Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 PM

612 posts, read 2,778,712 times

Advertisements

Would this even be feasible? My husband was transferred here and works out of our home but the company I used to work for only has an office in Alpharetta. I was not planning on working when we moved here but a great job just opened up and I'm not sure I want to turn it down. I recently moved to Snellville from Florida so I'm not sure if there are any good routes to Alpharetta.

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 03:26 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
We tried to figure out a route the other day. It is one of the more challenging commutes.

From Google>>> 25 mi/43 minutes???
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Snellvi...i=map&ct=title

Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,320,313 times
Don't even try it!!

If you really like the job, find a place further north, like Woodstock or Duluth, if you prefer to stay in the suburbs. You'll be a lot happier and you won't age as fast as you would if you were to make that godawful commute from Snellville.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
We tried to figure out a route the other day. It is one of the more challenging commutes.

From Google>>> 25 mi/43 minutes???
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Snellvi...i=map&ct=title
Thanks! I'm on the right track I think with Ronald Reagan Parkway to Pleasant Hill Rd, etc. I'm actually trying to find a shortcut up there because I live just south of Rt 124 where they call it Centerville.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Don't even try it!!

If you really like the job, find a place further north, like Woodstock or Duluth, if you prefer to stay in the suburbs. You'll be a lot happier and you won't age as fast as you would if you were to make that godawful commute from Snellville.
Darn....I will not move from my house in Snellville but I am thinking of picking up a small house closer to Alpharetta for the week and then 'come home' on the weekends.

I'll probably just not take the job, hurts to lose all the years I put in for the company though.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Cool Pleasant Hill/State Bridge Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
Thanks! I'm on the right track I think with Ronald Reagan Parkway to Pleasant Hill Rd, etc. I'm actually trying to find a shortcut up there because I live just south of Rt 124 where they call it Centerville.
Any commute that involves these two roads is frustrating. Gridlock. Always bad on Pleasant Hill.

From yesterday's AJC---Commuting around Atlanta--if you aren't on the road by 6:30--you will probably be stuck in traffic...
Go Here>>>
http://tinyurl.com/2bgwul (broken link)

Old 02-01-2007, 03:43 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
The most direct route is Ronald Reagan, then pleasant Hill (then becomes State Bridge road). Unfortunately, you go with flow of traffic. It is going to be very tough drive. I drive the opposite direction everyday. It is against traffic and it is so much better.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxu66 View Post
The most direct route is Ronald Reagan, then pleasant Hill (then becomes State Bridge road). Unfortunately, you go with flow of traffic. It is going to be very tough drive. I drive the opposite direction everyday. It is against traffic and it is so much better.
I was afraid of that. Do you have any idea if it will take more than an hour? I used to do the Miami-Ft Lauderdale commute back in my younger days and that was at least an hour so that's my limit.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:16 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
It all depends where Alpharatta you work. City of Alpharatta is on the west of GA400. That's long drive. If you work in John's Creek (still have alpharatta zip code), then it is not too bad.

State Bridge just finished widens the road from single road to two lanes (can you believe state bridge used to be one lane road?). There is another big project on Pleasant Hill/I-85. That project is due to finish in a couple of years.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:35 PM

88 posts, read 511,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Don't even try it!!

Totally true. We used to live over in Snellville and what a mess it would be to get to Alpharetta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta