Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 AM

43 posts, read 118,287 times

Advertisements

Drive up New Hope Road 5 more miles and you will be in a great area. Lawrenceville is a bit "tricky". There are good and bad areas. However, the area near Simonton is not so great. Homes in the Archer cluster are pulling from very good schools (Harbins, McConnell, Grayson, and Dacula) and part of it is Lawrenceville. Once you pass the Tribble Mill Park, the area becomes rural. This corner of Gwinnett has 4 parks within 4 miles of each other, lots of horse farms, no apartments,strip malls, and a very low crime rate. Most families are highly active in sports, church, or other activities. In my neighborhood most of the elementary aged children have a stay at home parent. The majority of adults in this area have a 4yr degree or higher. The racial composition is 70% white and 30% other (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, Pacific Islander, Muli-Racial) Harbins Elementary has a mucher lower rate of free or reduced lunches than the rest of Gwinnett. This part of town is designed for the family that wants to live in the country and go to the city for work or on the weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 10:04 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagal1995 View Post
Drive up New Hope Road 5 more miles and you will be in a great area. Lawrenceville is a bit "tricky". There are good and bad areas. However, the area near Simonton is not so great. Homes in the Archer cluster are pulling from very good schools (Harbins, McConnell, Grayson, and Dacula) and part of it is Lawrenceville. Once you pass the Tribble Mill Park, the area becomes rural. This corner of Gwinnett has 4 parks within 4 miles of each other, lots of horse farms, no apartments,strip malls, and a very low crime rate. Most families are highly active in sports, church, or other activities. In my neighborhood most of the elementary aged children have a stay at home parent. The majority of adults in this area have a 4yr degree or higher. The racial composition is 70% white and 30% other (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, Pacific Islander, Muli-Racial) Harbins Elementary has a mucher lower rate of free or reduced lunches than the rest of Gwinnett. This part of town is designed for the family that wants to live in the country and go to the city for work or on the weekends.
This part of Gwinnett is a secret. Shsh!! Don't tell anyone.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 PM

21 posts, read 53,808 times
a secret? haha and ill check that zone out,my friends have been telling me around new hope but i never go that way,thanks for the info

Old 08-25-2009, 08:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiaboy7 View Post
a secret? haha and ill check that zone out,my friends have been telling me around new hope but i never go that way,thanks for the info
Well then u don't tell anyone.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,236 times
For those of you who complain about how bad Gwinnett schools are, here is a link for you!

Denied:1up! Software () (http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=84&ArticleID=637 21 - broken link)

[SIZE=2]"The school district's mean score of 1,526 is 66 points above the state average and 17 points above the national average, according to data released Tuesday.[/SIZE]"

I think this is really great, I know there is a lot of room for improvement, but I really think we are heading in the right direction. The school are a great asset to Lawrenceville, as well as Gwinnett

Old 12-12-2009, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,896 times
Lawrenceville like any community has its issues. There are a lot of wonderful opportunities in this community. I would encourage everyone reading the negatives about Lawrenceville to ask some of the long time residents and new business owners who are sincerely working to bring Lawrenceville ALIVE! We have a rich history in Lawrenceville that is older than any other city in the Metro Atlanta area, including being older than Atlanta. We have a wonderful Trolley Tour in the Spring which Mary Long is dedicated to telling those stories of Lawrenceville over and over. We have sturdy and stable homes in the community that were built by builders who knew how to build a home. Not these homes that are rolled out and fall apart in 5-10 years. Our Community Business Leaders are doing great things to network with each other bring in other unique and small business owners. We really have a wonderful place and could use more creative and positive thinkers who will participate in a greater success of this community. Our Schools need parents and students who see an opportunity to make something GREATER... Come join us in Lawrenceville. NEW Lawrenceville!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,872 times
looking in this area for daughter to live in while she attends UGA and works in Roswell. What is best area of Lawrenceville to look for safe good apartments?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmb1984 View Post
looking in this area for daughter to live in while she attends UGA and works in Roswell. What is best area of Lawrenceville to look for safe good apartments?
I don't know about the working in Roswell part--it sounds like she needs to strategically plan a route. Perhaps your daughter will be driving to Athens 2/3 times a week and then to Roswell on other days. A trip from Lawrenceville to Athens and then Athens to Roswell and back to Lawrenceville sounds pretty grueling.

You can contact ProMove apt locator service for recs. No charge.

This property was confirmed by several posters last week as a good place to live in Lawrenceville. Near Gwinnett Medical Center.

Preserve at Legacy Park, Apartments Lawrenceville

Old 08-01-2010, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 13,448 times
I live in Arizona and will be transferred to our company's terminal in Lawrenceville. Can anyone give information on the better areas to live in Lawrenceville or surrounding areas. Want a nice quiet area with little to know crime. Kinda like Mayberry USA. Information on shopping, intertainment, camping and fishing would also be helpful.

Last edited by cowbell.1957; 08-01-2010 at 08:03 PM..

Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell.1957 View Post
I live in Arizona and will be transferred to our company's terminal in Lawrenceville. Can anyone give information on the better areas to live in Lawrenceville or surrounding areas. Want a nice quiet area with little to know crime. Kinda like Mayberry USA. Information on shopping, intertainment, camping and fishing would also be helpful.
If you would like to be a bit further out, I would suggest the Dacula, Bethlehem, and Braselton areas. Those areas definitely have a slightly slower pace than most of the metro. Also, you might want to check the New Hope Rd area of Lawrenceville, however, I'm not sure how long that area will be semi-rural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta