Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,298 times

Advertisements

Hey! We would love to meet some other lesbian parents. We are in Murrayville GA (between Dahlonega and Gainesville) and have barely made any connections up here. We have a 3 year old girl and would love to have friends with a family too! Reply if interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 06:27 PM

oops- here is my e-mail. {Moderator Removed}: Please do not post personal email addresses in the forums. Use this site's private site mail feature to contact instead. Thank you.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 09-06-2008 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-07-2008, 12:28 PM

how do i contact someone using the site's email feature? i can't find anything about that.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyabc123 View Post
how do i contact someone using the site's email feature? i can't find anything about that.
Click on the person's screen name in the corner of the post. A drop-down menu will appear with one option being, "Send a direct message to....". Click that, fill in the blanks, and it will go privately to them. In the Upper-right of your computer screen when you're in the forums area, it will let you know how many (if any) *direct messages* you have waiting to be viewed.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,457 times
Hey guys...My partner and I moved from Florida over 3 years ago. We had a great realtor that steered us in the right direcrtion which ended up being Roswell, GA. We were looking up in Alpharetta as well but found Roswell to be younger, more hip, and excepting of the gay lifestyle. Its also closer to the city for the occasional weekend outing. Hit me up if you need more specifics. You would love The Atlanta area. We lived in Florida for over 15 years and this was one of the best decisions of our life. I'm 36 and my partner is 38.
Thanks..Mike

Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,410 times
I live in Florida now but will be relocating to Ga in the next few months. I am also in a same sex relationship with my best friend of 20 years and she just leased a townhome in Cumming Ga. She has been in different areas around Atlanta for the past 4 years and she prefers Cumming/Alpharetta. We just decided to go ahead and get married and I move there in Feb. 2010. I have 2 children also. I am a little worried about Cumming after reading some of these posts......should I be worried?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,673 times
I posted earlier that I live in Cumming. Ok so I'm straight BUT my husband and I are very liberal and accepting. We have raised our children that was as well. My second grader came home from school and read a book about a family with 2 moms. I almost cried that to her it was just a family story. We are doing the right thing. If you treat it as a normal thing they just accept it. It's beautiful! There are some of us liberals up here and would love it if you lived here. It's improving everyday.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,673 times
Did I mention that we are here from Florida as well?

Old 06-12-2013, 11:48 AM

164 posts, read 322,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scannion View Post
I live in Florida now but will be relocating to Ga in the next few months. I am also in a same sex relationship with my best friend of 20 years and she just leased a townhome in Cumming Ga. She has been in different areas around Atlanta for the past 4 years and she prefers Cumming/Alpharetta. We just decided to go ahead and get married and I move there in Feb. 2010. I have 2 children also. I am a little worried about Cumming after reading some of these posts......should I be worried?
I lived in Cumming for a long time but I moved to Iowa to be with my wife we have 3 children. How do you like Cumming now? I want to relocate back to Georgia but I'm curious to know how Cumming has changed and how accepting people are now.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM

164 posts, read 322,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFMamma View Post
I posted earlier that I live in Cumming. Ok so I'm straight BUT my husband and I are very liberal and accepting. We have raised our children that was as well. My second grader came home from school and read a book about a family with 2 moms. I almost cried that to her it was just a family story. We are doing the right thing. If you treat it as a normal thing they just accept it. It's beautiful! There are some of us liberals up here and would love it if you lived here. It's improving everyday.
Reading your post made me smile. Its 2013 now but what school did your second grader go to my oldest went to Sawnee Elementary. I moved to Iowa in the Summer of 2009 from Cumming! I miss it terribly and want to relocate back with my wife and kids. I am a little nervous, I lived in Hunters Chase on Canton Hwy behind the Kroger on Bethelview. I loved Sawnee Elementary but my neighbors were less to be desired. They were a bit stuck up and talked under breath so I'm curious if things have changed since then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta