Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:40 AM

18 posts, read 63,496 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all these responses! I'm going with the apartments on Clairmont, I really did love the location, easy access to all things, and they seemed like nice apartments. The area didn't seem too bad at all, thanks John for the info on the development there. These forums are invaluable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 AM

167 posts, read 769,495 times
I think the best place for you to consider to live in Lawrenceville (for the younger crowd) is the area near Discover Mills Mall. There are many apartments on Sugarloaf Parkway and Discover Mills was voted the best mall in all of Atlanta for entertainment by the AJC. It has an awesome movie theater (it was voted #1 also by the AJC). You'll love the shopping at Discover Mills (Steve and Barry's, Off Saks Fifth Avenue, Sun and Ski, Neiman Marcus Last Call, several outlets, etc.). You are also just a skip away from the Arena at Gwinnett (top-billed concerts and shows). You'll be located just off the interstate so you can easily travel up to the Mall of Georgia area (and the new Gwinnett Braves team's stadium). Did I mention that Wild Bills (a popular club) is about two exits down?

I think the Discover Mills area is what you are looking for (look into the Sugarloaf Parkway apartments).

Old 08-22-2008, 08:06 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley5 View Post
Thanks for all these responses! I'm going with the apartments on Clairmont, I really did love the location, easy access to all things, and they seemed like nice apartments. The area didn't seem too bad at all, thanks John for the info on the development there. These forums are invaluable!

You are very welcome, Ashley! Welcome to the neighborhood, and feel free to PM me if you want any more info/details.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,093 times
I live off of 316 in LVille and it sounds like you are going to work at CISCO systems if that is the case there are some nice brand new apt accross the street and around the corner. less than 2 miles away is Discover Mills huge outlet mall with all the resteraunts you want. Within 5 miles Pleasant Hill has 2 of the top night clubs in metro atlanta (Wild Bills if you are on the country side age range from 21-35) Encore more of an upscale mixed club both are off the charts crowded on thursday, friday and saturday nights. And if that is not enough the gwinnett arena is down the road another 3 miles off 316 and host a lot of major concerts and arena football. 10 min up 85 north is the largest mall in the south east (Mall of Georgia) so you really cant go wrong.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,601 times
I was wondering if Hawthorne Glenn was a good area to live in if someone had kids?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:05 AM

21 posts, read 53,815 times
pleasant hill? are you kidding do not rent around satellite blvd not a nice area at all,if you are looking for nice apts i would go for suwanee,berkeley lake off peachtree industrial? commute wouldnt be that bad,well i really dont care for the drive as long as i live in a nice safe place

Old 08-24-2016, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 930 times
Hi
we will be moving from california to lawrenceville for job relocation.
Any high and elementary school recommandation?
Trader joe? Sprouts? Costco?

Old 08-24-2016, 02:05 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
There's a Sprouts between Lawrenceville and Snellville off Scenic Hwy. Straddles the line between Brookwood HS and Grayson HS which are both great choices for high schools. There's no Costco nearby but there is a Sam's Club though I hear from many that Costco is superior.

Also plenty of good options north of Lawrenceville like Suwanee and Buford (which has a Costco near the Mall of Georgia).

Old 08-24-2016, 03:20 PM

32 posts, read 95,821 times
Lawrenceville has some good and not so good schools. The favorites are Brookwood and Collins Hill. Depending on where you're working Grayson, Parkview, Mountain View, Mill Creek, Peachtree Ridge and Archer are all viable options. You can check out different options for real estate on this Lawrenceville specific page.

As the previous poster mentioned Sprouts is near Snellville side of Lawrenceville. There's quite a few options for Costco or Sam's (the horror!).

Old 08-24-2016, 05:45 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvisteam View Post
Lawrenceville has some good and not so good schools. The favorites are Brookwood and Collins Hill. Depending on where you're working Grayson, Parkview, Mountain View, Mill Creek, Peachtree Ridge and Archer are all viable options. You can check out different options for real estate on this Lawrenceville specific page.

As the previous poster mentioned Sprouts is near Snellville side of Lawrenceville. There's quite a few options for Costco or Sam's (the horror!).
I would just add North Gwinnett HS and Buford HS to that list. Possibly Dacula though the area is more exurban.

Buford HS is in the Buford City Schools district instead of Gwinnett County Public Schools. Has smaller class sizes and smaller school sizes while maintaining high academic standards. Something to keep in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta