Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM

5 posts, read 16,095 times

Advertisements

My question is concerning a neighborhood called "Woodland Parks at Summerlin" off Lower Fayetteville Rd in Newnan. We (my husband & I) are looking into this community that currently has about 8 residents & 2-3 homes for sale. We heard the Builder, Lichty Brothers, stopped building homes for now, and put things on hold due to the housing slump. However, the homes we've seen so far are quite nice and very affordable! We're looking to make a good investment in this price range with hopes in 3-4 years we can sell and make our $$$.

Our question is....has anyone out there heard of or know of anyone that lives in this neighborhood? If so, any & all feedback is very much appreciated! We are married and about to start our family, so we're looking for a family-friendly area w/amenities and a good class of neighbors. Not to sound snooty, but we like to surround ourselves with quality people and aren't interested in a bunch of "chatty" or "nosey" know-it-alls. We've experienced that before and aren't interested. We are very out-going & social and enjoy the commroderie of good neighbors.

Again, thanks for any help with our inquiry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 PM

722 posts, read 3,315,341 times
well, if you dont mind living in the midst of a big mound of dirt for a while I'd say go for it. I've been through tne neighborhood and I like the houses and it's in a very new area of town with lots of shopping and a good commute to atlanta and the airport. Your kids would be attending Newnan crossing elementary which is fairly good, Arnall Middle, and East Coweta high- both are considered good schools too.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the feedback! BTW, do you live in Newnan? If so, which Elementary School is considered the BEST?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
I live in SummerGrove and I do believe that it is the better neighborhood for now at least. It is almost built out and you know what you are getting. Lichty Brothers builds here too. don't know what price range you are looking at but SummerGrove has neighborhoods in all. It is definitely a buyers market too. You can get deals .

Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM

201 posts, read 1,070,410 times
Have they added another entrance/exit to it other than the one that takes you up to Newnan Crossing Elementary School? I do believe the reason those homes haven't sold is because you are going to be fighting school traffic (including lots of school buses) just to be able to get in and out of your neighborhood.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM

722 posts, read 3,315,341 times
I couldn't say which one is the best. Most of them are good but some have reputations as being bad such as ruth hill. I am never a proponent of staying away from a bad school and allowing it to remain bad, but if you don't want to mess with a bad school then stay away from there.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomartini View Post
Have they added another entrance/exit to it other than the one that takes you up to Newnan Crossing Elementary School? I do believe the reason those homes haven't sold is because you are going to be fighting school traffic (including lots of school buses) just to be able to get in and out of your neighborhood.
There is currently one entrance. I agree w/the bus & school traffic issue. Once we drove into the community, we realized there are no other entries and saw the negative impact of only one entrance, right by the school. Thanks!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
I live in SummerGrove and I do believe that it is the better neighborhood for now at least. It is almost built out and you know what you are getting. Lichty Brothers builds here too. don't know what price range you are looking at but SummerGrove has neighborhoods in all. It is definitely a buyers market too. You can get deals .
We looked in SummerGrove and like the area.....we haven't ruled it out. How long have you lived there and do you find it to be too big & overwhelming or do you like having all the amenities and space?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 PM

48 posts, read 108,036 times
Like others have stated, looks nice....but the entire development is on hold. The other issue is that the houses are RIGHT on top of one another. I looked there, the houses are nicely designed and the prices are still coming down, but just couldn't purchase a house in a stalled development. Instead, Im building a house across the street in Stonebridge. The area is a big plus.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:33 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and passed the neighborhood. I was shocked that the cars were lined up and backed up going into Summerlin for the school.If I had wanted to get into the neighborhood, I wouldn't have been able to. Hadn't noticed it before, probably because we are empty nesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta