Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:49 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,680,991 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's a good idea but I definately understand why.

I'm tired of always being called a 'conservative' which on these boards means, close minded, racist, anti-diversity, anti-public transportation, anti-green, etc.

I am conservative, but I don't define it as the above. All the blue-birds think we're so terrible and anyone that doesn't live ITP is an a$$ backwards hick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 07:49 AM

308 posts, read 1,037,866 times
I want my own forum.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
I don't think it's a good idea but I definately understand why.

I'm tired of always being called a 'conservative' which on these boards means, close minded, racist, anti-diversity, anti-public transportation, anti-green, etc.

I am conservative, but I don't define it as the above. All the blue-birds think we're so terrible and anyone that doesn't live ITP is an a$$ backwards hick.
Where are the posts by ITP'ers making such statements? I'm not seeing them.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:01 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,259,583 times
He must be referring the the AJC.com blogs, LOL!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:06 AM

171 posts, read 663,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
That would be lost if we split this up into regional forums, or some stinky snobby OTP/ITP forum...
Unfortunately that's already been happening on this forum, certain members, that don't even live in ITP, has Atlantasfinest has stated, shoot down the City of Atlanta and those living inside the loop. There's no doubt that we all come together to help newcomers. But working inside the perimeter and living outside perimeter are two totally different issues and vice versa.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:13 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,259,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcola110 View Post
Unfortunately that's already been happening on this forum, certain members, that don't even live in ITP, has Atlantasfinest has stated, shoot down the City of Atlanta and those living inside the loop. There's no doubt that we all come together to help newcomers. But working inside the perimeter and living outside perimeter are two totally different issues and vice versa.
I don't see a lot of that snobbiness on THIS forum, though. I do see it on the AJC.com forums.

However, with the very fact that a lot of people live OTP and work ITP we need to keep one common forum so that we might help these people decide WHERE OTP they should live or if they should consider ITP, depending on where they work.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellur View Post
It is not a good idea I think. A newcomer or out of town person visiting this forums would not know about geography of Atlanta suburbs very well. In my case, I am interested in both Gwinett and Cobb and now I have to look at two forums. Just my 2 cents.
I agree that it would be a source of confusion to newcomers...not to mention that they might miss out on all points of view on an issue.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:31 AM

171 posts, read 663,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
I don't see a lot of that snobbiness on THIS forum, though. I do see it on the AJC.com forums.

However, with the very fact that a lot of people live OTP and work ITP we need to keep one common forum so that we might help these people decide WHERE OTP they should live or if they should consider ITP, depending on where they work.
Snobbiness happens on this forum as well.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcola110 View Post
Snobbiness happens on this forum as well.
Maybe a little; but the forum goes a long way towards addressing posters' ignorance about Atlanta neighborhoods, OTP and ITP.
I know I've learned quite a bit about what's going on around the city that I would have been oblivious to otherwise.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
My opinion: A Gwinnett or Cobb forum is not needed.

I suppose if push came to shove, the Atlanta room could be renamed "Atlanta (city, including metro area)", or something like that. But newbies or those out of town still wouldn't know exactly what "metro area" includes. There's not enough room to put "Atlanta (including city, cobb, gwinnett, dekalb, fulton, clayton....)"

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-22-2008 at 10:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta