Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:20 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times

Advertisements

Does anyone think that Cobb and Gwinnett County should have their own forum here on City Data?

Since Atlanta/Fulton/Dekalb seem to work more together on issues (i.e. Marta/ITP/Infrastructure) and they generally have more in common overall from a geographic/ideology standpoint that it would seem like the two aforementioned counties would be better served on these forums as separate entities from Atlanta.

The Cobb/Gwinnett municipalities would form large cities in GA and it would also help to focus and narrow down the subjects in each forum better than what they currently are. This would also keep the Atlanta hating Trolls in their respective areas since most claim not to need or visit Atlanta anyway.

I'm very interested to see what everyone opinion is about making this change... IMO, If Augusta can have it's own forum Gwinett and Cobb should be a no-brainer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 06:29 AM

30 posts, read 118,325 times
We should also split up North Fulton from South Fulton.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:09 AM

188 posts, read 680,050 times
It is not a good idea I think. A newcomer or out of town person visiting this forums would not know about geography of Atlanta suburbs very well. In my case, I am interested in both Gwinett and Cobb and now I have to look at two forums. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:15 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,889,338 times
I respectfully disagree with this idea.

This forum is used a great deal by people moving to metro Atlanta. Consider, for example, the recent thread about a family moving for a job in Buckhead, and needing a high school with excellent academics and football for the son. Suggestions have ranged over Gwinnett, Roswell, Alpharetta, Dunwoody and East Cobb. Having information on Gwinnett and Cobb in separate forums from Roswell, Alpharetta and Dunwoody wouldn't be at all helpful to the OP in this case.

I live in North-East Cobb, in the Roswell 30075 zip code, do probably slightly more of my shopping in Roswell proper than in Cobb, use the Roswell public swimming pool, use MARTA from North Springs for going to the airport, take a keen interest in Cobb County schools, which my child attends. In the proposed new world of forums, which would be right for me?

Old 08-22-2008, 07:29 AM

171 posts, read 663,774 times
In that case, they should split forum between the neighborhoods that are ITP & suburbs that are OTP. Then newcomers will know geography of Atlanta metro.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,257,678 times
No, I disagree with that idea, too. I know that there's a difference between ITP and OTP but it's all Metro ATL and a lot of OTPers come ITP (if not downtown) to work, and even vice versa.

We get complimented a lot by folks on how helpful we are in informing people of the geographic relationship of the entire metro area. Regulars from all over metro ATL come here to connect with each other and provide info to newcomers. That would be lost if we split this up into regional forums, or some stinky snobby OTP/ITP forum...

Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Georgia now has 3 forums and I doubt that the Administrative team would create another forum. I don't think it would be beneficial for the reasons previously stated by others.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:33 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,257,678 times
Not that you're stinky or snobby for putting for the idea....

Old 08-22-2008, 07:37 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Looking at the US forums, the only cities that have their suburbs split off into separate forums are NYC, Chicago and LA.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
Yeah I was just putting it out there for conversation so the Trolls won't have a reason to even visit and offer thier opinion since they don't ever step foot into Atlanta. It seems like so many people who don't actually live in Atlanta make comments on Atlanta from thier far flung suburb when they aren't here on a daily basis 24/7 like myself and other informed people on this forum.

We have the same sprawl as LA and they have many sub-forums that split of the areas (Orange County/Inland Empire/Los Angeles) to name a few. Just putting the idea out there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta