U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 AM

23,125 posts, read 35,935,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Some strip-joint, or something like that.
*sigh* the end of innocence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 AM

207 posts, read 843,201 times
Jim Salee's records, Mammy's Shanty, Yohannans,the Yellow Jacket, Harry's on spring street, Landers Motors, Fun Town, Aldo's, Parks Chambers, Fisher's Mens shop, John Jarrell, Muses, Bond suits, Leb's, Planters Peanut store, Lowe's theatre, Catfish King, Chicken in the Rough, Miss Georgia Daires "spinnin wheels", Johnny Rebs, the Split T drive in, Mccrory's, HL Green,Top of the Mart,the Ambassador, and Twelve Oaks.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Jim Salee's records, Mammy's Shanty, Yohannans,the Yellow Jacket, Harry's on spring street, Landers Motors, Fun Town, Aldo's, Parks Chambers, Fisher's Mens shop, John Jarrell, Muses, Bond suits, Leb's, Planters Peanut store, Lowe's theatre, Catfish King, Chicken in the Rough, Miss Georgia Daires "spinnin wheels", Johnny Rebs, the Split T drive in, Mccrory's, HL Green,Top of the Mart,the Ambassador, and Twelve Oaks.
Oh my...you made me remember that my that dear grandfather was buried in his favorite John Jarriel suit that he bought in 1949...he passed away in 1991.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 AM

8,059 posts, read 10,409,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Oh my...you made me remember that my that dear grandfather was buried in his favorite John Jarriel suit that he bought in 1949...he passed away in 1991.
Lovin, one of my earliest memories was going downtown with my mother to Rich's and Davison's and eating at a large cafeteria on Peachtree. I cannot remember the name of it, except that it was a double letter name. I keep thinking A&W, but that is root beer!

Do you know the cafeteria I am talking about? I always got jello cut in cubes in a tall dessert dish with whipped cream interspersed. If I scratch my brain really hard this is one of my earliest memories, probably 3 or 4 years old.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Lovin, one of my earliest memories was going downtown with my mother to Rich's and Davison's and eating at a large cafeteria on Peachtree. I cannot remember the name of it, except that it was a double letter name. I keep thinking A&W, but that is root beer!

Do you know the cafeteria I am talking about? I always got jello cut in cubes in a tall dessert dish with whipped cream interspersed. If I scratch my brain really hard this is one of my earliest memories, probably 3 or 4 years old.
You must mean the S&W...the other cafeteria chain in town was the Davis Bros.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 AM

8,059 posts, read 10,409,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You must mean the S&W...the other cafeteria chain in town was the Davis Bros.
That's it, thanks! Knew you would know it. At least I got one letter right, lol.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:48 PM

207 posts, read 843,201 times
Antone remember Minnie Quarts, Blue Horse paper, Woody Willow,The Black Crackers, The Domino Lounge, Robinson's tropical gardens, The Henry Grady Hotel, The Royal Peacock, Thw Wallahajee Hotel and club, Davidson Paxon department store, The Pickrick, DUX hardware, Pilgreens, Johnny Escoes, Earls place, The Rivera motel, and The piedmont Drive in theater.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:07 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,515,606 times
The Armory, Backstreet, Weekends, Blu, The Metro, Kaya, Club Anytime, The Anvil, Hoedowns, Transfer, Deana's, Talulahs, The Sports Page, Revolution, Options, Red Chair, Velvet, Axis, Petrus, Gallus, Buddies, Lipstix, Lavita's, Better Bodies, Colony Square Athletic Club...

Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 PM

41 posts, read 196,935 times
Default High Schools that once were in Metro Atlanta but are no more

Boys High School, Girls High School, Tech High, Bass High School, Roosevelt High School, Sylvan High School, Southwest High School, Walter F. George High School, Fulton High School, West Fulton High School, O'Keefe High School, Brown High School, Murphy High School, Russell High School, Headland High School, College Park High School, Lakeshore High School, Campbell High School of Fairburn, Palmetto High School, Hapeville High School, Feldwood High School, South Fulton High School

I know I didn't name all of them, so if you know of one that no longer is in operation please post it.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:48 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,515,606 times
Briarcliff High School (area served by Druid Hills High)
North Fulton High School (area served by North Atlanta High)
Crestwood High School (area served by Chattahoochee High)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or