Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times

Advertisements

Hey...it's nice to have a civil conversation with you BringBackCobain! Let's do it more often...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
It really isnt that bad. I go down there because they have Hot sneaker stores and if you look at it , it looks like fordham rd in the bronx minus the Gap. When im down there i see lots off tourist they dont seem to be scared. Plus everything doesnt have to be upscale.
Very true.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
People get killed and robbed in the suburbs In places like cobb county gwinnett county and north fulton .Most of our crimes mainly happen in the suburbs.
Really? This web site looks fairly busy to me:

Atlanta Crime Map - Showing Crime in Atlanta, GA - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

Old 11-24-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Six total shootings in 3 months, spread throughout the city and suburbs - and not a single one at Five Points or Underground. A small few other crimes - theft, buglary, etc - that look like they could possibly be at Five Points or Underground. Actually the majority of the criminal activity represented on that map is not Downtown...some of it is, but most of it is outside the 4 square mile Downtown area.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:10 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,521,082 times
Quote:
People get killed and robbed in the suburbs In places like cobb county gwinnett county and north fulton .Most of our crimes mainly happen in the suburbs.
That sounds about right.

What with all the UA hatred??? It seems ok to me. Ive taking a few of my chicks down there, even at night never had an issue.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Six total shootings in 3 months, spread throughout the city and suburbs - and not a single one at Five Points or Underground. A small few other crimes - theft, buglary, etc - that look like they could possibly be at Five Points or Underground. Actually the majority of the criminal activity represented on that map is not Downtown...some of it is, but most of it is outside the 4 square mile Downtown area.
That map is all City of Atlanta as far as I know. It doesn't surprise me, though, that the majority of certain types of crimes appear to take place in residential areas, though, and not in the downtown area.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
That map is all City of Atlanta as far as I know. It doesn't surprise me, though, that the majority of certain types of crimes appear to take place in residential areas, though, and not in the downtown area.
Right...that map includes city as well as metro areas. The point is that MOST of the crime is not happening at Five Points or even in Downtown Atlanta.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 PM

341 posts, read 1,337,612 times
Quote:

^^^
Did I miss something??? Six shootings in 3 months??? Thats not right, Just off watching the news alone Im sure the metro has had six shootings since last Friday. I saw in the AJC the other day how Riverdale High School has had 3 students get killed from gun violence just this school year

Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
^^^
Did I miss something??? Six shootings in 3 months??? Thats not right, Just off watching the news alone Im sure the metro has had six shootings since last Friday. I saw in the AJC the other day how Riverdale High School has had 3 students get killed from gun violence just this school year
Sometimes it seems like there is constant crime in the news, but if you look back and start counting them up...the numbers are usually much less than you would think.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Right...that map includes city as well as metro areas. The point is that MOST of the crime is not happening at Five Points or even in Downtown Atlanta.
More precisely, the crime being described on that web site is all City of Atlanta, and none of it represents suburban activity.

(I don't consider residential areas inside the city limits of Atlanta itself to be "suburbs" ... YMMV).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta