Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,153 times

Advertisements

I have been searching online for the history of the house I just moved into. I am not some wack job--I am a serious PHD student, but I keep seeing figures out of the corner of my eye. There are some old rural shack buildings around our property, (my landlord's grandfather's BBQ restaurant), but the house itself has been remodeled and does not creep me out. I feel comfortable in it, I don't get a weird vibe, but it broad day light and at night I see flashes of people-figures. Tonight I saw a large man outside of the porch twice and thought it was my eyes playing tricks with the light. I tried to look into the light and than look outside, but I could not get the trick to repeat in anyway. I could not make out his face, but he wore a red shirt. In the backyard, in the day time, I sometimes feel like someone whizzes by me. I confronted my even more serious boyfriend and he says he'll see things out of the corner of his eye. He did not think much of it, but he also said he did not think I was crazy. The whole thing would not be that weird if it did not happen so often and in the same fashion. I know I am in a new place, but I am a pretty tough girl-I don't have any reason to get scared out in the open, in broad daylight. My health is fine. The house itself feels very safe. Its just that the yard is, not creepy, but "active". I thought about the civil war history. Are there any similar reportings anyone has heard of? I thought about just asking my landlord--I would have to tell him, look I know this sounds crazy but...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 05:18 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Interesting! There's a local group of ghost hunters called ghost hounds or something. Look into them, maybe they would come out and see what they find. Google "Patrick Burns ghost" and you should able to find them!

We are getting ready to move into an old 1860 farmhouse in Va. I love ghost stories, but really don't want to be living with one,lol...but I am interested in finding out the history of my new house too

Old 07-25-2008, 05:36 AM

193 posts, read 693,104 times
Call TAPS, they do a show called Ghost Hunters on sci-fi. They come in as skeptics with legit equipment and try to document any haunts. The "figure out of corner of my eye" has been common in some of the places they have been. As far as I know they haven't been to Atlanta yet. You may just want to watch the show too, its pretty good and might give you some ideas on how to capture audio or video evidence.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:41 AM

513 posts, read 1,632,382 times
I don't doubt that people "see" things, but I don't believe in ghosts at all. Nada.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post
I don't doubt that people "see" things, but I don't believe in ghosts at all. Nada.

That's ok, some people don't. I do. But I don't think she posted this as a thread to debate ghosts

Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 AM

426 posts, read 1,446,411 times
OK, so I don't buy into the ghost thing either... However, I lived in an old farmhouse in rural Louisiana for a couple of years right out of college. Never thought anything of it until one night I was home alone cleaning the kitchen and this feeling came over me that I had to leave the house NOW. I left all the cleaning products on the counter, literally ran to get a bag and drove three hours to my then boyfriend's (now husband) house. This was in the pre-cellphone days and I didn't even pause before I left the house to call and tell him I was coming. So I am a stick-in-the-mud statistician who believes nothing until you show me the numbers, but I can empathize with the OP. You should try to track down the history of your house, or the land that it is on. We later found out that someone had killed themselves in the garage of our old Louisiana house!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
That's ok, some people don't. I do. But I don't think she posted this as a thread to debate ghosts
Sure, debate probably isn't what the thread is about, but I'm just giving my opinion that if I was in the OP's position I'd probably just chill about it. Then again, I've never seen anything I'd consider from another realm (well, I have seen Tiny Tim on the Tonight Show).

Old 09-12-2008, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,971 times
Default Scottdale Hauntings

I live in Scottdale in an old house as well. They think it was built in 1915. I have never seen anything strange at my home but have always felt that I may. We bought the house from the people that bought the house from the original owners. They said that my house was a happy home. However, they said that the original owner's dead body was viewed in my kitchen at his funeral. Yuck. This is an old area of Atlanta and am not surprised that you are seeing what you are seeing. You should call Coast to Coast to tell your story. This is a radio show that can offer good advise and connect you to the right folks in our area. Good luck. Ghosts do exist and are harmless so don't be frightened.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:47 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
I have lived in very old buildings and very new...the three times that I experienced 'paranormal activity' (and believe me, it was intense), it happened to take place in an apartment building that was about 10 years old.
It started with light switches going on and off at exactly the same time every night (12:30). It went on to waking up to find a man standing in my room (black, wearing overalls), and then retreating into the closet. It got to the point where I called in a psychic (sleep became difficult; dreams were violent).
I was told that indeed, there was a presence... a man who lived in a home whose foundation was located directly beneath my apartment. He had a daughter who wandered off into the woods and never returned...he was still searching for her.
I would have dismissed these 'visions' as being in a dream state if not for the fact that my husband woke up at the same time and cried out, "what is it? WHAT IS IT?".
Whether you are a 'believer' or not, this is what happened.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchap View Post
You should call Coast to Coast to tell your story. This is a radio show that can offer good advise and connect you to the right folks in our area. Good luck. Ghosts do exist and are harmless so don't be frightened.
Coast To Coast? I think it should be mandatory for people in this country to watch Penn & Teller's BS show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta