Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2013, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,420 posts, read 6,564,313 times
Reputation: 2673

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Here are a pair of tweezers. It will help to remove that enormous bug you have up your ass.
spoken like a true pilgrim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,420 posts, read 6,564,313 times
Reputation: 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Who is tony?
You ARE TONY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 11:33 AM
 
1,637 posts, read 2,640,169 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
You ARE TONY.
Ok Yeezus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Atlanta (Finally on 4-1-17)
1,850 posts, read 3,029,139 times
Reputation: 2590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
5. Materialistic/flashy culture

Translation:


I want nice things but I cannot afford them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Atlanta (Finally on 4-1-17)
1,850 posts, read 3,029,139 times
Reputation: 2590
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
You ARE TONY.
Why does it matter? Bored are we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home...CHICAGO
3,421 posts, read 5,245,108 times
Reputation: 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Translation:

I want nice things but I cannot afford them.
Believe it or not, there are actually some people in this world who don't live for or define themselves by material things. I am one of those people and I get annoyed by the people here who define themselves solely by what they have or where they work. At the end of the day, who cares? You can't take it with you when you go, and unless you are curing cancer or working a job that's truly making a difference in the world, I could care less what you do or how much money you make. I'm just not impressed by that sort of thing. I strive to be a good person and I like being around good people. That's what's most important to me--not things.

At the end of the day everyone is working just to pay their bills and survive. People who brag and are flashy have low self-esteem and are over-compensating. You have adults here running around like teenagers trying to fit in and wanting to do what's cool, bragging about eating at "high-end" places which aren't really fine dining but national chains or trying to fit into some "scene" in Atlanta. It's ridiculous.

A lot of the people in this city who are materialistic and flashy don't even really have money. They want to pretend that they do so they can keep up with this supposed image of wealth so many Atlantans feel they need to uphold.

I am a Buddhist. As such, I strive for absolute happiness, not the relative happiness brought about by material things. I place value on things other things. At the end of the day I'm simply not a materialistic person (never have been) and I'm turned off by people who are (and I see so much of that here). Nice try though.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 12-06-2013 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Atlanta (Finally on 4-1-17)
1,850 posts, read 3,029,139 times
Reputation: 2590
I didn't read any of that, beyond "believe it or not"............but good for you, either way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Believe it or not, there are actually some people in this world who don't live for or define themselves by material things. I am one of those people and I get annoyed by the people here who define themselves solely by what they have or where they work. At the end of the day, who cares? You can't take it with you when you go, and unless you are curing cancer or working a job that's truly making a difference in the world, I could care less what you do or how much money you make. I'm just not impressed by that sort of thing. I strive to be a good person and I like being around good people. That's what's most important to me--not things.

At the end of the day everyone is working just to pay their bills and survive. People who brag and are flashy have low self-esteem and are over-compensating. You have adults here running around like teenagers trying to fit in and wanting to do what's cool, bragging about eating at "high-end" places which aren't really fine dining but national chains or trying to fit into some "scene" in Atlanta. It's ridiculous.

A lot of the people in this city who are materialistic and flashy don't even really have money. They want to pretend that they do so they can keep up with this supposed image of wealth so many Atlantans feel they need to uphold.

I am a Buddhist. As such, I strive for absolute happiness, not the relative happiness brought about by material things. I place value on things other things. At the end of the day I'm simply not a materialistic person (never have been) and I'm turned off by people who are (and I see so much of that here). Nice try though.

Last edited by Rocco Barbosa; 12-06-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home...CHICAGO
3,421 posts, read 5,245,108 times
Reputation: 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I didn't read any of that, beyond "believe it or not"............but good for you, either way.
Then why even make that comment? But it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,420 posts, read 6,564,313 times
Reputation: 2673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I didn't read any of that, beyond "believe it or not"............but good for you, either way.
Tony cmon man how many accounts you gonna make on here? You need to chill out son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home...CHICAGO
3,421 posts, read 5,245,108 times
Reputation: 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeach2 View Post
tony cmon man how many accounts you gonna make on here? You need to chill out son.
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top