Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 09:25 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times

Advertisements

By, 'Big', I mean 'Significant'---I don't care who knows--I will be turning 60 on September 11. Believe me, being born on 911 has been 'Interesting', long before 2001--but I want to Do Something Memorable--pleasantly memorable.

So---Experts--Boomers and those who know the city--Lovin Decatur, George Chong--looking in your directions becaused I enjoy your areas greatly.

I have a friend who is 4 whole days 'Older' and would like to get her back to civilization, she migrated to Toccoa, which is beautiful but too 'Tranquil' for this city girl.

K started off at W.D. Thomson with me and we were in Brownies together, never really knew each other at BHS--class of over 600. We became roommates and friends our first year out of college--teachers--living a wild, single life at Mountain Trace Apartments on Memorial Drive--then we proceeded to live all over the city. Everywhere but Va Highland--where I should have planted myself years ago. Why did I not do this?

So--a Big '60' celebration--very small and it will involve the imbibing of spirits, if that helps.

I hear of great places to eat/drink but rarely go --so any suggestions from those who do get out and about will be appreciated.

LOL--What I plan to do---have a picture taken of myself wearing the green dress I found at Last Chance Thrift store for 'a song'. I will have my hairdresser 'Do Something' with my hair--put it up and look just like Vivien Leigh/Scarlett--Kathie thinks I am certifiable--but I think this is just what I need to do--I could go about for the evening in the 'Green Velvet Dress' --add the curtain rods, like Carol Burnett and I would have some fun. I have never done anything like this, well, only a few things--but it is my birthday and that is what I want to do.

Y'all Come--everybody/anybody that wants to---I can even make my own birthday cake- Domestic Goddess that I am. Still looking for the elusive prince---all you Hugh Jackmans/Craig Fergusons--the line forms to the Right.

tia

TakeAhike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
LOL--What I plan to do---have a picture taken of myself wearing the green dress I found at Last Chance Thrift store for 'a song'. I will have my hairdresser 'Do Something' with my hair--put it up and look just like Vivien Leigh/Scarlett
Hike - I hope you're a woman.

Well, it's Atlanta. Doesn't matter. LOL. Happy early birthday.

Start at the Vortex in Little Five Points. Migrate to Virginia Highlands.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Hike - I hope you're a woman.

Well, it's Atlanta. Doesn't matter. LOL. Happy early birthday.

Start at the Vortex in Little Five Points. Migrate to Virginia Highlands.
, Yes, Greg, I am a 'Girl'--usually thought of as the 'Crazy Lady'--or just 'B', by other drivers on the roads of Atlanta after I curse them for their obnoxious driving.

That would be fun but I want to find one nice place. I see them and people talk about places to eat and drink but I don't really know the most Special Place to celebrate this b'day. Thanks, for the Congrats, you should come when I figure out where/what to do.

I like all kinds of food, FWIW and stay in the moderate price range--LOL--I should celebrate at Wendy's or Taco Bell--I frequent both.

Kathie and I visited Midtown Plaza?/Trader Joe's Shopping Center and I thought Apres Diem looked interesting--they have a Sunday Brunch and Kathie's b'day is on Sunday, so that may be The Place.

Where are other great brunch spots?

TakeAhike

Old 08-05-2008, 06:44 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
TakeAHike, I think a visit to Pittypat's Porch is in order...little has changed there since you graduated from BHS and the fried chicken is still good.

Sincerely.
LD
A Fellow Virgo

PS The kids at Kittredge Elementary always envied those at WD Thompson because they had the best cafeteria in the DeKalb Co school system.
And remember the Saturday morning matinees at Toco Hills Theatre?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:55 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Happy early birthday as well!

Brunch spots:

Pura Vida
Shaun's Social Club & Restaurant - 404.577.4358 1029 Edgewood Avenue NE Atlanta, GA 30307
www.thumbsupdiner.com - Home - go early or prepare to wait.

And my last suggestion is at the Waverly Hotel just inside the perimeter by Cumberland Mall. Atlanta American Restaurants & Award-Winning Atlanta Sunday Brunch at Waverly A little bit more expensive but well worth it and you can dine for a long time and listen to whatever live performers they might have that day.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
TakeAHike, I think a visit to Pittypat's Porch is in order...little has changed there since you graduated from BHS and the fried chicken is still good.

Sincerely.
LD
A Fellow Virgo

PS The kids at Kittredge Elementary always envied those at WD Thompson because they had the best cafeteria in the DeKalb Co school system.
And remember the Saturday morning matinees at Toco Hills Theatre?
The 'Best' cafeteria---not in my book. The bran muffins--dripping with grease. I simply could not eat them and we Had to eat everything on our tray, every day--starving children in China/Africa, etc. We did a lot of Unicef drives and were very aware of global issues--Michael Douglas and Brangelina would have been so proud of us. Poking gentle fun--I am concerned about what is occurring across the globe---glad that some/anyone is trying to stop any injustice.

LD, all Virgos are very, very 'Special' you do know that? 'True Blue' and all that. LOL--'Perfect'--that well defines this sign. You must attend the Gala--whatever it turns out to be---drove through Decatur today and saw a few interesting places....Such a wonderful decision to make---What Do I Want to Eat???

I know several 'Girls of September'/cough/ 'Boys of October' ain't got nuttin on us.

How about crepes--I love crepes. Where are the best crepes in Atlanta?

TakeAhike

Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Happy early birthday as well!

Brunch spots:

Pura Vida
Shaun's Social Club & Restaurant - 404.577.4358 1029 Edgewood Avenue NE Atlanta, GA 30307
www.thumbsupdiner.com - Home - go early or prepare to wait.

And my last suggestion is at the Waverly Hotel just inside the perimeter by Cumberland Mall. Atlanta American Restaurants & Award-Winning Atlanta Sunday Brunch at Waverly A little bit more expensive but well worth it and you can dine for a long time and listen to whatever live performers they might have that day.

Hugs, George--you have the best FYI.

I will let you know what/where the grand gala is to be. Such an Event should receive media coverage--I will get Boortz to fly me to FL in his plane--I like seafood and he has the $$$ ---he and Hannity 'Owe' me Big Time--that is all I can say, legally.

My Personality Disorder is more Profound and infinitely more Interesting than Boortz's--so glad our paths did not cross on Roswell Rd in the Swinging '70's--he was less obnoxious then--had the hot air balloon and a bit of humility and a few strands of hair. Anyway--Boortz owes me. Holding my breath until he pays...worse, much worse than Clark Howard about ' The Check'...but, you know.

TakeAhike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta