U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 07:38 PM

6 posts, read 22,458 times

Advertisements

Hi - we are looking at a couple of homes in Adair Park. We are young professionals, no children.

Do you know much about the area, or even better live there or nearby? I know it's "up and coming" but we are obviously concerned about how safe it is today. The streets we're looking at seem to be mostly older homes with a few rehabs sprinkled throughout. It seems very quiet. One of the homes we're looking at has a security camera installed on the back of the house though which kind of freaked us out, heh.

I'd also like to know if there is anything known planned for this area...like a walkable area like East Atl Village...any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 PM

55 posts, read 221,958 times
My husband and I live in nearby Westview - two neighborhoods over from you (West End seperates us). We bought our house 2 years ago and we've really enjoyed the area. We love the historic old houses and we've become very close with many of our neighbors. More so than I ever experienced anywhere else! I have no doubt Adair Park would have a similar close-knit community to welcome you.

I think the area is just as safe as anywhere else in town. You have the occassional smash-and-grab just like anywhere else. (Unlike the suburbs where I have heard of several robbed and tied up at gunpoint incidents.) So just like in other parts of town take caution - don't leave valuables in plain sight, get a security system, and get to know your neighbors.

I don't know about a walkable area. Does Adair Park have any little commercial strips? In Westview we have a cute historic commercial corridor that reminds me very much of East Atlanta, and I'm sure in a few more years we'll have nice little restaurants and boutiques to shop at. If Adair Park has a commercial district, and with the trend of moving back in town, I'm sure there will be things to walk too in a few years. Plus Adair Park sits on the BeltLine and I know they just completed their study session a week ago with plans of potential development for the area, so that should be a bonus.

Hope to get a new young professional, no children couple into the area!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 22,458 times
Thank you so much for the reply! We may also check out Westview now. I don't think there are many, if any, commercial strips around Adair Park. But I am sure it will grow in the years to come, as you said.

Thanks again!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,658,158 times
I took a drive around Adair Park and Capitol View this weekend and I liked both areas. The area around Perkeson Park in Capitol View is very nice with nice homes and it seemed very quiet besides the few kids walking around. The big advantage with Capitol View is that it's border is across from Atlanta Metro College which has a nice looking campus with the rail lines due west(Marta Access). I liked Capitol View more than Adair Park and it had more variety and was just a little bit nicer IMO. Both areas have good Marta Access and Freeway Access but Adair Park has more Industrial Warehouses on it's westside boundry than Capitol View and it's eastside boundry is Pittsburgh. Both areas have good potential but I would buy in Capitol View.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,805 times
I live on catherine and we LOVE our neighbors and 'hood. Don't let the cameras scare you. we've been here 6 yrs; our neighbors have been here 25. please come join a very active, vibrant neighborhood. we all watch out for each other and yes,the occasional rake or tool has been swiped from a back yard-- and the cameras help us catch the brats that do that kind of stuff. Great place. Prez of nieghborhood assoc lives on Brookline. drive through, wave hello, we'll make you drink wine with us or invite you to come plant lantana. cheers. DeniseonCatherine

Old 01-28-2011, 01:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,031 times
I have lived in Adair Park for ten years and am delighted with all the recent new homeowners. If you are looking for a "smalltown" feel in the city, Adair Park is for you. There are many great foreclosure deals as the result of the wallowing economy...but to your advantage. The random investors of homes we have seen over the last few years who saw one episode of "Flip that House" and thought they could spend 10K (the house needed 25-50K to be done right...)on a house that they paid 65K for, and sell for 200K+, are now on the market for 35K...granted, they need 25-50K in renovations. Come check us out...I am not a realtor, or an investor, landlord, etc. who is looking to influence others for personal profit...just a homeowner looking to inform prospective residents about one of Atlanta,s 'best kept secrets..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: