gay, so picking up the ladies there should be good for a straight guy.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
I'm a single male. Which one of you fine ladies wants me first?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:32 AM

288 posts, read 958,964 times
actually g-man, I think its mostly fellas in here, so unless they are crossdressers, you may be looking for something thats not here, lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: